• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

British & Irish Lions tour of New Zealand (2017)

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Ah well. In it right to the very end. Well done Lions. Next week no SBW, back to 15 and a little bit grumpy about losing. Will be interesting to say the least.

The SBW hate shall now flow from all points. Still think Gatland will be asked serious questions why they could not win by more.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Lions deserved the win BUT since when has jumping into a tackle been OK?
I recall rocky elsom being penalised for jumping rather than the other way round. To be honest, the ref was a bit turd. But, i thought he actually favored the ABs in the large part. Late tackle being the key example. If bogan didnt miss 3 kicks the ABs still win.

The Sbw incident aside as that was a disgrace im sure has seen him see the ab jersey for the last time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
SBW will cop shit but god NZ were some hot wet garbage. Clueless. PANICKY. Complacent from the start. Lions smashed em backwards all night. Deserved win. Dagg? Dagg. Fucking Dagg. Oh yeah, great under the high ball “He doesn’t miss many tackles” says fat guts Smithy in between deep-throating filthy great luscious mouthfuls of Izzy cock WELL HE FUCKING MISSED THAT ONE BUDDY

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Interesting little factoid popped up on reddit (credit u/TomahawkElite):

SBW is the 3rd AB to be red carded - the other two were Cyril Brownlie in 1925 and Sir Colin Meads in 1967

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I am sure we will see SBW back in an AB jersey, althought I have no problem with the red card, I thought it had everything that the laws say is a red. Really looking forward to next week, I am not disappointed with result in the end, and just reminds me why I love Lion's tours!

zer0

John Thornett (49)
I recall rocky elsom being penalised for jumping rather than the other way round.

It is illegal but it's rarely ever pulled up. Even in spectacularly obvious cases such as Vaea Fifita's hurdling over Piers Francis. In saying that it is a fairly rare occurrence, unless you take the wording of the law to its absolute letter.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Funny thing about SBW is that since walking away from the toxic swamp that was the Bulldogs all those years ago he's not actually done anything to justify the bad rap he still gets from some people. He's honoured every contract he's signed since (& paid what was owing to the 'dogs) & promise he's made. I really just don't get the residual dislike.
gest10_zps8315da63.gif

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Good for the series.....not sure red card helped Lions as they psychologically seemed to suffer with thought they should beat AB's with 14 men whilst of course AB's lift as so much self belief.

Kieran Read gave good post match interview as discipline terrible from both sides......

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
SBW was a very good player,I'm surprised he's still getting AB jumpers.
He's probably only Wallaby standard these days.
I reckon that's his last run with the ABs

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
SBW will cop shit but god NZ were some hot wet garbage. Clueless. PANICKY. Complacent from the start. Lions smashed em backwards all night. Deserved win. Dagg? Dagg. Fucking Dagg. Oh yeah, great under the high ball “He doesn’t miss many tackles” says fat guts Smithy in between deep-throating filthy great luscious mouthfuls of Izzy cock WELL HE FUCKING MISSED THAT ONE BUDDY

Meant lovingly DP - what would we do without you?

I'd cry and go away lonely.