• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

British & Irish Lions tour of New Zealand (2017)

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I'm not a fan of the video ref usually

But the first time was to tell him he'd walked a good 5-6m past the mark where the penalty was

The ref went to the distance shown by the asst ref on the sideline in that case

and the second one seemed to be cause he wanted to show him all the angles to make an informed decision. Both attempts at contact were just blatantly ignored

But it's the ref's call if he wants to use the TMO or not. The TMO is the 4th banana.

He should remember that.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
In many ways the red card and all blacks with 14 players could be a huge motivating factor for ABs and leave Lions feeling a bit trying too hard with the psychology that with 14 players the game is there's for the taking....as I think the biggest battle for any team playing All Blacks is aura of them clearly being No.1 team by reasonable distance (not discounting Northern Hemisphere teams closing the gap whilst other Southern Hemisphere teams fall behind)
If any team can win a tight game like this with 14 players on the field it is the All Blacks.
Actually thinking about it. Maybe a way to make Rugby Championship more interesting is to limit All Blacks to 14 players. As seriously otherwise does anybody think Wallabies, Pumas or Springboks compared to All Blacks where they are have a remote chance of even winning a game against All Blacks let alone win the Rugby Championship.....

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Cruden's cross kick was not at all on so have no idea what the thinking was there -- if indeed there was any.

Regardless, well done to the Lions.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Man, being decided on an idiot jumping into a tackle. In my day the guy jumping would've been penalised, not the tackler.