• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championship 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NorthernSon

THE NSW SCHOOLS 16's IS ALWAYS THE REFERENCE POINT FOR OPEN NSW & AUS SCHOOLS.
SEE THE 2009 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS BELOW.
SOME BOYS HAVE MADE THE JOURNEY, SOME SUCUMMED TO INJURY AND SOME RIPPED OFF WITH THE PAPPA EXPERIMENT

1 L / H Prop BEN LAWLEY KNOX COLLEGE
2 Hooker CLARRIE MOORE THE SCOTS COLLEGE
3 T / H Prop JONATHON MASIASOMUA PRAIRIEWOOD HS
4 L / Lock BRETT JOHNSON KNOX COLLEGE
5 R / Lock NATHANIEL DEANS ST JOSEPH’S COLLEGE
6 B / Flank RHYS DOMBKINS HUNTER SPORTS HS
7 O / Flank CAMERON BOND (C) ST JOSEPH’S COLLEGE
8 Number 8 ADAM VILIMAA THE KINGS SCHOOL
9 Scrumhalf JOCK MERRIMAN (VC) SYDNEY CHURCH OF ENGLAND
10 Flyhalf FINLAY MCDONALD NEWINGTON COLLEGE
11 L / Wing SAIA TANGINOA PRAIRIEWOOD HS
12 L / Centre JJ PURCELL ST AUGUSTINE’S COLLEGE
13 R / Centre SAMISONI LANGI TRINITY COLLEGE
14 R / Wing NATHAN ROYE NEWINGTON COLLEGE
15 Fullback MATT HULME ST JOSEPH’S COLLEGE
16 Hooker PETER BARRATT SYDNEY GRAMMAR SCHOOL
17 L / H Prop SAM BARAKET THE SCOTS COLLEGE
18 T / H Prop MATAGI SA’U ENDEAVOUR SPORTS HS
19 Lock HARRISON ORR TRINITY COLLEGE
20 Utility Fwd/Back PATRICK KENNEDY ST ALOYSIUS COLLEGE
21 Utility Fwd/Back ANTHONY JONES TRINITY COLLEGE
22 Utility Back JASON DATE KINROSS WOLAROI
23 Utility Back ZAC ATTALAH THE KINGS SCHOOL

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Whats your point?
Anyone who gained selection in the 16's should make EVERY schoolboy team till they finish?
You are not mentioning that there were 2 sides selected last year (Sydney & NSW) So none of the kids who played for Sydney have any right to be selected?
What about the other 16 yo's that missed out? NONE of them were unlucky last year? None of them have improved?
There is an age group above this crop,NONE of the 18 year olds deserved selection?

N

no_name12

If they keep the same team as they did in the u/16's 2009 i wouldn't dis agree but there are a few players to swap around. I believe from yr 11 returning next year are
Utility Back JASON DATE KINROSS WOLAROI
Utility Back ZAC ATTALAH THE KINGS SCHOOL
utility Fwd/Back PATRICK KENNEDY ST ALOYSIUS COLLEGE
Centre JJ PURCELL ST AUGUSTINE’S COLLEGE
B / Flank RHYS DOMBKINS HUNTER SPORTS HS

The ones i have put in are the ones who in my opinion will go very close if not get to the aus schoolboy level. Dombkins made Aus a this year so he is one step closer JJ purcell missed out but definetly a very good player. Zac attalah playing 2nd xv for kings but apparently all the kings boys want him in 1st instead of that bean smith guy. Who from QLD is returning next year?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
NorthernSon - no more posts about Papa or players getting dudded. It's getting boring; so lets all move on.

This is the same kind of thing that occurred on Sportal; though with some differences: NS and some others are much more subtle, are not abusive, know how to spell, know how to use both upper and lower case and even paragraphs. So why don't we want any more comments on the matter? Dislike of being bored.

no name

So Purcell has another year at school? Good player; rate him as a 12 of the Kiwi 2nd 5/8 style.

Informer

Ward Prentice (10)
Upcoming matches for Australian schools

SAT 4 SEP 2.00 PM
FIJI V AUSTRALIA ‘A’
Knox Grammar School Wahroonga

WED 8 SEP 7.00 PM
SAMOA V AUSTRALIA
St Marys StadiumSt Marys

SAT 11 SEP 5.30pm
FIJI V AUSTRALIA
ANZ Stadium Sydney Olympic Park

Should be an interesting lead up to the tour to NZ

N

no_name12

should Both aus teams win comforatably or struggle with the big packs of Fiji and Samoa?

T

The Blindside

Surely there must be room in the 2011 team for Brogan Roods and Ezra Amituani from Newington !!

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
Surely there must be room in the 2011 team for Brogan Roods and Ezra Amituani from Newington !!

They might get a shot at the Presidents XV. They will play in a double header at Knox on 4 September. Here are the details;

DOUBLE HEADER: FIJI v AUSTRALIA 'A' and SAMOA v PRESIDENTS XV

4/9/2010 - KNOX GRAMMAR SCHOOL - WAHROONGA

NOON - SAMOAN SCHOOLS v PRESIDENTS XV

2.00 PM - FIJIAN SCHOOLS v AUSTRALIA 'A' SCHOOLS

ADMISSION FREE -

supporter

Sydney Middleton (9)
However, as someone influential in the elite side of rugby said to me this week; it doesn't matter where they are in Aus schools, what matters is their potential to play at the top level. Their time will come.
---

100% agree. I had a chat with one of the coach also he is a former Wallaby. They are looking for players in junior level who have potential to play at the top level.

supporter

Sydney Middleton (9)
From all reports, Knox (CAS) and Auggies (ISA) were very ordinary at the weekend. Oakhill (at home) play Auggies next saturday which will double as a Waratah Shield fixture. Oakhill by 10.
----

Why St. Edmunds College from Canberra no longer in the Waratah Shield Fixture?

