• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v England @ Twickers 17 Nov 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

troxler

Sydney Middleton (9)
3.5hrs to kickoff! Wallabies to come out fired up and looking to put some hurt on..worse case scenario we lose, I want us to go down fighting.

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
I can't understand why any Aussie would want to see the Wallabies lose to England. Disgusting!

I rate losing to England as one of the worst experiences imaginable, I abhor the thought of it. But if it means that Aus rugby gets turned on its head because of that lose, then so be it.

I do not want us to lose, but if that is the precusor to an absolute shakeup in our beloved game at all levels, then I will see it as a silver lining.

I chatted to a mate of mine today, one who has played the game and is (was) an ardent supporter. He no longer watches the games because he is so disgusted with the (lack of) direction and excecution of the Wobs.

Mediocrity is not a wallabies trait!

Until now :oops:

They did a poll at the SMH - 'should Deans go?'. they had 28,000 responses, 75% said yes. I am absolutely sure that if they conducted a poll that said 'Should there be an Independant Commission to run Aus rugby?' the response would be upwards of 90%.

You may argue that our injuries over the last eighteen months have cruelled our chances of being where we should be, and we have been unlucky with refs being biased about our scum capabilities, and we have played so many tests that it is having a detrimental affect on our players etc etc.

However, I for one cannot accept that we are continuing to go downhill, on pretty much every benchmark.

We need change, at all levels!

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Maybe its dangerous reading too much into a single still photo at training. i got this from the Wallabies facebook page just now.
View attachment 3098

Seems to me that no matter what Beale is planning here he's moving across field too early. i assume its a switch or dummy switch to Tapuai.
It seems to me that this doesn't really tend to put the defenders on their heels or in 2 minds about whats going to happen.
They can just lope along on the inside shoulder and wait to see what happens.

But it looks as though Taps is going to straighten it up. He has a good nose for a gap and generally takes the right option. Hopefully KB (Kurtley Beale) can give him some good half chances.
It may be a little early for him but hoping it works out well. This change could potentially shift our backs into gear again.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Anyone still up? Also why isn't the shoutbox working. would enjoy some live chatting

drewprint

Alan Cameron (40)
Before this starts, can I ask if anyone knows how Hugh McMeniman was going in Japan prior to coming back to Aus? Would love to see him back in the Wallabies fold, preferably at 6.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Before this starts, can I ask if anyone knows how Hugh McMeniman was going in Japan prior to coming back to Aus? Would love to see him back in the Wallabies fold, preferably at 6.
He's winning the being tall competition

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
yes older brother

If he was killing it, does that have any relevance?

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Matt Burke keeps talking on channel ten, unfortunately having never played international rugby it all seems to be beyond my level of understanding.

Reactions: BPC

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Time for yet another scotch, if my typing remains the same it's a credit to my liver.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Pommy camera men still struggling to find a decent english hottie for a close up... unless it's Gaggs in drag. Looking good buddy!

drewprint

Alan Cameron (40)
yes older brother

If he was killing it, does that have any relevance?

I used to think he was a pretty good player and with him back playing in Aus next year (unless I'm mistaken) I was hoping he was still capable of good rugby? Innocent question bud, no attitude required.

Status
Not open for further replies.