• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brisbane Global Rugby Tens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Finally got sent from the Stadium management my free tickets for the game as I'm a local resident to Suncorp. Looked at the seats and while they're in the Platinum section, they're located on the East stand in the single digit rows.

Hopefully the organisers have come up with some strategies to deal with this heat otherwise I'll be cooked like a Sunday roast.
Ah what? Free Platinum tickets because you live near the ground? How does that work?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Finally got sent from the Stadium management my free tickets for the game as I'm a local resident to Suncorp. Looked at the seats and while they're in the Platinum section, they're located on the East stand in the single digit rows.

Hopefully the organisers have come up with some strategies to deal with this heat otherwise I'll be cooked like a Sunday roast.

have you considered packing suncream?

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Ah what? Free Platinum tickets because you live near the ground? How does that work?

Locals get first dibs on concert tickets, free tickets to Caxton Seafood fest etc as a way to get us to go and not make noise complaints. Every time something comes up, we get a mail out and told when/where we can buy it. We got a notice yesterday that Beiber is playing later this year so if want pre-pre sale tickets we can go down and grab them.

have you considered packing suncream?

Haha, I'll be slathered up, but this rig of mine is not one that deal with the heat without wind too well.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
^^^^^^
Mate
Slap on the Baby Oil or if you are wealthy a bottle or 2 of that beautiful fragranced Hawaiian Oil. The crowd around you certainly will smell the stuff:)

T

TOCC

If it's anything like the Sydney Sevens then the fans will just chase shade all day, lower tiers will probably thin out with everyone higher up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Problem is TOCC that Sydney 7s was mainly GA seating, especially on the sunny side of the ground.

Brisbane 10s is all allocated seating, so moving around stands will not be nearly as easy.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
We got a notice yesterday that Beiber is playing later this year so if want pre-pre sale tickets we can go down and grab them

.................. or arrange to be far, far away that weekend :) I once lived within earshot of Athletic Park but somehow no one ever thought of offering the locals pre-sale tickets or whatever to keep them sweet. Hence the endless bitching from said locals that contributed to the old girl being knocked down & turned into a retirement village.

I've seen predictions of 37C for Saturday & 39C for Sunday, even if they're wrong by 4-5C it's gunna be a stinker esp as it's allocated seating & unless the joint's half empty chasing the shade won't be an option. I'd recommend frequent pass outs (as opposed to passing outs :)) to rehydrate on Caxton St.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
Anyone know if the games will be streamed over the internet? The website had no info that I could find

Lähetetty minun NEM-L21 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

T

TOCC

Foxtel have the exclusive broadcast rights in Australia

T

TOCC

Problem is TOCC that Sydney 7s was mainly GA seating, especially on the sunny side of the ground.

Brisbane 10s is all allocated seating, so moving around stands will not be nearly as easy.
True, buts it's not a sellout so shiuld still be plenty of seats for people to move into if officials aren't overly strict on seating

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
In regards to the alleged ticket sales (30-35,000 if reports are to be believed) do we think Ducco would be happy?

Personally I imagine they would be hoping for a sell out event based on the ticket sales of Sydney 7's and the fact it is being hosted in arguably one of the best rugby viewing stadiums in the world.

On top of that, I wonder how the ARU/QRU/Suncorp are feeling about the event as even though they have sold X amount of tickets, my gut tells me there may only be 15-20,000 through the gates on Sunday.

I feel like there has been far more bad press, albeit indirect (by bad press I mean the lack of All-Blacks, displeasure over ticket sale setup and the impending heat wave) during the lead up to the event which has really turned quite a few people away from actually attending.

I for one live <3km from the stadium and am really looking forward to watching the event this weekend, however, am still not inspired enough to buy a ticket and will be watching it from my air-conditioned living room.

T

TOCC

I think the ARU, QRU and most Aussie team would be happy with the added publicity that this event has generated so far.. how many years have we bemoaned the fact that people barely realise the Super Rugby has started?

Whether or not the event succeeds in the long term is questionable, but for 2017 it has at least had the teams in the headlines and having players and squads discussed. More so in QLD, but still plenty of marketing in Sydney which may at least spark more interest in the Super Rugby beginning.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I for one live <3km from the stadium and am really looking forward to watching the event this weekend, however, am still not inspired enough to buy a ticket and will be watching it from my air-conditioned living room.

I'll be at home in the air conditioning with a fridge full of James Squire on hand.

Have to say re the heat. February in Brisbane is always hot and humid and that alone is the reason I have not bought tickets. You think of some of the early Super rounds here where the heat really fucks the players up and as a spectator just sitting in the stands in the shade is stifling.

I just hope all the players come through unscathed but it will be really tough conditions for them, the RBH better have the drips ready.

T

TOCC

Toulon had one of the community days at Easts Rugby, and whilst we all love to hate James O'Connor, he took the time to stay back and get photos with all the kids.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Yes, have to agree - I observed O'Connor and his interactions with the fans - the guy could not have been more accommodating - so many photos, signatures, people taking selfies with him - the rest of the team left on the bus and he was still there posing for any photo and signing any jersey/ball etc - I was impressed by his attitude.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I think the ARU will be pretty happy, regardless of how well the 10s goes.

Super Rugby gets a big boost and they don't have to spend a cent. Much better than the situation in previous years.

We can debate the merits of the 10s until the cows come home, but we're much better off with it happening than not.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Here is bit of an update on the tickets - Looks like unless a massive rush for 2 day passes today, there'll be single day tickets for Sunday available.

e6d4b4df607dd4bbc7abec81ba10aa8d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think the ARU will be pretty happy, regardless of how well the 10s goes.

Super Rugby gets a big boost and they don't have to spend a cent. Much better than the situation in previous years.

We can debate the merits of the 10s until the cows come home, but we're much better off with it happening than not.

Exactly, the more publicity the better. I've got 3/4 mates coming around for a day on the couch with some beers here in Melb. Cant wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.