• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024. Sep 21, Sep 28

Australia vs NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024 Sep 21, Sep 28

• not watching this

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • call it off

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • cripple fight

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Soup Rugby shits and giggles 52-44 scenario

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • NZ 2-0

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • 1-1

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Aus 2-0

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Would somebody PLEASE hold me?

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Mummy! I said hold me!

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • "Mr Cyclo! Stop holding mummy! Mr Cyclo is the bad man, mummy!"

Votes: 11 20.4%

• Total voters

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Jake white bombed that first try. one of the worst I've seen. Tommy Wright had his worst game. made some really silly errors and the rocks came out. Kellaway had good and bad moments. similar to wright. Noah had nothing to be honest. it's still our dumb errors that cost us points. Jake white and Noah probabaly need to go. before this game I was all onboard for Noah as I can't really name a good enough person to replace him. maybe in wrong. look at super rugby. if your pack isn't being dominant how the hell can you look good at 10? so many time (bar Bobby and bell) our forwards just went backwards in this one off play again and again and again.

I guess this is the wallabies and we still need to just give them more time.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Jake white bombed that first try. one of the worst I've seen. Tommy Wright had his worst game. made some really silly errors and the rocks came out. Kellaway had good and bad moments. similar to wright. Noah had nothing to be honest. it's still our dumb errors that cost us points. Jake white and Noah probabaly need to go. before this game I was all onboard for Noah as I can't really name a good enough person to replace him. maybe in wrong. look at super rugby. if your pack isn't being dominant how the hell can you look good at 10? so many time (bar Bobby and bell) our forwards just went backwards in this one off play again and again and again.

I guess this is the wallabies and we still need to just give them more time.
It's been a long bloody time since Jake White was involved in Aussie rugby, not sure we can blame him for anything happening out on the field

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
33-13, nice little reverie of a reprieve for the precious AB petals before reality steps on their throats on EOYT.

Everyone enjoy The Flapanara Testimonial Show? FFS.

Highlights including but not limited to

- his only snipe of the game and Kellaway grabs it off him like theyre playing Under 7's.
- goes to take a quick tap and cleverly knocks it on then spends 2 minutes scolding the ref for his own unco-ness

If Flappers is on the EOYT I will take a shit into my own ear then laugh myself to death as the darkness takes me under.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Some good and a lot of poor play from the Wallabies tonight. Looked to be well in the game at half time, but they were very ordinary in the second half.

On some individuals :

. I thought Harry Wilson was quite poor. His skills let him down on too many occasions, and at least twice in the second half he simply surrendered at the first touch by a tackler, going to ground without any support players with him. Both times ended in a turnover.

. BPA was especially disappointing. Trouble at the lineout getting his throws on target and has a nasty habit of diving at the legs of the nearest defender when carrying the ball. Extremely ineffective as well as being dangerous both to himself and the defender.

. TT has little involvement outside the scrum and then he is mostly a liability.

. Gleeson was impressive in his stint at the end.

. Frost was very strong tonight. Lost a lineout but won at least one against the throw. His defence had a certain sting about it tonight.

. Valetini again was immense. Not sure why he has been replaced in the last couple of games, but if it's to keep him as fresh as possible for the EOYT then that might be a good thing.

Yoda

Alex Ross (28)
Might as well try Donaldson at this point. Fuck it. Noah has nothing going for him.
With the backline attack going nowhere in the second half, Joe leaves Noah on and Donno ends up on the wing for 5 minutes. Best attacking 10 on the wing. Plus he takes Pietschy off who was playing great and put Flook on ??? Work that out.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
On the ref, everyone know what I think, the ref is always bang on even if I get confused with some decisions.
If I was reffing I would penalise Sevu reece when he cuts back in and runs behind teammates, but a lot do it.
Also when wallabies took a tap the one who tapped run forward into AB defenders, but refs allow these things so I happy to concede I not an expert!
I would just to refuse to ref any game Reece played in

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Agree on Pietsch. Also thought Valetini probably should have stayed on. So many times the replacements seem to be pre-ordained and have no bearing on the way the game is playing out.

pnut

Charlie Fox (21)
If we are going to try and play a kiwis style game our super sides need to select skill based players not league style athletes that don’t rely on rugby skills. Great athletes but not rugby smart or skilled

HogansHeros

Jim Clark (26)
Some good and a lot of poor play from the Wallabies tonight. Looked to be well in the game at half time, but they were very ordinary in the second half.

On some individuals :

. I thought Harry Wilson was quite poor. His skills let him down on too many occasions, and at least twice in the second half he simply surrendered at the first touch by a tackler, going to ground without any support players with him. Both times ended in a turnover.

. BPA was especially disappointing. Trouble at the lineout getting his throws on target and has a nasty habit of diving at the legs of the nearest defender when carrying the ball. Extremely ineffective as well as being dangerous both to himself and the defender.

. TT has little involvement outside the scrum and then he is mostly a liability.

. Frost was very strong tonight. Lost a lineout but won at least one against the throw. His defence had a certain sting about it tonight.

. Valetini again was immense. Not sure why he has been replaced in the last couple of games, but if it's to keep him as fresh as possible for the EOYT then that might be a good thing.
Bit rough on Wilson, made some great carries and big defensive efforts. Dropped a couple too many late in the game which ruined it.

Would be awesome to one day see the wobs put in a full 80min performance. One day...

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)

On some individuals :

I disagree on this point. TT had some ill discipline but he was clearly very involved and effective. We fall off a cliff when both him and Bell go off.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Rieko Ioane

At centre his current status reminds me of the later years of Joe Roks that dragged on and on but NZ couldnt let go of him either as his previous searing exploits were burnt into our retinas like so many ghosted phantom limbs.

He seems to have free reign to make as many errors as he likes and never get dropped. If Proctor made even ONE of those errors he'd probably never be sighted again.

Overtime

Chris McKivat (8)
Worst clean out attempt by Losesio there. I look forward to not having to type his name.
Been saying it for a long time I like the kid but he just cannot set up players, has net got the biggest boot and rarely makes a clean break himself. 4 or 5 years ago everyone was saying there were to many Tah players in the Wallabies. At least back then we were able to pinch a game or two from the blacks and boks.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Little moments; tiny little errors allowed the ABs to score a couple of soft tries. That margin flatters them TBH and they're about to continue believing that bullshit offloads and lucky bounces are going to serve them into the future. Their way is bright, but it leads to darkness.

Physically I thought we were good. Technically I thought we were good. But those little moments...

Change of signature inbound.