• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia vs South Africa - Brisbane 7th Sept 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Wow.....shocking performance tonight. #10 is the least of our worries. Genia needs to have a good hard look at himself.

Based on what I saw of the Argies earlier tonight I think we will get smashed next week too.

This is fast becoming a very, very dark chapter in Australian rugby.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
That was a shocking performance. We lost the collisions, we lost the scrums, we lost the breakdown.

We let balls bounce. We have men at the breakdown, and still give away turnovers. While those turnovers happen, forwards watch. It's just all, all a huge mess.

And it doesn't help that key players are just so out of form - Moore and Genia in particular. Players we were relying on, Hooper and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), have a bad game and it all goes to crap.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There's no irony there, if anything it's being hypocritical (and I will freely admit Cooper has been average, but if you think To'omua would have been any better behind that performance from our pack...).

And learn the definition of irony, and learn some balance. You were called out, move on.

Ah, so there are problems with our pack?

Gotcha............

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I definitely feel like our scrum would be stronger with Robinson at LHP and Slipper at THP. I think they're our best two props. At this point it's surely worth trying. The performance of the Pumas scrum this week is pretty worrying for next weekend.

Lots of players were poor tonight. Our forwards were completely outplayed and we allowed players to get isolated far too often. Fardy and Slipper put in pretty strong efforts and I thought Simmons did some pretty good things.

In the backs, Genia, Cooper and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) were all poor to average. Poor decisions on a regular basis by AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) stymied many of our most threatening backline moves. Cooper played too deep and telegraphed most of his moves too far away from the defence. Our backs only really looked threatening in broken play.

A clear game plan was hard to see.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Some real concerns setting in with the Wallabies now.

Wallabies not patient enough when they actually had the ball. Too much running the same lines in the backs. Also, too many times players were isolated.

Scrums still a mess and we seem to be the only ones complaining about the new laws.

3 games and only 3 tries scored despite Ewen's record with the Reds and the fact he got the nod because of his gameplans.

In those games only 57 points scored and 112 conceded.

After seeing Argentina play tonight, I'm not entirely convinced we'll beat them at home either.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
That was a shocking performance. We lost the collisions, we lost the scrums, we lost the breakdown.

We let balls bounce. We have men at the breakdown, and still give away turnovers. While those turnovers happen, forwards watch. It's just all, all a huge mess.

And it doesn't help that key players are just so out of form - Moore and Genia in particular. Players we were relying on, Hooper and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), have a bad game and it all goes to crap.
Moore put hi heart out there not having any good players around him don't help..so in the fri nt row who's your selection.. Count face

Status
Not open for further replies.