• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australian Rugby / RA

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
No doubt he has the potential to be great, but Wallabies’ fullback and wing depth is pretty solid right now. From a ‘need’ perspective, I’m not sure it’s money well spent.

Tahs could definitely use him at FB though

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
No doubt he has the potential to be a great, but Wallabies’ fullback and wing depth is pretty solid right now. From a ‘need’ perspective, I’m not sure it’s money well spent.

Fullback? Really?

We have a couple make shift stand ins, we have a couple "has potential". Where's our Keenan, Barrett, Ramos/Jaminet, Hogg? We have fullback quality that is exactly befitting of a team 7th in the world.

edit: Kellaway & Wright are slowly transitioning, both to mixed results. Hodge is Hodge. Petaia hasn't nailed down the position. Jorgensen has played 4 games of rugby. Banks was good but never fantastic and is OS.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
No doubt he has the potential to be great, but Wallabies’ fullback and wing depth is pretty solid right now. From a ‘need’ perspective, I’m not sure it’s money well spent.

This will be a fun topic because Jorgo is an out n out Fullback.

As a Tahs fan I gotta say I only trust the Brumbies not to fuck him up tbh

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
He’s coming in 2 years. He’ll have achieved far more than those 2 did by the time he’s 22.

People realise he’s only 19 still right ?

Your guessing he would have achieved far more, he wont be even playing at full back in that time, Jorgo wasn't that far behind him in school rugby so your saying we should give jorgo an extension at 1.4? is stupid money

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Its too much, there is no way on earth he is worth $1.6

It's somewhat funny money though because RA certainly won't be footing anywhere close to the whole bill.

I'd bet pretty much anything that someone who is really keen on Sua'ali'i playing rugby has fronted up a lot of money to make it happen.

I wonder if it is the Kings Old Boy referred to earlier in the thread?

footy1>31

Charlie Fox (21)
Your guessing he would have achieved far more, he wont be even playing at full back in that time, Jorgo wasn't that far behind him in school rugby so your saying we should give jorgo an extension at 1.4? is stupid money
Sua'ali'i is in a different stratosphere despite how exciting Max has been. He will genuinely be the best rugby player in the world in both codes. Whilst i still feel it could be a leverage play after Teddy's new deal to secure the Roosters FB jersey you can't really put a price on a Top 2 not 2 Wallaby starter in a position that hadnt been resolved since Izzy logged in to instagram.

Wallaby Man

Nev Cottrell (35)
He hasn't remotely proved himself at all, those other have. 1.6 is double what is a very good offer for him Rugby Australia
I’d be astonished to find out it’s 1.6m. Remember the last time this happened with speculation and RA came out and said the amounts talked about were ludicrous and not remotely close to the amount. But people still continued to believe the NRL focused journalists amounts.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s around $1m but will bet it’s not remotely close to 1.6

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I’d be astonished to find out it’s 1.6m. Remember the last time this happened with speculation and Rugby Australia came out and said the amounts talked about were ludicrous and not remotely close to the amount. But people still continued to believe the NRL focused journalists amounts.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s around $1m but will bet it’s not remotely close to 1.6

If its only 1m he'd stay at the roosters he'll get that there.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Sua'ali'i is in a different stratosphere despite how exciting Max has been. He will genuinely be the best rugby player in the world in both codes. Whilst i still feel it could be a leverage play after Teddy's new deal to secure the Roosters FB jersey you can't really put a price on a Top 2 not 2 Wallaby starter in a position that hadnt been resolved since Izzy logged in to instagram.

I cant see how a bloke who cant even get a fb jersey would become the best player in the world, he has proven he is a good player in the centres, interms of young players in that position Bradman Best had a better rookie season a few yrs back than Joseph did last yr. He went to the RLWC & certainly wasn't a stand out

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
I cant see how a bloke who cant even get a fb jersey would become the best player in the world, he has proven he is a good player in the centres, interms of young players in that position Bradman Best had a better rookie season a few yrs back than Joseph did last yr. He went to the RLWC & certainly wasn't a stand out

Might have something to do with the current FB being the club captain.