• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Bledisloe 2 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, Wellington, 27 August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Here's the other angle that must have cleared Franks

1472370242637.jpg
Ease up on Franks. He's just helping Douglas with a dislodged contact lenses.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Apparently its a non-event because Douglas kept his cool. Right Kane now you know, run out in the next game and punch the fat bastard and make it good. It is indefensible and anybody doing so condones it. There is no way it is accidental and after the facial incident he clearly grabs Douglas in a choke hold. Franks is a dirty piece of..(please what ever expletive you want).

Poite should be sacked permanently for this as he was right there and even commented on it and the so called independent commissioner can go as well for total incompetence.
I saw that and it's very noble of Kane. It probably hasn't hit home yet that he's only a bump in the back from being blinded in one eye.

Regardless of that it would be irresponsible of the ARU to let this one lie and I doubt that they will. Given all the other commentary from our side with regards to the refereeing I suspect they are going to make this about bringing World Rugby to account rather than trying to get Franks in his deserved place on the sidelines.

No doubt it will all fall on deaf ears though.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I saw that and it's very noble of Kane. It probably hasn't hit home yet that he's only a bump in the back from being blinded in one eye.

Regardless of that it would be irresponsible of the ARU to let this one lie and I doubt that they will. Given all the other commentary from our side with regards to the refereeing I suspect they are going to make this about bringing World Rugby to account rather than trying to get Franks in his deserved place on the sidelines.

No doubt it will all fall on deaf ears though.

But don't the ARU have the option to cite Franks? If so, why haven't they?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

They should, regardless of the fucking bullshit being served up by the Kiwi media.

Its Loe v Carozza all over again! Except Carozza is 2m tall and not a bloody back.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
The article I read said they were sure that World Rugby would cite him and when they didn't Kane Douglas didn't want to make an issue of it. I'm sure they will ask the question though.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Shit. That is a very incriminating photo.

But why the hell Douglas not want to take it further????

Doesn't want to be the whinging loser? or seen as soft? Look at the vision Shiggins posted on the previous page and you will see after this Franks takes a grip around Douglas' throat. Unless there has been some serious CGI there is no defence at all. And even worse for Poite and citing commissioner. The lack of reaction of Douglas' is irrelevant (and should be applauded) but World Rugby should have taken a leadership role here.

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
Apparently its a non-event because Douglas kept his cool. Right Kane now you know, run out in the next game and punch the fat bastard and make it good. It is indefensible and anybody doing so condones it. There is no way it is accidental and after the facial incident he clearly grabs Douglas in a choke hold. Franks is a dirty piece of..(please what ever expletive you want).

Poite should be sacked permanently for this as he was right there and even commented on it and the so called independent commissioner can go as well for total incompetence.
This isn't the first time he has screwed up big time. SA vs NZ at Eden Park in 2013 he gave Bismarck Du Plessis two debatable yellow cards- leading to a red which cost the Boks the game. You know the ref has made a shitty decision when the NZ commentators are calling it rubbish:

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Shit. That is a very incriminating photo.
But why the hell Douglas not want to take it further????
Maybe Douglas is worried he will be cited for attacking franks fingers with his eyelids.

Being serious, I think this is worth an explanation from Sanzar. Is the ruling that there was some eye work but it wasn't a red card offence? Or they just don't think that franks fingers were near the eyes? Or other?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Maybe Douglas is worried he will be cited for attacking franks fingers with his eyelids.

Being serious, I think this is worth an explanation from Sanzar. Is the ruling that there was some eye work but it wasn't a red card offence? Or they just don't think that franks fingers were near the eyes? Or other?

Or that the head and neck area is no longer sacrosanct?

Or maybe FUCK the Laws if you're wearing a Black Jersey?!!

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
This isn't the first time he has screwed up big time. SA vs NZ at Eden Park in 2013 he gave Bismarck Du Plessis two debatable yellow cards- leading to a red which cost the Boks the game. You know the ref has made a shitty decision when the NZ commentators are calling it rubbish:
Wow that's weird, I went from being all outraged at that decision,to massive feelings of schadenfreude,after thinking about a few games Bismarck played against us.
Karma is a wonderful thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.