• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v England @ Twickers 17 Nov 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Christ what a relief to win that.

We were always going to win it. No worries. It was foretold.

I'm with p.Tah. The Soap Dodgers will be full of their usual piss and hot air, and will not deliver the anticipated hiding.
We very rarely put 2 good or bad performances together in succession..Wallabies by 10.
You'll watch it live. You know you will, and when you do you will have bragging rights over all the Fair Weather Fans when we win.
^^^ I'm with you Penguin. Rain, Hail, Sleet or Sunshine, I see the Men in Gold sneaking home by 7 points.

Dingo Schmingo. Whether he goes or not - meh.

The only pass mark/KPI/thing that matters from this EOYT is to clean up the Soap Dodgers. End of story.

We can deal with the Dingo thing later. ABE.

Bunch of pessimestic miseryguts supporters you all are.

The Soap Dodgers will be lucky to get within 7 points of us. Mark my words.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
A76vafpCIAAD5hQ.jpg large.jpg

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
How is it that the majority of posters on here are more aware than the national coach of a players best position?

There have been calls from every corner for Taps to 12 but it only happens due to injury and it is a revelation.

Frustrating.

Don't blame Deans, it's his magic 8 ball that governs player positions.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
But it looks as though Taps is going to straighten it up. He has a good nose for a gap and generally takes the right option. Hopefully KB (Kurtley Beale) can give him some good half chances.
It may be a little early for him but hoping it works out well. This change could potentially shift our backs into gear again.
He is, but he's a sitting duck because the defence knows cooper ain't going to challenge the line.
Anyway, now I really am over analysing 1 pic and, it urns out, worrying about nothing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
HT Stats from Fox
Possession 52 Eng 48 AUS
R/M 42 Eng 47 AUS
Line Break 1 Eng 3 AUS
Tackles 49 Eng 44 AUS
Miss Tackles 7 Eng 5 AUS
Scrum wins 3(0) Eng 2(1) AUS
Lineout wins 7(0) Eng 5(0) AUS
Passes by AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) 1

Full time stats from Fox (not shown to the Ch10 watchers)
Possession 54 Eng 46 AUS
R/M 80 Eng 86 AUS
Line Break 1 Eng 3 AUS
Tackles 91 Eng 84 AUS
Miss Tackles 14 Eng 12 AUS
Scrum wins 4(0) Eng 7(1) AUS
Lineout wins 12(0) Eng 13(0) AUS
Passes by AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) 2

D

DJC

You can even see Sharpie mutter something like "oh well" as Robshaw veers off. In the post match interview with Sky's Graham Simmons Robshaw at first refused to concede the better team won and Simmons had to drag that admission out of him. Maybe Robshaw has heard the chatter about Tom Wood being a faster more dynamic option!

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
How is it that the majority of posters on here are more aware than the national coach of a players best position?

There have been calls from every corner for Taps to 12 but it only happens due to injury and it is a revelation.

Frustrating.

Was going to post something to this effect.

What a difference it makes. Deans is prob an average coach but his selections and man management are terrible.

Lyall

Herbert Moran (7)
Was going to post something to this effect.

What a difference it makes. Deans is prob an average coach but his selections and man management are terrible.

Totally different game, conditions, opposition AND mindset. As much as I like Tapuai (or Tapuai-ee as the commentators like to call him) I don't think we can say that the Wallabies supporting, offloading and passing to the wingers can be all put down to Tapuai.

Has Deans seen the light?
Is this another false dawn?
Next game will tell, maybe not..........

Loved the coverage (channel ten feed from? anyway, I didn't need to use binoculars for this one).
Minimum ads for this game too, heh, heh, heh (we should stop mentioning THAT ad all the time too, it's free promotion for a lousy product)

I liked the scrum refereeing too.

Vanuatu Chiefs

Sydney Middleton (9)
The stats might've suggested that this would be ugly but both teams played contrary to those indications.

