• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australian Rugby / RA

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
I’m sure the wallabies and kiwis can find a date for the 3rd Bledisloe match as well

3 matches does help our chances getting the cup back in the years where Australia host 2 matches or even the token neutral location
The Bledisloe isn't so important as used to be in the 90s and 2000s. This NZ-SA agreement is due to the lack of competitiveness of Bledisloe and Super Rugby. It's an answer due to the Kiwis think that Australia is not their main rival, not anymore

Tomthumb

Desmond Connor (43)
The Bledisloe isn't so important as used to be in the 90s and 2000s. This NZ-SA agreement is due to the lack of competitiveness of Bledisloe and Super Rugby. It's an answer due to the Kiwis think that Australia is not their main rival, not anymore
Ironic considering NZ chased South Africa out of Super Rugby

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Can a Wallaby-focussed Nucifora-style centralised, cohesion based model even coexist with a competitive, tribalistic domestic competition?

Probably not to the same extent due to the need for 8-10 teams, but it would also depend how much money is behind it and whether the Wallabies players and contenders are playing in it. If they are you can still have a fair bit of central control over players (like England and Japan).

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
You would need a centralised model to ensure competition anyway, no? Otherwise the spread of Wallabies would inevitably end up skewed to just a few teams. Though I note this is basically Leinster.

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)
Having less teams at the level below the Wallabies makes building cohesion (in terms of TWI) easier because it happens naturally. You don't need to be too intensional about it.

But it would still be possible for the Wallabies to have high cohesion levels if there were several more teams in the tier below them, it would just take an intensional effort and probably a bit of creativity. I don't think RA is very heavily invested in the concept, but if they were, they could still do it. France did.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Dick Tooth (41)
Im fine with TRC of one match against each. Six nations is great.
8 week tour is going to be cool once. That’s a ridiculous amount in my mind and 4 tests is also silly. How many drawn series will there be?
I think 3 tests with midweek matches is a great idea and maybe that’s 3-4 weeks

not sure what wallabies will do in these years. Assuming global calendar will have to move otherwise wallabies and pumas will be big losers overall.

Steve_Grey

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Im fine with TRC of one match against each. Six nations is great.
8 week tour is going to be cool once. That’s a ridiculous amount in my mind and 4 tests is also silly. How many drawn series will there be?
I think 3 tests with midweek matches is a great idea and maybe that’s 3-4 weeks

not sure what wallabies will do in these years. Assuming global calendar will have to move otherwise wallabies and pumas will be big losers overall.
Wallabies tour Argentina - simple ;-)

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Just a random hypothetical - let’s say that the 2025 Lions tour and hosting the 2027 World Cup provide a massive boost to Australian rugby, player numbers blossom and we return to #1 in the world. Which of NZ or SA bail out of this arrangement first?

Steve_Grey

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Just a random hypothetical - let’s say that the 2025 Lions tour and hosting the 2027 World Cup provide a massive boost to Australian rugby, player numbers blossom and we return to #1 in the world. Which of NZ or SA bail out of this arrangement first?
It will be a tie (but don't hold your hypothetical breath).

Adam84

Rod McCall (65)
NZ

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Just a random hypothetical - let’s say that the 2025 Lions tour and hosting the 2027 World Cup provide a massive boost to Australian rugby, player numbers blossom and we return to #1 in the world. Which of NZ or SA bail out of this arrangement first

You do realise it's only a 2 tour agreement set up, 2026 and 2030. Everyone know the landscape is changing to quick to say things will go on longer than 10 years.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
NZ pulling away? SA have already done so to a degree……after a good push.
It should start to get interesting now.

Adam84

Rod McCall (65)
Won’t be surprised to see South Africa push for 6 Nations inclusion long term, from a financial perspective it’s going to generate the most $$… and given TRC and SANZAAR ‘alliance’ has been trashed now with this decision, why wouldn’t they.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Jesus, the Kiwis. Like a rat up a drain pipe.
They push the Boks out of bed then try and jump back in, leaving us out in the cold. Its probably a good thing as it will set many other things in motion, not least of all us putting together our provincial plan post Super Rugby.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Won’t be surprised to see South Africa push for 6 Nations inclusion long term, from a financial perspective it’s going to generate the most $$… and given TRC and SANZAAR ‘alliance’ has been trashed now with this decision, why wouldn’t they.
I'd be surprised if the 6N teams want to add them. They'll bitch and moan about travelling to SA for games etc...
Not to mention reducing the chances of winning the thing.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I'd be surprised if the 6N teams want to add them. They'll bitch and moan about travelling to SA for games etc...
Not to mention reducing the chances of winning the thing.
They won't be keen to, until/unless the money looks too good to refuse, then they'll be falling over themselves to welcome them. The Welsh, Scottish and French are all in varying degrees of financial trouble and the English aren't exactly without issues either. If they see South Africa as a solution, they'll take it.

That said I don't think it particularly likely at the moment, but it's not that improbable either.