• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Battle of the form teams: Reds vs Stormers Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I think Morahan at base level is a bit better than Davies, if he can play out of his skin to the extent Davies has been I'd prefer him in the team anyway.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yeah, only if he's playing to potential. Haven't been overly impressed with him yet though.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
According to Wazza2k, Davies omission means the Reds are going to win by 1000 points? Or was that exclusive to Digby haha

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I would have thought Morahan straight in for Davies with Va'aulu on the bench would have kept a better balance to the team. I guess they see Brando as a better defensive player.

I'm off to the game tonight and am hoping to be part of a big 30K+ crowd. Really looking forward to it.

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
Looking forward to this game. I wish I was in Bris for it, the crowd will be the biggest for some time. I've tipped the reds, but it's not going to be an easy game for them.

I like Va'aulu, he's an good defender who puts in big hits. Just have to keep them below the shoulders, as he's partial to a head high tackle. He'd be out to prove himself and try to seal a starting spot for himself.

C'mon reds

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Good to see Flekkie qouting about the good vibe going in Brisbane, we,r in for a cracker game, cant wait.!

D

David

There is some interesting Super 14 stats in the Courier Mail today, very promising stuff for the Reds:
Top Metre-Gainers
2. Quade Cooper 770m
3. Adam Ashley-Cooper 745m
4. Peter Hynes 743m
5. Drew Mitchell 737m
6. Digby Ioane 693m
9. Will Genia 660m

Top Tackle Busts
2. Digby Ioane 47
5. Quade Cooper 34
6. Peter Hynes 33
11. Will Genia 29

Top Line-Breaks
1. Will genia 12

Top Try Creates
1. Quade Cooper 10

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I knew deep down that the Reds would beat the Bulls last week, but I think I know deep down they won't beat the Stormers. I really hope I'm wrong.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Yeah I think it is going to be the hardest game of the year. I hope that it is a cracker of a game. I must say that I was a bit like Noddy (read blog article) and wasn't fully convinced until last week. I really think that the Reds are a chance of making the finals and from then on they are a really good chance. They have a fantastic coach and such a huge belief in themselves that I think they could beat anyone on their day. In saying that the Stormers will be up for this game. It is the start of their hard run to the finals where they play the other 3 teams in the top 4. Whoever wins will it will give us an idea of how teams will go in the finals, if they make it.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Both teams play probably more or less the same kind of game, have a lot of exciting youngsters coming through and havent been in the playoffs for some time.

Meaning they are both hunger to win this match. The Reds probably a bit more because its a home game cancelled out with a bit more experience in the Stormers ranks with Schalkie, Habana and Mossie.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
PaarlBok said:
Both teams play probably more or less the same kind of game, have a lot of exciting youngsters coming through and havent been in the playoffs for some time.

Meaning they are both hunger to win this match. The Reds probably a bit more because its a home game cancelled out with a bit more experience in the Stormers ranks with Schalkie, Habana and Mossie.

Both teams have also done a great job at sticking it up their critics. :thumb :thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.