• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v England @ Twickers 17 Nov 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
CUmmins needs to be a regular fixture but i think ACC inside of him will be at a detriment to him he need a 13 who can deliver solid pill..but on the other hand i cant see us losing many defensive battles outwide

Why?

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) won't get the ball in space, he is playing 13 in a side that doesn't pass wider than 12, so he won't be trying to create space on the outside.

Cummins will get the ball through inside ball from the blindside, kick returns and when no one else is left when we go around the corner

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Mine uses it - still never quite figured out what it was, just that it'd be fucking ugly!

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
I can't comment on the page as I don't have the correct browser, but I must say your last couple of articles have been gold.

Espescially enjoying the analogies. GAGR's own Jeremy Clarkson (that is meant to be a compliment:)).

thanks mate - are you using IE9?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The one simple thing the Wallabies can do that will immediately make them more competitive............... focus on offloading in the tackle.

It will immediately give us options to try and exploit mis-matches and create an overlap. We can't pass to a man in space and we can't create space by using running lines (by can't I mean we seem incapable judging on past performances) so we need to try something simple to give us an attacking edge.

Reactions: TSR

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Yeah, get yourself Chrome or something. Or at least turn off "compatibility mode" in IE9 and you should be able to comment

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
The one simple thing the Wallabies can do that will immediately make them more competitive..... focus on offloading in the tackle.

It will immediately give us options to try and exploit mis-matches and create an overlap. We can't pass to a man in space and we can't create space by using running lines (by can't I mean we seem incapable judging on past performances) so we need to try something simple to give us an attacking edge.

Agree, but the problem is that if you're getting monstered behind the gainline there's little chance for it. Unfortunately it's all connected

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
I haven't watched an England game since Lancaster took over. From what I've read of his coaching methods, he's an impressive guy.

At this stage I'm almost hoping England dominate us technically and strategically, just to point out the difference between a good coach and what the wallabies have.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
I can't understand this attitude, I don't want my national team to lose (especially to the Poms) just on the off chance that it might lead to a change of coach & make one feel all smug in the knowledge that they called it.
Whatever your feelings on Deans, you still have to get behind your team! Fire Up!!!
Carn the Wallabies!!!!! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.