• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Battle of the form teams: Reds vs Stormers Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Salad Fingers

not long now. I hope the live stream holds up and does not get reported. as a poor student i don't have foxsports. I'll cry if we win though!

S

Spook

Reds forwards getting mashed - not making any yards. What a kick by cooper for that try. Chambers made the break to give them the field position.

S

Spook

That was a try! Stormers shouldn't have got bonus point. Genia, 4 matching winning plays in 5 minutes. Super stuff.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Well Boet the scoreboard tells you it aint a try like the 13 took out Habana with no arms and could have been a penalty try, but nevermind, means we will stay in 3rd position after this round.

Well played Reds, good win.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:
Well Boet the scoreboard tells you it aint a try like the 13 took out Habana with no arms and could have been a penalty try, but nevermind, means we will stay in 3rd position after this round.

not using his arms didn't prevent the tackle. The ball was covered easily. Don't go losing and blaming the ref now.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Noddy said:
PaarlBok said:

not using his arms didn't prevent the tackle. The ball was covered easily. Don't go losing and blaming the ref now

This hurts ... well, a little ... but ... Justice PB. He didn't blame the referee.

Excellent win for the Reds. Smart game plan.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Noddy said:
PaarlBok said:

not using his arms didn't prevent the tackle. The ball was covered easily. Don't go losing and blaming the ref now.
Not blaming the ref, just answer on Spokies stupid post, the TMO had a look from all angles and he made the right desicion in the end and could not find the grounding of the ball. That no arm tackle wasnt just with no arms , it was late aswell and Habana would have scored from that position.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Well done Reds.

Habana incident had no direct bearing on the game.

Some refs would have carded the choulder charge I would think.

Like the Bulls, the Stormers did not have the composure with all that ball at the end, and the Reds defense won it.

Very disappointing that the two top SA teams were unable to be clinical when it mattered.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
PaarlBok said:
Noddy said:
PaarlBok said:

Not blaming the ref, just answer on Spokies stupid post, the TMO had a look from all angles and he made the right desicion in the end and could not find the grounding of the ball. That no arm tackle wasnt just with no arms , it was late aswell and Habana would have scored from that position.

No penalty try by Chambers was lucky not to go to the bin.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Ruggo said:
about 30 and a half thousand.
The qouted 30,250 on the TV. ;)

Ja Blou a bit disappointed, lets blame the draw , both teams have the one foot on the plane, so the Reds had a advantage draw. :lmao:

Anyway thought the Stormers did not play that bad and will come back to Newlands and just have to beat the Crusaders. At least they'll have 42,000 faithfulls behind them this time.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
any theory on why Link doesn't use the bench? Not happy with depth? Trying to keep the momentum? Rewarding the onfield performance?

Only two replacements, both props, and both injured (I think)? Makes his bench selection seem brilliant.

I thought Schatz may have replaced Houston at one stage.

A few looked very very tired.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
by the way mods, some doos posted a lot of kak here on the forum during the match, hope you clean up all the Aids virusses from your network. Nearly phoned Doc. :nta:

T

TOCC

jeez, south african fans should just learn to suck it up and accept when they lost to the better team..

Reds tactically outplayed the Stormers

Cyril Towers (30)
Noddy said:
any theory on why Link doesn't use the bench? Not happy with depth? Trying to keep the momentum? Rewarding the onfield performance?

Only two replacements, both props, and both injured (I think)? Makes his bench selection seem brilliant.

I thought Schatz may have replaced Houston at one stage.

A few looked very very tired.

I think you're spot on Noddy. Worried about the depth. But I would have got Leroy off after 60, he was out on his feet. While Link clearly knows what he is doing with THPs I thought he was brave sending Kennedy on for Weeks instead of Holmes even if he does prefer the loose head side. He was lucky to get away with a penalty when he was smashed in a scrum on his own line. The correct decision could have changed the game. In the end though it was a sensational game and it is just so good to watch the reds playing for each other. I thought Daley, S Finger and Genia were fantastic tonight. And I bleed blue.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I think Link is really making the Reds jersey very valuable by doing this. There is alot of competition for spots at the moment. While there is obvious starting players, all the guys waiting in the wings will be training very hard to impress the coach and make a side that is playing some special rugby.

I think all your suggestions are valid Noddy.

S

Spook

PaarlBok said:
Noddy said:
PaarlBok said:

Ok so the TMO is infallible and the touch judge and ref are not :lmao: You are now criticising the refs. Looked like a try for mine (Genia confirmed that he got it down - are you calling him a liar?) and Habana wouldn't have made it.

gone

Ted Fahey (11)
Great Game.

For the stormers - Bekker and Burger were huge. Their fullback though had a complete shocker and I thought was a big factor in them losing.

Reds:
- Ben Daley would be in my wallabies squad now (backup to Ben Robinson with Alexander and Maafu the tightheads)
- Laurie Weeks has been playing well this year but was given a touch up at scrum time tonight
- I have been a huge fan of Van Humphries this year but they hardly missed him tonight with how well Adam Byrnes played
- Good games from all of the loosies
- the backline: definites for the wallabies are: Cooper, Ioane, Hynes and Genia but you can put forward an argument for A Fainga'a (massive in defense tonight), Chambers (looks better with every games) and Davies. Deans has a bloody hard job ahead of him.

Don't want to jinx them but the Reds could win this thing. Have now beaten the Stormers, Bulls and Crusaders...

Status
Not open for further replies.