• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024. Sep 21, Sep 28

Australia vs NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024 Sep 21, Sep 28

• not watching this

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • call it off

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • cripple fight

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Soup Rugby shits and giggles 52-44 scenario

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • NZ 2-0

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • 1-1

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Aus 2-0

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Would somebody PLEASE hold me?

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Mummy! I said hold me!

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • "Mr Cyclo! Stop holding mummy! Mr Cyclo is the bad man, mummy!"

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)

Official Matchday Wallabies Team GIF

92e0a8d50e833193fda60224b6b09245.gif

Official Matchday All Blacks Team GIF

92e0a8d50e833193fda60224b6b09245.gif

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
forwards: went well enough so keep 'em the same except bench tenured Ardie Savea for Wallace to get a burl in his normal #8 position. Soup Rugby style run around so Paps can spell Cane = Finau/Paps/Sititi

backs: burn it with fire and start again ffs. Jettison BB & Flapanara into deep space 9

9 Ratima
10 Harry Plummer goddamnit, test match skillset
11 Rieko
12 Jordie I suppose ffs
13 Proctor damnit
14 Wee Willie Goldenballz
15 dMac. bit more time back here for the poor wee bugger. Would really love to see Ruben Love given a crack though

TL/DR:

97cca45d-f0f4-4492-935d-872990ee1956.gif

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Slipper needs a break but I'm not sure Kailea is quite ready at scrum time either, so probably bring in one of Hodgman or Robertson to see how they go. Schoupp if fit could also be an option, he was very strong in the scrum this year.

Whoever we go with at loosehead I might also look at splitting up Bell and Tupou - one to start, one to finish. They're two of our best right now but the drop off when they both leave the field is really hurting us. If they're only going to play around half a game each I think we're better off spreading the impact around.

McReight should be back for this one as far as I'm aware. I'd be starting him at 7 but look at keeping Tizzano around on the bench, at least ahead of Gleeson, who just doesn't look to have any impact at the moment. Might be time for a 6-2 bench as well to get a bit more out of the forwards, but outside of Tupou I'm not really sure the issue is fitness of our starters.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Wil LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) be back? Choice between him and Wilson to start with the other on the bench. I'd also like to see Hooper on the bench, and if 5/3 then to cover backrow with a bit of go-forward, but if 6/2 then to cover the second Lock position. Might be a bit soon to put Canham in there against the ABs, although I really think he fared well against the NZ Super sides. The NZ scrum just might not be at the Saffa and Puma level this year too.

I don't think we've yet got a solution to the 9/10 spots. I have a preference for Tate at 9 and just not Lynagh at 10/22. If Ikitau is injured as he appeared to be, then we also don't have the answers at 11, 12, 13 or 14. All of the incumbents and likely replacement for Len at 13 are struggling at this level and there don't appear to be worthy replacements with a bit of size to cover them. Koroibete is seriously out of form and has been for a couple of years. Stewart is a newbie and it speaks volumes that he has over 100 Super Rugby caps before being capped for the Wallabies. Flook looked to be too light and too small against the Pumas when he came on, and Kellaway just isn't performing. But where are the options? Are there any?

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I wonder if even the ex-pat Kiwis can muster enough fucks to trundle out for this shit.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
If size and a bit of pace is what we are looking for, then Ollie Sapsford might come under consideration. Listed at 191cm and 104kg. Some will argue that published stats are meaningless, but he is to the eye quite a bit bigger than the likes of our current backliners. And he plays anywhere from 12 to 14. Any other possible contenders?

EDIT : Bayley Kuenzle also has some size and pace about him, but is injured and not available for the remainder of the year I believe. Dave Feliuai is listed at 95kg, but I really don't know anything about him. But he is in the squad so must be a consideration I suppose.

scrans21

Ward Prentice (10)
This is gonna hurt so so so much, but I'll still let myself get hurt again. Fuck it:

1. Bell
2. Faesslar
3. Tupou
4. Frost
5. Salakai-Loto
6. L Wright (plz be fit)
7. McReight (see above)
8. Valetini
9. Gordon
10. Lolesio
11. ANYONE (but probably Pietsch or Toole)
12. Stewart
13. Ikitau
14. T Wright (hear me out, mans got more pace than Kellaway and Kellaway is safer at the back)
15. Kellaway (see above)

16. Paenga-Amosa
17. Kailea
18. Ala'alatoa
19. Williams
20. Wilson
21. McDermott
22. Donaldson
23. Jorgensen

No idea what's happened to Koroibete but the cliff he's fallen off in the last few weeks is dire. Give one of the young wingers a crack at 11. Re T Wright and Kellaway, I think Kellaway actually had a good game at 15 and is more of that Hugo Keenan type player than Wright. Wright can play as second fullback from 14 but his out and out pace is more suited there.

