• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Bledisloe 2 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, Wellington, 27 August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk
How is this an intentional knock down. it didn't even look like he touched it. Clearly palm was up and slapping the ball backwards.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Remember the scrum analysis in the RWC that made headlines all over the world?

Yeah, I'm tempted to do a similar analysis on refereeing mistakes in All Blacks / Wallabies games for the last 6-12 months or so.

Theres enough footage to put together a 10 part documentary series of 10 minute long videos each.

Its an absolute fucking travesty. Shiggins keep these videos coming.

Edit: That Franks verdict pisses me off to infinity. I saw on Reddit videos of similar offenses from the NH where players received minimum 6 weeks.

Benn Robinson copped an accidental poke in the eye this season from Arnold and was left with a cataract in his eye thats causing such problems that he'll never be able to see properly from that eye, or play rugby, ever again. He had to fucking retire!

Maybe Franks didn't attempt an eye gouge, but you can't be raking a players face like that at all in a contact sport, especially in the frantic atmosphere of a maul where you have little control over your own bodily movements.

It takes one bad moment and Douglas is looking at severe injury. Keep your hands off players faces, punish severely those that don't.

Get fucked Poite.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)

Artie savea running 2m in front of that player with the ball stopping mumm from coming in to make te tackle. No worries

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Remember the scrum analysis in the RWC that made headlines all over the world?

Yeah, I'm tempted to do a similar analysis on refereeing mistakes in All Blacks / Wallabies games for the last 6-12 months or so.

Theres enough footage to put together a 10 part documentary series of 10 minute long videos each.

Its an absolute fucking travesty. Shiggins keep these videos coming.

Problem is the ABs could do exactly the same thing.
There's always things that get missed in a fast paced game with complex rules.
Both results have been a fair reflection of the way each team played.
Don't waste your time.
It would be better spent analysing why we suddenly suck in defence and can't buy a try.

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
That's he beauty of the criticism.
We are so bad that no ref would make any difference. That doesn't man we should settle for less than mediocrity - that's how we got to here.

Any critique of the decision maker, especially between these two rivals, is a given, though subjective.

All rugby games should be given only the best performing refs especially here in the SH. Understanding that refs too fluctuate in form.

Its a fair quip to suggest that Poite's indifference to the infringments by the darkness, assuaged by numerous factors including dominance in rucks, collisions and their attack, so as to hold a cynical view of the slightest of wobs infringements.

I would think all 50/50 calls should be given to the team whose on the ascendancy at the time, moment or whatever.

But suggesting that Poite's indifference to player welfare because of the opposition's dominance, or some other moot point seems off the mark, and in some sense apportioning blame to another woeful wobs display.

If so, how much credit should refs get if teams win, the world cup say, if this line of reasoning is somewhat credible?

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
Um yes I do, I will ask who has said there was an eye gouge??
Got me stumped, has Kane Douglas? I know it an Aussie rugby site, and so we expect a majority to be one eyed Wallaby supporters and I am pleased to see that, but to say there has been an eye gouge, when none of us has seen one and noone has said there is one just makes you either a liar, or have a very good imagination. In saying that like I said earlier if we see there was one I would be quite happy to see Franks gone for 6 months. And who said he met with the ref? Cheika? If so either Cheika or Hansen is lying, and if it turns out to be Cheika, following your reasoning, do we assume he lies about other things too?

'Eye gauging incident'-I never meant that statement to be an accusation of eye gauging, but rather a collective term for the incident. Apologies for my ambiguity

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Who exactly made the accusation that Hansen secretly met and discussed various issues with Poite before the game (without Cheika)?

That's a cheap shot because it appears to be complete BS. (unless Poite and Hansen are conspiring??? - Shiggins??)

Apparently the meeting was so clandestine, that even the two people alleged to have met didn't know about it.;)

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)

Just to top it off. Savea runs through the side of the ruck from an offside position as well. Poite doesn't care. It's all good. Gane over

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
When we had the possession we got penalised for the exact same thing. Harsh considering we had the ball but fair. All blacks don't even have possession and do it and it's all good.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Any critique of the decision maker, especially between these two rivals, is a given, though subjective.

