• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Bledisloe 2 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, Wellington, 27 August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Unfortunately it's all about perception and that's just Hansen deliberately and pointedly adding to that perception, putting another nail in Stephen Moores coffin. It's getting close to an Al Baxter type situation and soon Cheiks will have little choice.
I actually think Moore was pretty hard done by.
In the his second interaction of the night Moore politely asked "sir was that close to a yellow card" after a deliberate and cynical infringement attacking the ABs line. No emotion, didn't carry on.
Poite responded "Stephen don't - if we need to talk I'm calling you"
I call bullshit
Moore has every right, and should ask that question. Its a repeated AB tactic when their line is under pressure and needs to be highlighted. It's not only the referee that can initiate a discussion.
That alone demonstrates Poite had preconceived ideas.
Poites player management should be called into question just as much as Moore.

Agree with most of that BUT playing the "yellow card, sir?" card on your first visit to the oppo 22 is a little presumptuous........

I've long admired Moore as a player & given he used to be your only nailed-on 80-min player thought he was a good choice to have the (c) after his name. Sadly he's no longer either of those things. Not sure that you drop your skipper mid-comp but I don't see how he can lead the EOYT.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
i'm actually pretty annoyed by clueless chieka (yes, i recognise that is a very trump like handle).

there was nothing to be gained having a whinge in the media about the standards of the refereeing last night, particularly since bernie did the same thing recently. that shit should be handled by the aru through official channels and any statement should come from the aru via the media. its poor form and caps off a season of aussie coaches whingeing about refs. it makes us look bad.

it's not like we didn't know what to expect with poite as ref.

it's not a fucking surprise that refs do not like moore and don't like having to deal with him.

it's not a fucking surprise the AB's consistently get away with ref interactions that we can't.

so shut the fuck up and let the players take the ref out of the game. and if we can't do that just shut the fuck up.

chieka needs to shut up and sort out the problems with the team with priority on our inability to tackle, win lineouts and defensive structures. and some attacking moves that don't start from 20 odd metres behind the ruck.

i'll save my rant about grey for later.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
The other thing about the Franks incident that's irritating more than anything is he's on our side of the maul!

Cq648kjVMAAuBV4.jpg

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
There's fuck all we can do about Poite or any of the horseshit NH refs we get down here. Garces, Clancy, Barnes, Owens, poite. They're all capable of losing the plot halfway through a match and completely fucking up every subsequent call. you can probably count the number of shit calls Craig Joubert has made on two hands but his reputation was mud after the WC because a home Union felt aggrieved.
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. When Angus Gardner is the best you can produce, well there's not much else to say.

I know we're shithouse. Mike Adamson's the best we can produce, and he's got a case of the Steve Walsh ego without the same ability. And if you go back to the World Cup Threads, please note my complete acceptance on that particular incident, to which my main objection was a yellow card off a knock down to Maitland for a genuine interception attempt, of which the ARs are more to blame than Joubert.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Actually looking at where Poite is pointing in that pic, when he's saying 'leave it alone' he could be telling Douglas not to interfere with an All Blacks' jersey ;)

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Agree with most of that BUT playing the "yellow card, sir?" card on your first visit to the oppo 22 is a little presumptuous.

Perhaps - but a deliberate infringement in the red zone doesn't need to be recurrent to incur a card.
It was never going to happen but most captains would politely ask the question.
The ABs gave away 4 defensive penalties in the first 20mins and Moore didn't raise the question again because of the way he was dismissed. But he had every right to.

Edit: just rewatched the first 10 mins - in fact the ref was playing a penalty advantage for offside when a second deliberate infringement of not rolling away was committed.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Sorry I should have clarified that: Things Wallabies fans can agree on.

I don't know what the deal is regarding a meeting. As many commentators have said- Who cares? It isn't going to change the fact that we were outclassed.

As for Cheik's other complaints.. Yes, referees should give Stephen Moore more of a chance to receive clarification and request referee observation to specific issues. But it really doesn't help things that Moore (and some of the other forwards) are such dickheads when they do get the chance to speak to the referee. I think both parties need to reflect on their behaviour.

