• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Argentina v Australia TRC Round 4 Sunday 8 September 5am (AEST)

rugbyAU

Dick Tooth (41)
The team should be:

1 - Bell
2 - BPA
3 - tupou
4 - Arnold
5 - Skelton
6 - Wright
7 - McReight
8 - Valetini
9 - Gordon
10 - Donaldson
11 - Petaia
12 - Kerevi
13 - Ikitau
14 - Kellaway
15 - Wright

rugbyAU

Dick Tooth (41)
I know he's breaking the Wallabies cap record, but once he does against the AB's we need to move on from Slipper what's the point of all of his experience if when he comes on we fall apart, Bell is way better and we should be squeezing everything out of him whilst just bring Kailea off the bench and prime him for 2027 as our second TH

sundayeightpm

Herbert Moran (7)
You’re the type of operator who shouldn’t be online. Needs to be the expert....Might be time to log off for a couple of months.
Geez - sorry mate, a little misunderstanding. I am all good. My offer was genuine. I work in the field of data, sport etc - hence the offer. Will stay on here if ok by you?

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
Korobiete might be the latest casualty of the retirement league.
He hasn't reached his JE medal standard, but I think the issue is we don't have anyone waiting in the wings with anything like the same impact potential.

Someone like Toole is yet another small guy for the opposition to target

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
Ok. Caught up on the game. I was so happy for 30-40mins and then everything just went pearshaped. Honestly we were playing some really nice Rugby in that openning stanza, Frost, Bell, Donaldson, Williams, lots to like, but then we just lost our shape and intent.

Len getting injured was a turning point for me. He is just such a key cog in ensuring both our line and punching forward with some gainline.

I don't know if we were starting to loose shape in part because of fatigue, but we also looked to be trying to up the tempo when Tate and Tom were on the field, but we just weren't there in defense. Players were sliding off tackles and biting in when they should have holding the space or just not folding around when they needed to.

I love both AAA and Slips, but they both look to have lost some of their edge. The scrum creaked and they're just not as dynamic as a couple of years ago.

I like Korebeti, but he is also not where he once was.

I'm not going to be arrogrant enought to postulate what the solutions are, but the coaches would really not be happy with how that game evolved, we've heard it repeated ad nauseam that we need to play the full 80mins and it really is so true. We had the players to beat this Argentina team in this game, but we're still just loosing too many of the moments and/or not adjusting when we need to.

Last edited:

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
I have it on good authority that Schmidt and Kerevi were on good terms and his inclusion in the rugby championship squad was nearly certain. This was all from conversations Kerevi had whilst in Brisbane pre-Paris Olympics.

Something changed then, whether Kerevi withdrawing himself or potentially Schmidt not happy with his lack of training and extended holiday.

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well Vunivalu was the hope and is probably the right athlete but from all I've seen not the right player in terms of attitude and/or intent so never evolved into what we needed.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
Yep I feel particularly with Kerevi something has soured which has resulted in him either omitting himself or being excluded.

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
We should but Joe is too stubborn and I think Skelton isn't too keen on it
Do you know this or are you speculating? Truth is, unless you have some insight we dont, we really have no idea what Joe really wants and what conversations were had and who decided what. Joe doesn't have to tell the media all his thoughts.