• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024. Sep 21, Sep 28

Australia vs NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024 Sep 21, Sep 28

• not watching this

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • call it off

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • cripple fight

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Soup Rugby shits and giggles 52-44 scenario

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • NZ 2-0

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • 1-1

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Aus 2-0

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Would somebody PLEASE hold me?

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Mummy! I said hold me!

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • "Mr Cyclo! Stop holding mummy! Mr Cyclo is the bad man, mummy!"

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Of course I don't want NZ to lose............. but if this new Scott Foster coach gifts testimonials to start Slowjog Cane and Handbrake Flapanara ..... and has BB anywhere near the starting XV............. and NZ lose......

jordancat_zpsxdh59np0_(1).GIF

Agent

Billy Sheehan (19)
A couple of thoughts from a former forward about the Oz backs (for what they are worth):
- Jake Gordon is going well this year but I can't believe how much his fortunes have changed over the past few months. People seem to have gone quickly from hating him to now thinking he is the best 9 in Oz.
- I would like to see Donaldson get a few games in a row. Lolesio is handy at best but would like to see if Donaldson can build some consistency if he is given a few games in a row to prove himself as opposed to just filling in here and there.
- Donaldson and Stewart seem to have a good understanding of each others game. Playing them at 10/12 and giving them time might have long term benefits..... might!
- Marika seems to be struggling and I think we need change. Dangunu was in amazing form against the Welsh before he got injured, and I would like to see Toole given a chance, or Peitsch.
- I really think Max Jorgo needs more time to develop. I don't see any benefit in rushing him especially when we have players that are equally as good or better than him currently. Rushing him will only lead to more injuries and reduce his shelf life long term. He will be a star in the future but needs to be looked after and allowed to develop better physically for now. Lets not forget he is just 20 and would be 90kg whinging wet!
- I agree with some punters from earlier in this thread who suggested that if you are going the have Wright and Kellaway in the team that their skills are better suited to Kellaway at FB and Wright on the sting.

scrans21

Ward Prentice (10)
My team for this week:

1. Bell
2. Faesslar
3. Tupou
4. Salakai-Loto
5. Williams
6. Valetini
7. McReight
8. Wilson
9. McDermott
10. Lolesio
11. Pietsch
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14. Kellaway
15. Wright

16. Paenga-Amosa
17. Kailea
18. Ala'alatoa
19. Frost
20. Gleeson
21. Gordon
22. Donaldson
22. Toole/Flook

hawko07

Allen Oxlade (6)
I’d play Tate at Prop and bring Tupou into 10 actually. Then move McReight to 15 and Wright to 7. Probably even bring Schmidt onto the wing for Marika. White to coach. That’s about it.
Imagine the media conferences with White at coach... would be even more annoying than the poison dwarf. I could get behind Tupou at 10 though.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yeah you definitely aren't dropping Wright for Kellaway right now. I think it's pretty obvious Schmidt likes the two fullback thing so it'll be any mix of Wright, Kellaway and Jorgensen for 14/15.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeah you definitely aren't dropping Wright for Kellaway right now. I think it's pretty obvious Schmidt likes the two fullback thing so it'll be any mix of Wright, Kellaway and Jorgensen for 14/15.
I hadn't realised just how big Caleb Clarke was until seeing him in person, but whoever plays right wing has their work cut out. It probably has to be Kellaway given most alternatives are left wingers

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
I've said it before - but I think Wright at Fullback would be the first name Schmidt is writing into his team sheet at the moment - at least for the backs. He's almost the only player with a big personality and leadership out there
Wright and McReight.

Wright is the only back we have that can individual beat his opponent more often than not. Iv'e been critical in the past of his decision making but I have no right to bring it out atm. He's been steady and offers a spark. I wouldn't mind seeing him have a run at 12 tbh even though this won't happen in a Test.

I get Schmidt must like the Kellaway type on a Wing but he's been fairly meh IMO. Have him on the bench as cover and bring in some genuine firepower that can threaten like Toole. Spread the defence a bit as they can't give Toole a metre of he's gone then open it up for Len and Wright a bit more.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
I get Schmidt must like the Kellaway type on a Wing but he's been fairly meh IMO. Have him on the bench as cover and bring in some genuine firepower that can threaten like Toole. Spread the defence a bit as they can't give Toole a metre of he's gone then open it up for Len and Wright a bit more.
Hooper was lavishing praise on Kellaway after last week's game which surprised me a bit.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Watched the game after knowing the result. I did hear the score live after 20mins at 2am, so decided to sleep instead and watch it the next day. So I probably took it in differently to people who saw it live.

Honestly I thought the team did well. 9th v 3rd in the world. A team which didn't get out of their pool in the RWC 12 months ago v the team which lost the final by 1pt... with 14 players for 50 mins.

Like many, I thought we would be on a hiding to nothing. The first 20 was shit house and continued on from that 2nd half v Argies. From that point on the improvement was obvious. Besides Marika I don't think anyone didn't perform better than the previous games. Maybe Lolo.

Lineout was a bit shit at times unfortunately. Luckily that can be fixed with relative ease. I do not like our defensive system. Getting in NZs faces is how you out them off their game, not hanging on your heels. They did scramble well at times though.

You can see the attack is being built. I don't think Noah is the answer however I'm not sure any of the other options are obviously better overall. He is a good runner of the ball. I feel like we need another good ball player in the backline to help him out. I hope the trial of sitting him on the wing in defense is over. Wright had a good game, and Kellaway looked dangerous at times... appeared quicker than previous weeks. Pietsch was impressive when he came on. More of that. Centres were fine. Some good and not so good moments.

Williams is growing on me. He was much more physical in this game. Pretty big improvements from him. The backrow was very good. Not often Bobby V isn't the best player in the loosies. McReight just slotted straight back in. Class. Wilson was immense. Most tackles, none missed. Most carries and good post contact meters. 2 turnovers. A couple of loose passes but you can see what he was trying to do. There was a hole there for the first one, had his mate McReight been off his shoulder that would have been a linebreak. I suspect he has been told to play his more natural game. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) was immense when he came on. That's the level he needs to perform at. Front row were ok. Ups and downs. Good to see BPA back in Gold.

Everyone is making errors. Unfortunately to be expected under a new coach and game plan, even the best teams in the world make mistakes every game.

In saying that it's too many mistakes for where this team will want to be, so there needs to be a massive improvement moving forward. Those mistakes led to tries to NZ and potentially stopped us from scoring / getting better territory.

Lastly on Slips, I'm a big fan however I can't help but feel that he needs a break. I'd be letting him stay in Oz for the end of year tour and get his body as right as he can for next year.

Worried about this weekend though, if they can put in another improved performance then it should be another cracker.

Up the Wobs.