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
They closed the competition to schools outside of NSW, probably sick of Eddies winning it.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Yeah - they excluded Eddies about 5 years ago. I don't know who the folks are who administer the Waratahs Shield but I daresay they are connected with the NSW Schools RU. As such they probably don't want to give ACT schools a leg up.

Any further discussion on this should go to the Waratahs Shield thread.

Incidentally, there is a double header at St. Mary's also and there are other games for visiting sides. To put all the matches for visitors and Oz Schools in one post they are:

Hunter Valley Grammar School - Sat. 28th August 2010
- 2 pm - NSW Country Schools v Samoa Schools

T.G. Milner Field [Vimeria Rd, Eastwood] - Wed. 1st Sep. 2010
- 11 am - NSW Girls v ACT Girls
- 12.15 pm - NSW Combined Catholic Colleges v Samoa Schools
- 1.45 pm - NSW CHS v Fiji Schools

Knox Grammar School - Sat. 4th Sep. 2010
- 12 noon - Samoa Schools v Presidents XV
- 2 pm - Oz A Schools v Fiji Schools

St.Marys Rugby League Stadium - Wed. 8th Sep. 2010
- 5.30 pm - Combined Catholic Colleges v Fiji Schools
- 7 pm - Oz Schools v Samoa Schools

ANZ Stadium - Sat. 11th Sep. 2010
- 5.30 pm - Oz Schools v Fiji Schools

The games at Knox are free, as usual. The league stadium at St. Marys is charging $5 for adults, which is fair enough to cover clean up and lighting.

I believe there is a charge to get into ANZ Stadium also, but don't quote me. :D

G

Goldenone

Does anybody know how injuries have effected the Oz Schools teams? I am pretty sure Luasai ( TSS winger ) will be out.He didn't play the last match.

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
http://www.rugby.com.au/news/aru_ge..._in_schoolboys_test,141377.html/section/21893

Australia to play Fiji in Schoolboys Test as curtain raiser to Bledisloe
August 12, 2010 - 1:00pm
Story by: ARU

The Australian Schoolboys will have the rare honour of sharing the international stage with the Qantas Wallabies at ANZ Stadium in Sydney next month.

Australian Rugby Union has confirmed the Australian Schoolboys will play a Test against Fiji Schools as the curtain raiser to the trans-Tasman blockbuster on Saturday, 11 September.

Only once before have the Australian Schoolboys team played at the same venue on the same night as the senior national team – back in 2008 when they also took on Fiji in the countdown to a Bledisloe Cup Test at Suncorp Stadium.

“As a promotion for Schoolboys Rugby, the event two years ago was a great success,” said ARU Managing Director and CEO John O’Neill.

“There was wonderful interaction between the Wallabies and the Australian Schoolboys on the day before the game.

“The Schoolboys came to watch the Wallabies jersey presentation, then became part of the presentation when the Wallabies handed the youngsters their jerseys.

“Both teams took away great memories of the experience.

“So we’re delighted to provide another opportunity for the Australian Schoolboys to play the curtain raiser to a major Wallabies Test.

“Our Schools system has long been an integral part of the Australian Rugby pathway, and we’re proud to be showcasing the talent we have emerging across the country.”

The Australian Schoolboys and Australia A Schools team have a program of three matches next month, highlighted by the Test at Homebush.

“I think it’s a fantastic opportunity for the guys to play at one of the best known sporting venues in the world, and on such a big ticket with the Bledisloe Cup as the main event,” said Australian Schoolboys coach Pat Langtry.

“For many of these players next month will be their first representation for Australian Schools and it promises to be a special occasion.

“They will treasure lifelong memories from this match at Homebush but we also need to focus on our preparation in the meantime, concentrate on what we want to achieve in the game, so we can enjoy it even more with a great result.”

Qantas Wallabies stars Benn Robinson and Dean Mumm are attending their former school The King’s School this afternoon and will speak to members of the First XV –five of whom have been named in the Australian Schoolboyssquadfor the Test against Fiji Schools on 11 September.

The Australian Schoolboys and Australia A Schools teams will play three matches in Sydney next month:

September 4 – Australia A Schools v Fiji Schools at Knox

September 8 – Australian Schoolboys v Samoa Schools at St Marys

September 11 – Australian Schoolboys v Fiji Schools at ANZ Stadium, Homebush

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
Does anybody know how injuries have effected the Oz Schools teams? I am pretty sure Luasai ( TSS winger ) will be out.He didn't play the last match.

Surely this is a good opportunity to bring in to one of the two teams new ARU sevens signing Jason Seage from Hills Sports. There may be some pressure applied now that he is under contract.

Forumites will recall that Seage and Cameron Clarke, Knox Grammar, were both cruelly injured in the first game for NSW2 at the nationals and did not play any further part in the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.