• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v England @ Twickers 17 Nov 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^^ I'm with you Penguin. Rain, Hail, Sleet or Sunshine, I see the Men in Gold sneaking home by 7 points.

Dingo Schmingo. Whether he goes or not - meh.

The only pass mark/KPI/thing that matters from this EOYT is to clean up the Soap Dodgers. End of story.

We can deal with the Dingo thing later. ABE.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Why?

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) won't get the ball in space, he is playing 13 in a side that doesn't pass wider than 12, so he won't be trying to create space on the outside.

Cummins will get the ball through inside ball from the blindside, kick returns and when no one else is left when we go around the corner

Read the posts mate McCabe is out so chances are it will get past 12. Also acc is rein owned for passing I am sure we have loads of posts from other threads from people who agree.

Also when I say this I don't mean I am expecting a back one hands move just in a 2 on 1 situation AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) won't pass

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
If anyone wants to meet up for a beer before the game, i'll be the bloke in the early 90s wallaby jersey and RMs (this may not narrow it down at all) standing outside the little off licence on Whitton road (the road from the station to the stadium) with a beer in hand - the Last Try it is apparently called, just from a quick google map search.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Read the posts mate McCabe is out so chances are it will get past 12. Also acc is rein owned for passing I am sure we have loads of posts from other threads from people who agree.

Also when I say this I don't mean I am expecting a back one hands move just in a 2 on 1 situation AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) won't pass
You are assuming the reason for lack of width is McCabe, I am suggesting it is the game plan

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I would of kept Barnes on the bench. I like the impact he has later in the game but doesn't show it when starting. On the flip side he showed some good stuff at FB before his injury.

Ant Fainga'a a direct swap for the injured McCabe would of been my preference. I kind of agree with what Scotty has been saying about AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). Not buying the man love he gets and it is he who should make way for Digby. Good player AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) but a stint on the bench may just be the catalyst to pick his game up.

The loss of Simmo is the major blow. I think sending for Higgers is a big mistake. In a fair world either Pyle or Neville shoud have been called upon but we are not in the position to be developing a young player at the moment. To see this tour out I would have sent AWH over. No Wallaby experience but none the less a mature head with a wealth of rugby experience. Not a long term option but we don't need a long term option.

I think we will go good in this test and I have just a little gut feeling we will dish the English scrum up this week.

A bit off topic but any news on Kane Douglas's mother? Nothing but best wishes for the Douglas family and hope it all has a happy ending.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I would of kept Barnes on the bench. I like the impact he has later in the game but doesn't show it when starting. On the flip side he showed some good stuff at FB before his injury.

Ant Fainga'a a direct swap for the injured McCabe would of been my preference. I kind of agree with what Scotty has been saying about AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). Not buying the man love he gets and it is he who should make way for Digby. Good player AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) but a stint on the bench may just be the catalyst to pick his game up.

The loss of Simmo is the major blow. I think sending for Higgers is a big mistake. In a fair world either Pyle or Neville shoud have been called upon but we are not in the position to be developing a young player at the moment. To see this tour out I would have sent AWH over. No Wallaby experience but none the less a mature head with a wealth of rugby experience. Not a long term option but we don't need a long term option.

I think we will go good in this test and I have just a little gut feeling we will dish the English scrum up this week.

A bit off topic but any news on Kane Douglas's mother? Nothing but best wishes for the Douglas family and hope it all has a happy ending.
Neville has been called over. So has Mitch Inman.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)

She's out of the coma but word around Yamba is that things aren't going well.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Pretty much agree with all of that....also wondering if Simmo was hard done by.....did the french dude get the same for the one on AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)?

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
I can't understand why any Aussie would want to see the Wallabies lose to England. Disgusting!
There's only one chance to see a well prepared team execute an intelligent gameplan. That's not going to be the Wallabies winning.

I just want to see some rugby, and the Wobs don't look like they play the game.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
If anyone wants to meet up for a beer before the game, i'll be the bloke in the early 90s wallaby jersey and RMs (this may not narrow it down at all) standing outside the little off licence on Whitton road (the road from the station to the stadium) with a beer in hand - the Last Try it is apparently called, just from a quick google map search.
Good luck getting in without any pants on Bryce.

D

daz

Neville I understand. Mitch Inman??????? I'll have to sit in a corner and try to develop some sort of theory.

I love Mitch Inman. But I love what he will hopefully be, not what he is now. It's too fucking early to call him over, by 12 months.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Maybe its dangerous reading too much into a single still photo at training. i got this from the Wallabies facebook page just now.
beale.jpg

Seems to me that no matter what Beale is planning here he's moving across field too early. i assume its a switch or dummy switch to Tapuai.
It seems to me that this doesn't really tend to put the defenders on their heels or in 2 minds about whats going to happen.
They can just lope along on the inside shoulder and wait to see what happens.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I doubt anyone is honestly saying they want to see the Wobblies lose. It's just hyperbole (or "hyperbowl" if you are Julia gillard) or just an exaggeration.

Status
Not open for further replies.