• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australian Rugby / RA

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeah, it's a running joke they don't have fans but they got 20,000 to a Thursday night game. Only beaten by the Broncos.

Anyways... Glad to see almost everyone even on the RL side has not sided with Gould & Kent on the whole situation.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wa...on-t-close-door-on-rugby-20230403-p5cxr6.html

“Who knows, maybe down the line ... but it would definitely be with New Zealand. I was born in New Zealand and spent my first nine or 10 years in New Zealand. All I wanted to be was an All Black. I’d never close that door.”

Have fun with this one Dolphins. Sua'ali'i has shown the light and how to structure your contracts. Hopefully Gould is rubbing his ballsack eyes in disbelief

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
Sua'ali'i has shown the light and how to structure your contracts.
I think that is a key point.

Everyone down under better get used to the way these elite athletes operate overseas. Player comes first, short term deals, asking for early exits if their needs aren't met. Unfortunately it's just the way the modern game operates across a number of sports. Players are more in-tune about their worth and what the corporates are making off their brands.

Rob42

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
It's a measure of the size of the Sua'ali'i story that it's creating articles into a second week - I fully expected that this would disappear this week, replaced by the latest OUTRAGE in Rugba League. But they're still talking about it. I'm not sure this is a great story for Australian rugby tho!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's a measure of the size of the Sua'ali'i story that it's creating articles into a second week - I fully expected that this would disappear this week, replaced by the latest OUTRAGE in Rugba League. But they're still talking about it. I'm not sure this is a great story for Australian rugby tho!
It won't ever go away given he's a top player in the comp. It's always going to be referenced. :cool:

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
Looks like Sua'ali'i will be playing fullback for the Roosters for a couple of weeks whilst Tedesco comes back from a failed HIA exam. Could be a good insight into where he will be best suited in rugby.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
What are Australian Rugby doing to spread the game amongst the Islam community? The AFL are doing a lot.

Do we need a Muslim round in Super Rugby?
Does the AFL have a Hindu round? A Catholic/Anglican/Baptist (take your pick) round? No, and I don't think they should.