I still think and maintain that Liam Wright at 6, Fraser McReight at 7, Rob Valetini at 8 and Harry Wilson on the bench is our best backrow.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I'd have no issues with that forward pack so long as LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and Wright are ready to go. If not, I'd bring Williams in at lock for LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) with Canham or Hooper on the bench, or Hooper at 6 if Wright is out.

In the backline, I would like to see Donaldson get another go at 10 with Noah on the bench. I'm not sure that Stewart did enough in the last test although he does seem to fit ok with Ikitau in the centres. Might be worth seeing Feliuai on the bench. I would also prefer Jorgenson on the wing to replace Kellaway, keeping Wright at 15.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
Is there any update on Liam Wight and McReight?

I think both were hoping to be fit by now after their surgeries. Are they back training?

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
From the current squad, this is the team I'd like to see

1. deGroot
2. Taylor (Aumua has to begin starting soon - I just don't know when)
3. Lomax
4.Tuipulotu (if fit)
5. Barrett
6. Papali'i
7. Savea
8. Sititi
9. Ratima
10. McKenzie
11. Clarke
12. Barrett
13. Ioane
14. Tele'a
15. Jordan

16. Aumua
17. Williams
18. Newell
19. Vaa'i (if Tuipulotu plays)
20. Blackadder (Jacobson if Blackadder is not fit)
21. Hotham
22. Plummer
23. Barrett

Last edited:

zer0

John Thornett (49)
From the current squad, this is the team I'd like to see

1. Williams
2. Taylor (Aumua has to begin starting soon - I just don't know when)
3. Lomax
4.Tuipulotu (if fit)
5. Barrett
6. Papali'i
7. Savea
8. Sititi
9. Ratima
11. Clarke
12. Barrett
13. Ioane
14. Tele'a
15. Jordan

16. Aumua
17. Tu’ungafasi
18. Newell
19. Vaa'i (if Tuipulotu plays)
20. Blackadder (Jacobson if Blackadder is not fit)
21. Hotham
22. Plummer
23. Barrett

Assume you have McKenzie at 10.

I'd prefer Proctor at centre and look at Ioane at RW; neither Telea nor Reece have impressed so far. If de Groot is available then start him and shift Williams to the bench for impact. Personally wouldn't want to have both starting locks coming back from injury so would retain Vaa'i as the starter with Tuipulotu or Darry on the bench. And see if there's a way to get Lakai into the squad and put him on the bench while telling Sititi to go full throttle for the first half.

EDIT: And start Aumua with Taylor on the bench. That would give a bench of:

16. Taylor
17. Williams
18. Newell
19. Tuipulotu
20. Lakai
21. Hotham
22. Plummer
23. Barrett

I'd be tempted to start Plummer as well, but rookies at 10 + 13 would be dicey and Prcotor would probably provide the more immediate impact.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
The actual ideal candidate for the 23 jersey here would be Narawa as he can cover centre
Never seen him play centre but then i dont see much.....

Not sure about where WJordan goes. Seems like we(ve had about 3 years of baying for him at FB then we give him 1 game there and say yeah nah, back to the wing with you.

Also not sure about giving up on Talea so soon. Seems about 10 internet minutes ago he was absolutely hell on toast to try to get down.

Reece though? That clowning little arrogant head-patting slowpoke dwarf fuckwit can absolutely jog the fuck on

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yeah I have to say I thought Telea and Reece were the form wingers, at least at Super Rugby level. Fuck me Reece was bad last game.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
With all the will in the world, Plummer isn't going to start. Like the man and the way he plays for Blues etc. But I would be incredibly shocked if the ABs changed their whole game plan to fit in someone new because he would require a different style of play I think.
Out of interest,I would have him ahead or Perofeta , but not at this stage.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Telea was quiet in Super Rugby and seems to have carried that into the test season. iirc Reece was one of the few standout Crusaders but his form dipped towards the end of the season and has nosedived in black. Would retain Telea in the squad but he's not performing well enough to warrant selection.

Not sold on Jordan as a test FB, primarily due to his kicking. But Beauden is pretty hit-or-miss, Love is a rookie, and can't see Robertson asking latter day Grant Fox (Plummer) to run his whizzbang Mo'unga attack, thereby freeing up McKenzie to play FB.

It seems a bit redundant to have them both on the bench.

The actual ideal candidate for the 23 jersey here would be Narawa as he can cover centre, wing and fullback but the genius coaches dropped him and stuck with Reece and Telea.....

I'd completely forgotten about Narawa tbh. Bring him in for Reece and put him or Ioane on the bench with the other as RW.