• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Bledisloe 2 - Saturday 25th August 2018 - Eden Park, Auckland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I reckon we could win this game...must have had a few too many optimism drinks..

You're always a chance in a two horse race. To win against the ABs, we need everyone to play at their best and also have the bounce of the ball and most of the 50/50 calls to go our way.

Let's hope Barnes brings his 2007 whistle.;)

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^^ be careful what you wish for: what if, God forbid, he misses a blatant AB forward pass or an "OMG if the ref saw that I'm in the bin" hands in the ruck on the goal line. Oh, that's right, happens every week, dunnit :).

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
^^^^^^^^^ be careful what you wish for: what if, God forbid, he misses a blatant AB forward pass or an "OMG if the ref saw that I'm in the bin" hands in the ruck on the goal line. Oh, that's right, happens every week, dunnit :).

If he misses things, he misses things. That's life and it's how rugby has been for most of the last 150 years.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I think those are solid changes from Cheika.

Sio returning is good and Ala'alatoa deserves a crack after both Robertson and Kepu struggled a fair bit last week. Fainga'a deserves his chance off the bench.

The backs are as expected and it is good to see Banks getting a crack off the bench.
I would have been tempted to start the Brumbies front row for synergy. But having Kepu proping with the new hookers probably a good call.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
As long as we don't have:

2gepvy.jpg

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
We have a good number of decent hookers at the moment. No need for Chibba who was not outstanding as a test rake. One of these young blokes needs to stand up and challenge for the starting spot. FF (Folau Fainga'a) might be the guy.
Same with the props. Its pretty tough on Kepu to ask him to measure up enthusiasm wise to a young bloke trying to bust into the test side. Especially so after being ridden so hard at the Tahs the last few years. He has had a stellar career and has been the cornerstone of our scrum. His time and health need to be managed so that he comes into the RWC in the best possible space. AAA will give us a bit more around the pitch.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
It's a topic for another thread, but I agree about Kepu. He should be rested for the spring tour, take Alan, Thor and an up and comer. He's not past it, he just needs his workload managed.

Wallabies by 4 Saturday to break the hoodoo.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
We have a good number of decent hookers at the moment. No need for Chibba who was not outstanding as a test rake. One of these young blokes needs to stand up and challenge for the starting spot. FF (Folau Fainga'a) might be the guy.

Aside from all of that, people were bemoaning TPN even coming back & he had a great year. Imagine the uproar over Chibba.
At least the new kids are getting time with T and hopefully absorbing some of his wealth of knowledge but not his jokes, they're terrible.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Amazing really. Guess the lineout caller sometimes needs to adjust the call on the fly. Which I guess is why lineout callers are still needed..call it pocahontus a b or c

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It appears they didn't adapt, one of the great things about rugby is the counters available, we had a system that had been quite functional, the ABs worked on a decent process to counter that

The fun next step is what we do and what the ABs do to counter it

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
ABs by a thowwwwwwwwwwwwsand

Dunno, we have a "proper" 15 with a kicking game so most of the backline issues have essentially been solved. All we to do is get rid of Foley (for a 10 with a better kicking game) and we will be at 100% cured

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
It's a topic for another thread, but I agree about Kepu. He should be rested for the spring tour, take Alan, Thor and an up and comer. He's not past it, he just needs his workload managed.

Wallabies by 4 Saturday to break the hoodoo.

This idea I like. Maybe Vui as the up and comer? Another in contention would have to be Harry Johnson-Holmes but I think he plays LH side?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) played THP in the under 20s (him and Vui shared time there). He has moved to the LHP side because that is what the Tahs needed.

Presumably that will continue next year with HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) the reserve LHP and Vui the reserve THP.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Dunno, we have a "proper" 15 with a kicking game so most of the backline issues have essentially been solved. All we to do is get rid of Foley (for a 10 with a better kicking game) and we will be at 100% cured

A better kicking game than Foley? That narrows it down to about a dozen contenders.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Well the backline will be 100% cured. You’ve forgotten about dropping Hooper back to Club Rugby to fix up the pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.