• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v England @ Twickers 17 Nov 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Lets be honest here, England are pretty shit. We were well deserved winners but the opposition let themelves down pretty badly with handling errors at crucial times.

Kaz

Ted Fahey (11)
Harsh. He played with passion for the jersey and the team. A little Aussie Battler... You have to love that.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He needs to work on the high ball (but so does everyone) but the rest of his game is great. Love the commitment to the collisions.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
We have some good wing competition now with Ioane, Mitchell, Shipperley and Cummins.

I'll throw Tomane in there as well.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
The Badger was brilliant tonight I thought. Obviously the try was great, but that crash ball right near the end was exactly what the team needed when they were starting to wobble.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Robshaw: Is he a bit slow?

Q. Would you concede the better team won this game ?
A. Ummmmm {under his breath potentially yeah ahh) We weren't clinical enough .....

At first call it sounded like he said "Depends yeah ahh We (... this ...) and We (...that...)

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Same question, except swap TPN for McCabe and Moore for Tapuai.
As Qwerty rightly pointed out to me a day or so ago, Moore has only had 15 minutes on the paddock since returning from injury. He is clearly the better all round player and should be the starter when fit. Hope TPN is OK. How much longer can he carry on banging his noggin? We are very lucky to have both of them.
Taps was good at 12.
Great ticker shown by the Wallabies at the scrum, the breakdown and in defense in the second half.
Any win over the Poms is a good one!
Well done boys!

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Congratulations Wallabies for:
1. Winning against the cock-a-hoop poms-nothing better! and
2. and on the strength of your EYOT, retaining Deans until the RWC

As an aside, anyone got any idea why the Poms adopted an 1862 negro spiritual as there rallying anthem? Swing low sweet chariot is just plain bloody annoying now-that and that other music they sing and wave there arms about like the robot in Lost in space

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Compared to most wallaby games this year, pretty decent, but still looks disjointed come timeto get across the line. The spirit these guys show can hardly be questioned.

Kearns needs to shut up about the kicks though, when the defence is rushing up like that, kicking over them and turning them round is generally a good idea if inside balls arent on offer (they aren't if your 5/8 is pointed to the side line when taking the ball).

England just refused to change their preconceptions about the game i.e. that their forwards were going to smash ours based on last weeks game. If they had been paying attention to the match they would've taken the points on offer in the second half and we probably would be commiserating another loss. I think they half expected to just turn up and win.

I'm happy. (But not with Phipps - learn to pass ffs)

P

Paradox

Good win but gee we can't score tries any more even when given quick ball in the opposition 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.