• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024. Sep 21, Sep 28

Australia vs NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024 Sep 21, Sep 28

• not watching this

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • call it off

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • cripple fight

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Soup Rugby shits and giggles 52-44 scenario

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • NZ 2-0

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • 1-1

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Aus 2-0

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Would somebody PLEASE hold me?

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Mummy! I said hold me!

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • "Mr Cyclo! Stop holding mummy! Mr Cyclo is the bad man, mummy!"

Votes: 11 20.4%

• Total voters

dru

David Wilson (68)
I presume that what ever was working in the first half took the energy out of WB legs for the second. Thought that even Gordon looked a step off pace in the second half, but Tate seemed timid when he came on.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
We have nobody who creates an attacking platform. Our attack is so formulaic that the defence is not challenged to have to repel it. Couple that with conceding 5-7 metres at least every bloody phase when defending and we are easily contained. The opposition just has to wait for the inevitable holes to open and mistakes to be made.
Really dire.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I presume that what ever was working in the first half took the energy out of WB legs for the second. Thought that even Gordon looked a step off pace in the second half, but Tate seemed timid when he came on.
Our collapses do seem to often correlate with Bell and Tupou leaving the field.

Aussie D

Desmond Connor (43)
I find that match particularly aggravating because at the start when we played with intent and physicality we shook the ABs and they made loads of dumb mistakes. So what do we do the second half? literally sit back and watch them win. The Wallabies might as well have been spectators in that second half.
You mean like all the top rugby nations have learnt to do? In the last 20 years we have beaten the ABs only on the rare occasions when we get up in their faces for 80 minutes and compete hard at the breakdown

Aussie D

Desmond Connor (43)
We have nobody who creates an attacking platform. Our attack is so formulaic that the defence is not challenged to have to repel it. Couple that with conceding 5-7 metres at least every bloody phase when defending and we are easily contained. The opposition just has to wait for the inevitable holes to open and mistakes to be made.
Really dire.
I blame the insidious league influence that permeates the game at all levels. In league you can reset at every tackle, in rugby you need to win the ball at every tackle

Yoda

Alex Ross (28)
Didn’t score a point in the second half and backs were rudderless. Donno should be spitting chips. Gets a 5 minute stint on the wing for Ikitau. Our best attacking 10. Sorry Joe. Noah is hardly outstandingly better?

capalaba

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Well we didn't score in the second half, I was hoping we would've been more competitive in the second but couldn't maintain momentum.

Our defense is not up to par, the players are not gelling with the defensive strategy, either change the plan or change the coach.

Aimless pick and go was frustrating, I would bring back Hodgman and play Zane we lack momentum whenever Bell and TT are off. Yes it is TT worse game but he still put in a good shift.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
all blacks a lot better than the wallabies tonight. the ref was average at best. some very dumb calls. we can't play for 40 minutes let alone 80

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
On the ref, everyone know what I think, the ref is always bang on even if I get confused with some decisions.
If I was reffing I would penalise Sevu reece when he cuts back in and runs behind teammates, but a lot do it.
Also when wallabies took a tap the one who tapped run forward into AB defenders, but refs allow these things so I happy to concede I not an expert!