Yep Forcefield, I was kind of tongue in cheek with my comments about Cheks claims of meetings etc, just I was trying to show how over the top it can get with comments I have read on here. I also know as a Wallaby fan most would be hurting a little and most that I know , personally anyway not in here, are really honest and don't come across with all the Refs hate us etc etc. Even PR is looking quite balanced today;)

But anyway I will be at Suncorp to support the Wallabies in a couple of weeks, and hope plenty of Wallaby supporters are there too!!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Probably more grating was the yellow card that wasn't given at the end of the game for another infringement in the red zone (shortly before Phipps had the ball dislodged over the line).

Yet, Poite saw fit to give us a warning midway through the second half after a scrum penalty and one other ruck penalty immediately before it. Franks never got so much as a talking to for two scrum penalties, attacking the face, giving away a ruck penalty or two, and generally being a pillock.

No amount of ref intervention helps our lack of brains, but throw in the "not 10m" restart that clearly hit an advancing Savea, followed by the early scrum push from the ABs at the subsequent scrum resulting in a penalty, and the lack of a fair crack at ruck ball given to Pocock, and you are left wondering how Poite is anywhere near the top 20 international referees.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
People saying 'we suck anyway so why worry about what the ref does' are just the worst.

We should start putting third string sides out against the All Blacks because we'll just lose anyway to save our starters for games we can actually win.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Unfortunately it's all about perception and that's just Hansen deliberately and pointedly adding to that perception, putting another nail in Stephen Moores coffin. It's getting close to an Al Baxter type situation and soon Cheiks will have little choice.
I actually think Moore was pretty hard done by.
In the his second interaction of the night Moore politely asked "sir was that close to a yellow card" after a deliberate and cynical infringement attacking the ABs line. No emotion, didn't carry on.
Poite responded "Stephen don't - if we need to talk I'm calling you"
I call bullshit
Moore has every right, and should ask that question. Its a repeated AB tactic when their line is under pressure and needs to be highlighted. It's not only the referee that can initiate a discussion.
That alone demonstrates Poite had preconceived ideas.
Poites player management should be called into question just as much as Moore.

And there was all the shouting at the ref between interaction 1 and 2 that was coming from Moore and other players in Wallaby shirts.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Probably more grating was the yellow card that wasn't given at the end of the game for another infringement in the red zone (shortly before Phipps had the ball dislodged over the line).

Yet, Poite saw fit to give us a warning midway through the second half after a scrum penalty and one other ruck penalty immediately before it. Franks never got so much as a talking to for two scrum penalties, attacking the face, giving away a ruck penalty or two, and generally being a pillock.

No amount of ref intervention helps our lack of brains, but throw in the "not 10m" restart that clearly hit an advancing Savea, followed by the early scrum push from the ABs at the subsequent scrum resulting in a penalty, and the lack of a fair crack at ruck ball given to Pocock, and you are left wondering how Poite is anywhere near the top 20 international referees.
I found it hard to believe when he warned us in the scrum in the second half. Haha. Couldn't believe it.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

tragic

John Solomon (38)
And there was all the shouting at the ref between interaction 1 and 2 that was coming from Moore and other players in Wallaby shirts.

That's exactly what I mean by perception and preconceived ideas.
I was deliberately watching Moore.
There was no such shouting between the two interactions from him.

Edit : in fact I just rewatched the first 10 mins and the only shouting at the ref between the interactions came from all blacks.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Okay, so Quade is being hidden away on defense (wasn't sure)

When you know you will be hidden away, why learn to tackle???

Barrett was pretty bad tackler a few years back, as was Sopoaga.
But knowing they would not be moved to hide their deficiencies forced them to learn to tackle. Perhaps Chieka should do the same with Quade.

Not to mention Cruden as well early on. Can distinctly remember Quade beating him hands down one on one to score a couple of years ago. Probably wouldn't see that now.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Here's the other angle that must have cleared Franks

1472370242637.jpg

Apparently its a non-event because Douglas kept his cool. Right Kane now you know, run out in the next game and punch the fat bastard and make it good. It is indefensible and anybody doing so condones it. There is no way it is accidental and after the facial incident he clearly grabs Douglas in a choke hold. Franks is a dirty piece of......(please what ever expletive you want).

Poite should be sacked permanently for this as he was right there and even commented on it and the so called independent commissioner can go as well for total incompetence.

Status
Not open for further replies.