• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
It could be a cautionary tale for future NRC endeavours with existing clubs. The name was so intrinsically linked to what was a fairly unpopular (and my former) junior rep club (because of its use of its NBL club ties), that it was too on the nose for the rest of Vic basketball to support. It mattered less when Coburg, St Kilda and Nunawading had sides in 80s and 90s. Once Melbourne became a one town club it ceased to work and Larry Kestleman forced the rebrand.
The earliest I can remember was watching Gaze as a little kid, I can’t really remember all the other sides

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Good to see some fun content from Stan Sport. Still refreshing compared to Fox...
1647576510275.png

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
FTA ratings have declined significantly for Super Rugby Pacific compared to Super Rugby AU.

Matches haven’t featured in the top 20 of the multi-channel for a few weeks now, so ratings are unknown. Last year they featured each week.

004D9218-FA91-4F66-817D-7140A42A0D1E.jpeg

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
FTA ratings have declined significantly for Super Rugby Pacific compared to Super Rugby AU.

Matches haven’t featured in the top 20 of the multi-channel for a few weeks now, so ratings are unknown. Last year they featured each week.

View attachment 13249
Wonder why. At this stage theres basically been no difference.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Wonder why. At this stage theres basically been no difference.

Less marketing this year around the place I reckon.

Stan really pushed it last year, I saw heaps of advertising around Brisbane on buses, bus stops, billboards etc. absolutely zero this year.

I reckon it’s affecting crowds as well - only 14k last night at Suncorp. It was a peach of a night in Brissy to head out and was a top of the table clash/grand final rematch.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Less marketing this year around the place I reckon.

Stan really pushed it last year, I saw heaps of advertising around Brisbane on buses, bus stops, billboards etc. absolutely zero this year.

I reckon it’s affecting crowds as well - only 14k last night at Suncorp. It was a peach of a night in Brissy to head out and was a top of the table clash/grand final rematch.

I actually have seen a bit of advertising in Bris - but I'm not travelling as much on public transport so probably miss a lot of it.