• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

British & Irish Lions tour of New Zealand (2017)

Wolfram

Bob McCowan (2)
What did we think of Vunipola's carte jaune? While Barrett looked to be sort-of rolling back, he also still looked to be close to the ball. At worst should have been a penalty, but not a YC. Am I missing something?

As a Lions supporter, I was happy he received only a YC card. After seeing different angles and the interference of the TMO try to convince Grace to look at those, I wouldnt be surprised if he gave Vunipola the red card.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
What did we think of Vunipola's carte jaune? While Barrett looked to be sort-of rolling back, he also still looked to be close to the ball. At worst should have been a penalty, but not a YC. Am I missing something?

Its hard to say. He could have easily got a yellow for his efforts. It did look like a shoulder charge into a prone player's head, so I don't think the Lions could really complain too much if he had been sent. Then again a lot of clean outs look like that. But he didn't get carded so no point debating.

I found this clip, in french sorry.

At the end of the day, SBW (or Suddenly Bloody Walking as he has been named already) lost it for us so he will be receiving all the ire this week.

I am just really proud that the remaining 14 bloody nearly did it and only failed to draw due to a stupid penalty at the death.

Bring on Auckland.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
SBW fronts the judiciary in Wellington at 5pm today.

Anyone else curious about why Ayoub tried to re-engage with Garces after both the SBW & Vunipola cards? SBW's was clearly Red so I'm not sure what he thought he could add to that decision, but the Vunipola one I found intriguing.

T

TOCC

As a Reds fan I feel no sympathy, Reds have learned the hard way the new interpretation of the law and receieved their fair share of yellows and red cards over contact with the head.

SBW should be given 2 or 3 weeks based on this years trends.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
SBW to get anywhere between 5-10 weeks based on the World Rugby wheel of misfortune disciplinary guidelines

Misfortune.gif

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Since he has form for shoulder charges he won't get off lightly. I am sure you all remember this:

Might be back in time for Bledisloe 3.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
SBW fronts the judiciary in Wellington at 5pm today.

Anyone else curious about why Ayoub tried to re-engage with Garces after both the SBW & Vunipola cards? SBW's was clearly Red so I'm not sure what he thought he could add to that decision, but the Vunipola one I found intriguing.

For at least the last two matches Ayoub has spent a lot of time giving his two cents worth - curiously he found nothing to say after the late tackle on Farrell.

dru

David Wilson (68)
I hate the card system - at least the losing a man from the pitch. Usually I simply switch off at that stage as a fait a comple. Not with the ABs though. What a performance.

Not the greatest viewing, but definitely one of the greatest performances I have seem. Well done ABs, congratulations Lions.

Third test should be monumental.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Don’t mind wee Georgie piping up. Not really in his TMO job description (?) but better than him just sitting there quietly watching the game and collecting his pay check as hellfire head chaos bloodbath deth on stilts explodes on his monitors all around him. Was fun listening to him trying to communicate (”Jerome? Jerome? Can you hear me?”) as the cocksure clueless little Napoleon strode around the field ignoring him, dishing out this and that, after having clearly missed this, that and the other. Did like his whistling up of the off the feet at the rucks though. Sad he shat the bed for the winning penalty when the Lions bloke decides to jump into a tackle… and hello, i7ve just won the French sister kissing Alain Mafart lottery of all lotteries. Every c**t and his dog should be trying that stunt now.

SBW’s lifetime pass after the offload in Blues game to see I.West in for winning try vs Lions has now been **FUCKING REVOKED** Let him feel the burn of public censure, the scalding heat of oh fuck I just caused the All Blacks to lose a rugby football test match. Online lynchings, pyres, immolation, Ramadam brain BBQ jokes, the whole fucken 9 yards. Maybe that way these young blokes can glean some of the terror sheen the open fire roasting imbues in their kiln-glazed brains to ensure Losing As A Motherfucking All Black is Not A Motherfucking Option, that is if they’d like to continue living in New Zealand for the rest of their days free of public derision. Taine Randell/Ron Cribb/Mark Mayerhoffler/Troy Flavell/insert AB relegated to spending the rest of their days playing out the string while synonymous with losing here______.

Once the NZ public lets off then the lads will just think well, that wasn’t so bad, no biggie, we’ll get it right next week, let’s get a good nights sleep now, nighty night Teddy, night night Mr Stiffy. They need to have that sickening fear of losing, a well of terror from which to draw upon on the high veldt/Twickers etc when under the kosh bigtime and all that red head/blue head David Copperfield PR bollox is getting pounded right up your arse by some 6 foot 8 boer freak with blood all over his dick.

T

TOCC

I've said it before, but the TMO has too much of a role to play in rugby, fans don't watch rugby to have the TMO become a pivotal player in the outcome...

Rugby needs to look at the NRL and the bunker system, lesser powers but far more efficient decisions.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
It did look like a shoulder charge into a prone player's head, so I don't think the Lions could really complain too much if he had been sent. Then again a lot of clean outs look like that. But he didn't get carded so no point.

That doesn't make sense. He had his arms wrapped around Barrett, so by very definition that's not a shoulder charge. He also did get carded, that being whole the point of me asking the question.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
What I thought about was how much Barrett tried to milk it. Seems to be the new All Black way

Well if you thought he was milking it Gagger, you got me beat, he was hit in the head with a shoulder. What did he do to milk it?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I've said it before, but the TMO has too much of a role to play in rugby, fans don't watch rugby to have the TMO become a pivotal player in the outcome.

Rugby needs to look at the NRL and the bunker system, lesser powers but far more efficient decisions.

George seems to have been very very active as a TMO in this series Iincluding in the mimd-week games). Wonder if this is a new WR (World Rugby) policy or just a George thing?

One assumes from his appointment for the whole of the series that he is considered to be the pre-eminent TMO in the world at the moment?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
An angle shows shoulder at / close to head. Certainly dangerous.