• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia vs British and Irish Lions 2nd Test (Melbourne)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
There was actually a few times when he cut out JOC (James O'Connor) and went straight to the 12 channel (which is probably about where Cooper normally stands to Genia since he knows his wide passing ability better.)

So maybe Lilo was in fact picked as the primary playmaker and JOC (James O'Connor) was meant to simply be a dummy runner all night?

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
There was actually a few times when he cut out JOC (James O'Connor) and went straight to the 12 channel (which is probably about where Cooper normally stands to Genia since he knows his wide passing ability better.)

So maybe Lilo was in fact picked as the primary playmaker and JOC (James O'Connor) was meant to simply be a dummy runner all night?

Inside ball option for lilo?? Revolutionary positional playmaking by RD?

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Forgot to add.don't turn up for pregame entertainment..time your run from the pub to hit your seat 2 minutes before the national anthem..no sense in wasting good debating time around the bar. Go to the toilets 8 minutes either side of half time.you'll never get in at half time.we don't have quarters.
This has another advantage if the wallabies are struggling as they will be sure to score the try of the year the moment you are in the toilet.
You will know this because you will here a building roar followed by squeals of delight from the crowd..there will then be an invasion of the toilets with people telling you what you missed.
Its called taking one for the team so don't be selfish.:)

Well the Crusaders are playing beforehand if you want to see great rugby.... :)

Lots of Red around town this morning. A bit of green and gold and even saw a couple of QLD Reds jersies in Richmond. Great vibe around the place.

The Turf bar on Queen Street was rocking yesterday with plenty of Lions fans singing and that was at 2:30 pm.....

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)

"Primary playmaker"; secondary playmaker; five-eighths being criticised if they don't take the ball to the line; half-backs being expected to make frequent darts with the ball?

Some of us are old enough to remember when it was not unusual for the ball to be put through the hands - without Harbour Bridge cut-outs - so that it actually reached the winger. Although in all honesty it never used to happen all that often at my own club.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Lots of Red jerseys in Melbourne. Early on I thought it was just the same fat old guy I kept seeing. Someone needs to make a Lions jersey in a size other than medium. Also do they have more than one? They're always wearing them. Haven't got my wallabies one on yet. At least it's clean though.

Totally pumped for a great game. Last time I saw the Wallabies at dock lands drew Mitchell got red carded. Hope it's a Lions front rower this time, in conjunction with a penalty try.

Wallabies by 12 with their scrum demolished and penalized out of the contest.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Well the Crusaders are playing beforehand if you want to see great rugby.. :) snip/..

Yes but their opposition this week is a bit tougher than most so.. you know, watch out..

A game against the pretenders from north of Oamaru and a BIL test, what a Saturday night! :D

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
We lost on a last second PG having been decimated in the backs.
This Lions team is nothing like teams of old.
All the criticism of JOC (James O'Connor) overlooks the fact that for 50(?) minutes he had a bloke outside him who'd never played in the position before at any serious level.
We had 2 blokes who were winged but stayed on because there was no option.
We should never have been in that game when you think about it.
I don't think anyone would question the commitment of the guys in gold. They put their all into the match. It's part of the reason that I see good things on the horizon for Aust Rugby.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Mrs Doug and I have our jerseys on, the Wallabies flag is flying proudly from the front of our home, and I have advised our 5 year old grandson to don his jersey!

We can do it!! Let the game begin.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
As far as the backs - I am just praying that JOC (James O'Connor) and Lilo can gel and get Dean's original game plan going with JOC (James O'Connor) running into the line and creating space for Lilo and ACC.

Go gold!
You've made a dangerous assumption that Deans has a game plan.:)

How did having Lilo as 1st choice inside centre and McCabe as the back up constitute a game plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.