• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Argentina v Australia, 8am Sunday 1 Sep (AEST) - TRC Round 3

rugbyAU

Alan Cameron (40)
Might get this started given it's only a week away, my team would be:

1 - Bell
2 - Faesler
3 - AA (c)
4 - Frost
5 - LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6 - Valetini
7 - Tizzano
8 - Wilson
9 - Gordon
10 - Lolesio
11 - Marika
12 - Stewart
13 - Ikitau
14 - Kellaway
15 - Wright

16 - BPA/Nasser
17 - Kailea
18 - Tupou
19 - Williams/Blyth
20 - Hooper/Gleeson
21 - McDermott
22 - Donaldson
23 - Jorgensen/Toole

Last edited:

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Joe Schmidt is concentrating on getting what he sees as his best team for the series against the British Lions. That is his remit.
With this in mind, I think that Joe will want to have a closer look at Tom Lynagh for the No 10 jersey against the Argies. He now knows what Lolesio can/cannot provide from his exposure over the 5 previous tests. Which is probably summed up as average i.e. not bad, not good.

Yoda

Jim Clark (26)
1 - Bell
2 - Faesler
3 - AA (c)
4 - Frost
5 - LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6 - Valetini
7 - Tizzano
8 - Wilson
9 - White
10 - Donaldson
11 - Marika
12 - Stewart
13 - Ikitau
14 - Jorgensen
15 - Wright

16 - BPA
17 - Kailea
18 - Tupou
19 - Williams
20 - Hooper
21 - Gordon
22 - Lolesio
23 - Kellaway

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Bell
Nasser
Tupou
Frost
Salakai-Loto
Valetini
Tizzano
Wilson
Gordon
Lolesio
Koroibete
Stewart
Ikitau
Jorgenson
Wright

BPA
Kailea
Ala'alatoa
Blyth
Williams
McDermott
Lynagh
Flook

Bit of a hybrid between what I’d like to see and what I think will get picked.

My selection of Nasser to start is based on what I’ve read as much as anything. BPA on the bench to strengthen our scrum.

Won’t be surprised if Ala'alatoa still starts but Tupou is my pick at the moment.

Blyth - I’d probably have Hooper first, but am trying to follow the selectors thought process so far with this selection.

I haven’t been as impressed with Gordon as others, but think he is probably in the box seat to start.

I think Kellaway has been underwhelming so far and Jorgenson clearly turning heads.

10 is a bit of a ‘choose your poison’ selection - but feel like Schmidt will keep using Lynagh off the bench for now and show Faith with Lolesio.

Was tempted to start Ikitau at 12 and Flook at 13, but have followed the wisdom of leaving our best performing back in his best spot.

Flook for the bench as he gives us versatility.

Last edited:

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think this is pretty close to what we'll see, although I'm not sure what 9/10 will start. I would have thought we'll see Gordon/Lolesio starting if they are both fit.

Yoda

Jim Clark (26)
True, although I thought it might be better combinations with White, Donaldson and Stewart, particularly if Stewart is selected in his debut Test. A better attacking backline imho. We need to score tries.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
I'd be picking Flook and Ikitau in the centres, don't care which plays where, let them interchange as needed during the game.

Play Kellaway or Jorgensen at fullback because I think they would slot in better than Wright as an additional ball player out the back which will be needed with that centre combo.

Have Stewart on the bench to come on for either of the centres.

Yoda

Jim Clark (26)
Lynagh is a worry with injury concerns and I honestly don’t see the hype. Still don’t think Tate’s pass is good enough although he gets by because he is a good footballer.

Sword of Justice

Trevor Allan (34)
Yep, we will need our best team and atm I think that means Noah. We aren’t in a position to give games away and unfortunately for Lynagh I’m not seeing many opportunities between now and the Lions, barring injury.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I am a bit uneasy that we just don't have the players at 9 and 10 to implement an attacking backline. Nic kicks the ball away too much, Gordon is probably too much of an individualistic player, neither of Lolesio nor Donaldson seem to have the passing game to set backline plays up, Lynagh looks to be too slow and inexperienced to succeed at this level just yet. IMO the best we might be able to do right now is to go with Tate at 9 and have him picking out the likes of Wright, Koroibete and Ikitau as first receivers as well as whoever plays 10.