• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Argentina v Australia, Mendoza 4/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
No support for the Pacific Islands then?

I don't know how many current Samoan or Tongan players were born in Samoa or Tonga but it isn't very high when compared to any nation in the top 10.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
No support for the Pacific Islands then?

I don't know how many current Samoan or Tongan players were born in Samoa or Tonga but it isn't very high when compared to any nation in the top 10.
Not no support but there be guys playing in Europe who have committed to Tonga and Samoan rugby, don't they deserve to go to a world cup. they have towed the line not played for oz Nz etc. Then some rule for the Olympics 7's means all these other guys come back and take your spot because they can.

Now the whole poaching of players is a totally different story..

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
I've not got a problem with guys playing for non RC/6N coutries if they qualify through citizenship or 3 year residency and they haven't played for their first country for 3 years. I think it would be cool to see Joe Rock and Sivi running around for Fiji at RWC15.

T

Train Without a Station

Pocock was great but his not a legend yet. Gerorge Smith was a legend and a massive loss. But like Smith I don't think Poey Or Hooper have shown there great Captains..yet Hooper's young and learning he will grow and if kept with could be an amazing captain.

I was just referring to a comment from a poster that Pocock would be his first choice captain, amongst other comments that he is never cleaned out and it takes 2 players to clean him out every ruck whilst wingers just breath on hooper to clean him out.

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
With a combined total population of less than 300,000 I'd hoped the plight of Tonga and Samoa might be taken more seriously by lovers of rugby.

T

Train Without a Station

I've not got a problem with guys playing for non RC/6N coutries if they qualify through citizenship or 3 year residency and they haven't played for their first country for 3 years. I think it would be cool to see Joe Rock and Sivi running around for Fiji at RWC15.

The problem is you can't have double standards and with the previous rule countries like France would have been the beneficiaries, not the island nations that these players have come from.

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
I don't think France, with the most lucrative league in the world, and Samoa, Tonga and Fiji should be compared.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I would take Folau over Latham every day - Monday thru Sunday. and twice on Bledisloe Cup days. (Burke on the other hand, well Israel has some way to go).

Izzy has the ability, but not yet showing it. Latham was tough, as in "tough as teak", Izzy is still soft as in "soft as Sorbent toilet tissue".

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
No better Reds player than Chris "don't tell anyone I'm from the same state as Michael Foley" Latham. A champion at Herston.

Your view about Folau is taken.

And ignored. But that's the beauty of a fan generated forum, right?

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
No better Reds player than Chris "don't tell anyone I'm from the same state as Michael Foley" Latham. A champion at Herston.

Your view about Folau is taken.

And ignored. But that's the beauty of a fan generated forum, right?

You betcha, Mr T!

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
I'm still filthy about Mendoza.
screen-shot-2011-02-03-at-10.59.13-am.jpg

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
GI in the Wallabies back-line would be outrageously good!!!!

Imagine him and Kuridrani together!!!!

Deary me, I won't get carried away, but you can only dare to dream!

Status
Not open for further replies.