• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australian Rugby / RA

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Force will be fine. The Rebels on the otherhand.....

I guess it was more - if his investment goes into RA, can he still invest in the Force? I hope he can to be frank, just curious if there might be any restrictions around his investment.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I’m a brumbies fan and obviously find this offensive. But mostly because there is truth to it. Canberra is not a great base for sport despite the success of the Brumbies. (A new stadium would help tho).

Deep down I think the Brumbies know this, which is probably a major factor in being opposed to the centralised model, as it seems the model just increases the risk of them getting dropped.

yeah but your the absolute envy for everyone for professional development

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
Very little chat atm about injuries being sustained at training unlike last year when the players were dropping like flies. I wonder what has changed this year with training? Less contact?

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Envy is not a healthy emotion. Potentially leads to the 'tall poppy syndrome' where some would rather destroy the offending entity than respect them and try to copy what they do.

Glad that the envy such as it is, so far seems to be confined to the fans of other teams and not so much the organisations themselves.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Very little chat atm about injuries being sustained at training unlike last year when the players were dropping like flies. I wonder what has changed this year with training? Less contact?
No one wants to mention it in case we jinx it hey. But we have already lost Ala'alatoa for a season ending injury. Slips, Tupou and Pone are all under injury clouds. We're not quite out of the woods yet.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
He didn't get burnt the first time, did he? He offered cash as part of a bailout to save the Force but it came with strings attached which were deemed unacceptable by Rugby Australia at the time.

Ok first rule of being a sand groper: if you don't get exactly what you want from someone Over East, even if it causes you no harm whatsoever, they betrayed you and are never to be forgiven.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
He didn't get burnt the first time, did he? He offered cash as part of a bailout to save the Force but it came with strings attached which were deemed unacceptable by Rugby Australia at the time.

Not saying it was right or wrong, just saying I don't think Rugby Australia ever realistically considered his offer.

FWIW I think if we are going down the dubious path of PI then at least let it be someone with a vested interest in the sport outside the purely financial.
Agree. Burnt not the right word but shunned. I am happy that he pushed for what most fans have wanted for so long (centralised model over a federated one).

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

Not saying it was right or wrong, just saying I don't think Rugby Australia ever realistically considered his offer.

FWIW I think if we are going down the dubious path of PI then at least let it be someone with a vested interest in the sport outside the purely financial.

They defiantly did but it came down to seats on the board & at the time RA didnt want to seen as you can just buy yourself on to the board & he didnt want it to be just a sponsorship.

The Australian did a very good podcast about it.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
They defiantly did but it came down to seats on the board & at the time Rugby Australia didnt want to seen as you can just buy yourself on to the board & he didnt want it to be just a sponsorship.

The Australian did a very good podcast about it.

Never a truer word spoken.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
hahahaha my bad a quick post without proofreading lol.

1 thing I will say she was ‘defiant’ about was siding with Alan Joyce & fast forward look at both their reputations now. Raelene was always on a hiding to nothing but Joyce is just a scum bucket
Ive been waiting for someone else to say it, the low life leprechaun finally got was coming to him. Unfortunately QANTAS shareholders benefited $50m to him along the way. No further comment, not on here anyway.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I’m sure the nrl media, will accuse rugby of stealing another player .. in reality we are just getting another player back .
Oh for sure, the league media have claimed him from day 1 even going so far as to say he played juniors for the young league team but he was a young yabbie (the union club) through and through.

its a bit of a case of better late than never but if someone like Richie Arnold can debut for the Wallabies at 33, with his rugby background and determination I am sure it is front of mind and he will give it his all. It will be interesting to see if his best school mate jack maddocks honours his part of the pact and returns to Aus rugby as well.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Eddie might boot someone from the WC and fly him in to chat League
I actually wondered that myself, not that angle so much, but if the paperwork was being rushed through. He’d be of at least equal benefit as josh kemeny in the squad.

edit: the roosters just scraped through the sharks somehow so they can drag out that paperwork till after the Fiji game now

Last edited:

Goosestep

Bob Loudon (25)
Oh for sure, the league media have claimed him from day 1 even going so far as to say he played juniors for the young league team but he was a young yabbie (the union club) through and through.
Typical .. they’ll be checking what kindergarten he went to lol…

As sooooooon as he signs with Rugby, out will come the NRL damage control … he’ll automatically become “overrated” or “washed up”