There were a number of aspects of Wallabies' play that were vastly improved from our Parisian pit stop. No doubt it also depends on the opposition but we largely controlled areas of play that were in our hands, including the scrum and the breakdown.

Up front, I continue to be amazed by Hooper's fitness and speed. Timani showed that he's a worthy starter, Alexander was in the thick of it and I thought that this was Robinson's best game for some time.

For mine, Cummins & Tapuai were our most dangerous backs & the HB made numerous incisive runs. I love his no nonsense, give me the ball, get out of my way attitude. He also exudes plenty of much needed enthusiasm.

Also best 80 mins game from Barnes since Archie greeted the world pre the test against the Welsh in Melbourne. [Our 3 close wins against the struggling Welsh now take on a different perspective with their back to back losses at home against the Pumas and Samoans].

Two negatives that could've cost us the game were the staggering decision to leave TPN on during the first half when blind Freddy could see he was concussed yet again & understandably error riddled. Moore was much more steady in the 2nd half. Secondly, our "default setting" in the last 10 minutes or so of poorly executed kicks that gifted the Poms undeserved possession that could easily have seen a heart breaking late loss. The Poms will no doubt rue a number of their handling errors.

However, one period of play best exhibited that the Wallabies were at their tenacious best. Following the Poms' regathering of a midfield bomb numerous attacking raids were repelled whilst Dennis was flattened and Hooper had taken a heavy knock in back play. Massive relief when the raid came to nought as Ashton's boot found the touchline.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The Soap Dodger #1 prop went off after Oranges with 3 scrum penalties against him.

Great massacre in the scrummaging department.

Will someone over in the Mud Isles confirm is their press were talking up how powerful their scrum would be or was it just a false expectation that past sussess and dominance would continue?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Cautious as I am about taking too much from that game, because I think the poms are energetic but unconvincing - bordering on a little clueless, Tapuai was good and there was certainly more spark with him at 12 than there has been.

I do like Cumins attitude but his ball security in contact is an issue and, as he was last week, he was somewhat uncommitted to securing the high ball.

I think this means we cant finish the year out of the top 4 in the world and so we will be safe in terms of being drawn in NZ or SA pool at the next RWC?
If so that's a relief but not much more.
Deans will keep the job now. If he goes OK with the Lions he may be here for 2015.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
./snip/... Massive relief when the raid came to nought as Ashton's boot found the touchline.

Good match review VC.

Massive relief amoung those posting live that the showoff Ashton did not score. If the Soap Dodgers must score a meat pie, let it be anyone but Ashton. I am sure that he may be a very nice person, but there is just something about his on field antics that does not appeal to the residents of Chez Jarse.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
None at all, he glanced up then darted off :)
There's got to be some hot gossip there - thats not about Robshaw beweing worried at who is breathing down his neck that's about a personal issue.
and given how few tests robshaw has played (first game against us was today) it must have been something from this game given Sharpie hasn't played in Europe - spicy!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
At first glance it appeared as it Robshaw had been called away to do a post game interview, but second watching showed that this was not the case. It appears to be a deliberate snub.

Another reading could be that the Captain's may have already shaken previously, and then Robshaw decided to employ the one handshake rule.

Not the behaviour I would expect from a Captain of any rugby team - Under 6's to International.

It matters not, how tired or disappointed one is, one does not behave like that after Sir has blown the Acme Thunderer for the last time.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
At first glance it appeared as it Robshaw had been called away to do a post game interview, but second watching showed that this was not the case. It appears to be a deliberate snub.

Another reading could be that the Captain's may have already shaken previously, and then Robshaw decided to employ the one handshake rule.

Not the behaviour I would expect from a Captain of any rugby team - Under 6's to International.
No - pretty poor really: thats why I reckon there's something juicy behind it.
You can see he's put his right hand up to his face and turned his head away and changed direction: frankly, Sharpe's last game at the original home of rugby? R McCaw or J de Villiers would have embraced him - and god knows there's a lot more history in those relationships.

Status
Not open for further replies.