• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australian Rugby / RA

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)

Tattarang, Twiggy's investment arm, enters final round negotiations with Rugby Australia.

Not really my area but I take it as a positive having a very Australian Public facing company being the investors over CVC. Surely a little more accountability and Twiggy's interest in rugby should mitigate a little their desire to turn a profit at any and all detriment to Rugby Australia.
If this happens it's sure to rock the boat and be good for Australian rugby (not just HQ/NSW)
A bit of accountability will do RAu no harm at all.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
If this happens it's sure to rock the boat and be good for Australian rugby (not just HQ/NSW)
A bit of accountability will do RAu no harm at all.

Whilst i'd rather its Tattarang rather than cvc or silverlake I have said it here before we should have looked at what the 6N did & done it as an expanded RC with womens & u/20's investment than all the unions foolishly going it alone

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
The Force will be fine. The Rebels on the otherhand.....

The rebels are a young and exciting team in the sports capital of Australia

If any team should be getting axed it should be the brumbies…. Canberra can’t even accomodate AFL, NBL and A-League…. Won’t be long before the brumbies and raiders are looking for a new stadium

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
This would be an astronomically stupid decision (on brand for Rugby Australia).

The Rebels are producing home grown talent which seems to be ramping up. Easily Australia’s 3rd strongest behind NSW/QLD.

What a gift to the Melbourne Storm it would be.

I think everyone is joking

My post about the brumbies folding was just a bit of “kicking the most successful team” while they are down

I’d rather expand the comp then shrink it

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)

If any team should be getting axed it should be the brumbies…. Canberra can’t even accomodate AFL, NBL and A-League…. Won’t be long before the brumbies and raiders are looking for a new stadium
This is an old song. I like GIO but I get the call for new facilities.

Personally I feel the stadium rush may have subsided for a while with how the public are faring economically. Good luck selling that render of the new ground with smiling animations walking around.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
So many don’t understand what would be purchased. It’s a share of profit, not the business. As we have seen with cvc there is very little to no say in how the game is run. It would still be the same board, the same principle agreements and the same faces running RA.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
So many don’t understand what would be purchased. It’s a share of profit, not the business. As we have seen with cvc there is very little to no say in how the game is run. It would still be the same board, the same principle agreements and the same faces running Rugby Australia.

It might be part of the negotiations though that he gets a seat on the board, he has asked for this before. Yet again may not

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

But if you axe the Brumbies, then you're only left with France to produce Australian talent...

Sorry, and Randwick... apparently.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
It might be part of the negotiations though that he gets a seat on the board, he has asked for this before. Yet again may not
Very difficult under a federated model to create new seats on the board outside the current structure. But yes there could be negotiating areas before the money is transferred and I suspect the current proposed restructuring of contracts etc. could be part of that

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
So many don’t understand what would be purchased. It’s a share of profit, not the business. As we have seen with cvc there is very little to no say in how the game is run. It would still be the same board, the same principle agreements and the same faces running Rugby Australia.
Probably a double pass to the Lions tour with how much they cost.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Twiggy has said from the beginning he would put some cash in. The issue was how he got burnt the first time and he wanted to see reform away from the federated model we currently run. RA are taking those steps. COVID happening, Hammer coming in, States feeling some pain has pushed us forward faster than we would have.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

I’m a brumbies fan and obviously find this offensive. But mostly because there is truth to it. Canberra is not a great base for sport despite the success of the Brumbies. (A new stadium would help tho).

Deep down I think the Brumbies know this, which is probably a major factor in being opposed to the centralised model, as it seems the model just increases the risk of them getting dropped.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Twiggy has said from the beginning he would put some cash in. The issue was how he got burnt the first time and he wanted to see reform away from the federated model we currently run. Rugby Australia are taking those steps. COVID happening, Hammer coming in, States feeling some pain has pushed us forward faster than we would have.
He didn't get burnt the first time, did he? He offered cash as part of a bailout to save the Force but it came with strings attached which were deemed unacceptable by RA at the time.

Not saying it was right or wrong, just saying I don't think RA ever realistically considered his offer.

FWIW I think if we are going down the dubious path of PI then at least let it be someone with a vested interest in the sport outside the purely financial.