All rugby games should be given only the best performing refs especially here in the SH. Understanding that refs too fluctuate in form.

Its a fair quip to suggest that Poite's indifference to the infringments by the darkness, assuaged by numerous factors including dominance in rucks, collisions and their attack, so as to hold a cynical view of the slightest of wobs infringements.

I would think all 50/50 calls should be given to the team whose on the ascendancy at the time, moment or whatever.

But suggesting that Poite's indifference to player welfare because of the opposition's dominance, or some other moot point seems off the mark, and in some sense apportioning blame to another woeful wobs display.

If so, how much credit should refs get if teams win, the world cup say, if this line of reasoning is somewhat credible?
Problem with that analysis is that Pocock's head injury was not a 50/50 call and his ruling was, to say the least, idiosyncratic. Put a few rulings (including the very last of the match) which are idiosyncratic together and you have a fair case for both bias and incompetence.
None of which had any effect on the game.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Pocock minding his own business making his was to a ruck. Cain just pushed him over and into a ruck causing him to nearly get killed! But seriously. What a dick.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
NZ posters can't be bothered posting these.

Is it because Aussie didn't bend the rules and get away with it or we won and don't care?????

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I even posted one asking if mumm was ok to play a player without the ball. I could of posted many more. Pocock being held at the breakdown a heap. Post a comparison of the wallabies at rucks and how they rarely fall onto the nz side compared with nz almost allways falling on the wallabies side

I've only posted the worst calls. I can't be bothered posting then all. I only have 600gig data. I would run out.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
NZ posters can't be bothered posting these.

Is it because Aussie didn't bend the rules and get away with it or we won and don't care?????
Mate you know the answer to that question
Winners are grinners. Nothing else matters then.
The 50/50 ruck calls are just just whinging but the cynical shit like the push on pocock above and the Douglas facial is why it's hard for some to be gracious in defeat.
That stuff is just unnecessary.
And you blokes would be up in arms, baying for blood,booing and have gifs all over the Internet if that had happened to Sir Ritchie.
Oh wait....

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)

How he has got away with this I don't know. Even after poite told him not to he goes back and starts choking dougles with his thumb and index finger

Thanks you Shiggins, That is what I thought I saw last night. Those were deliberate actions and should have been punished. Whether or not he actually attacked the eyes is irrelevant, he actively and intentionally made contact with the head and face. At the very least it gets the same sanction as the head high tackle. Then we have the intentional choke hold.

Any denial that Franks engaged in deliberate foul play simply goes to the integrity of those defending it. Franks is my mind now fills exactly the same place as other cheap shot merchants like Loe.

Finally if Franks is not cited it is an absolute joke and any such play in coming tests must be dealt with on field by the Wallabies and if such a reaction brings sanction so be it, make it worth it and wipe the floor with the F&^%$%ers before you get sent off.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Thanks you Shiggins, That is what I thought I saw last night. Those were deliberate actions and should have been punished. Whether or not he actually attacked the eyes is irrelevant, he actively and intentionally made contact with the head and face. At the very least it gets the same sanction as the head high tackle. Then we have the intentional choke hold.

Any denial that Franks engaged in deliberate foul play simply goes to the integrity of those defending it. Franks is my mind now fills exactly the same place as other cheap shot merchants like Loe.

Finally if Franks is not cited it is an absolute joke and any such play in coming tests must be dealt with on field by the Wallabies and if such a reaction brings sanction so be it, make it worth it and wipe the floor with the F&^%$%ers before you get sent off.
He won't be cited. It's been confirmed

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Out of interest, who was the guy running the water last night? He had a beanie on and held up the kicking tea before hodge kicked the long range shot (I assume this is a message from the box to take the points. If so, I wasn't aware we were doing that but it isn't a bad idea given how clueless the skipper is). I don't think it was grey...

Edit: photo attached

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 209
G

galumay

I thought it was the best lock performance in a long time from an aussie

What because he only did one really mindless, stupid thing? Or because the other lock performances are so abysmal?

I spose with his YC he fits right in with the pack!

Status
Not open for further replies.