• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

All Blacks July Internationals

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Me, a Super Rugby winning Auckland Blues killdozer intellectual seeing this backline: what is this, a backline for a 5th grade game? The absolute state of it.

Literally half the starting or finishing backs are Aux & you could argue that two of them are there on reputation/ "runs on the board" so not sure if you're having a laff...

zer0

John Thornett (49)
No glorious 6'0 95kg killdozer driving crash ball first-five, 6'2 110kg crash ball left winger, nor 6'4 101 kg crash ball fullback.

smh at these soft South Islanders and their airy fairy rugby.

Last edited:

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
3mpa7pns2ead1.jpeg
I like the look of this team, but it'll be interesting to see how quickly they gel.

How many times has the McKenzie/Perenara partnership occured?

That bench looks pretty solid. Real depth of experience with a couple of guys who will be hungry to make their mark.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
True test for Perofuture.

After being shunted out of 1st 5 for the Blues he's done well to stick around and hang in there and get named to start a test for the AB's at fullback.

Sadly, still just a temp job until Will Goldenballz deigns to grace the national team with his presence though.

Linerunner2023

Alfred Walker (16)
Very stable side
I predicted Ofa to get over de groot from his blues efforts
Is finau a little lucky over ioane for a squad spot? Seems like the closest frizell replacement
Perefeta maybe a little Lucky
NZ wing depth is crazy Clarke and Narawa would start for wallabies
And they still have jorden to come back

Linerunner2023

Alfred Walker (16)
The lucky one is Blackadder. Finau is a little raw but he has the frame and the game to really excel at 6. Blackadder barely plays and doesn't have a natural position.
Yes I think Blackadder is good but like you mentioned barely plays
And the hybrid 6/7/8 is alive with savea, paapali, Jacobson and Blackadder all similar to cover all positions

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yes I think Blackadder is good but like you mentioned barely plays
And the hybrid 6/7/8 is alive with savea, paapali, Jacobson and Blackadder all similar to cover all positions
When Blackadder isn't injured/recovering and on form he is a quality player. He's put in some pretty solid shifts for the Crusaders at times. Depends what you're going for, but I can understand why hes in the mix.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Saw on the news last night that the "last few hundred" tix had been released & sold. @Marce & others who seem fixated on grounds being sold out rejoice!

^ I guess it's one of those "you've gotta laugh or you'd cry" scenarios @KiwiM . That said, it probably applies to a large percentage of the squad & a slightly lesser percentage of tonight's 23.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^ bet you a chocolate fish there's empty seats for AB v Los Pumas at Eden Park.

Edit: that's not a dig at Eden Park, the same would apply to Westpac, Forsyth Barr & probably FMG.

Last edited:

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Things I want to see:

- Flapanara NOT getting overhyped and bug-eyed and stupid after his Very Special Haka.
- Flapanara NOT getting distracted by trying to override the poor Georgian ref and referee the whole fucking match by himself ffs.
- Flapanara OUT of the XXIII for Eden Park test.
- Perofuture: scything and sextanting.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Good news is next week's test at Eden Park has been sold out for more than a week

Story about Dunners being sold out mentioned upwards of 10K being from out of town & implied a large percentage of them were either native or expat Poms. If anything you'd expect more in Aux, so a bit like the last few B&IL tours in that regard.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Story about Dunners being sold out mentioned upwards of 10K being from out of town & implied a large percentage of them were either native or expat Poms. If anything you'd expect more in Aux, so a bit like the last few B&IL tours in that regard.

English guy from work is staggering into Dunners with ~50 other Englishmen. The curry houses business will be a boomin.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Scenario 1: Eng suffocate AB with brick wall D, build scoreboard pressure with threes, rumble over for a try or two & win by 8-12.

Scenario 2: AB outflank Eng D, Reece and/ or Tele’a bag doubles, AB win by 20.

Really can't see anything in between happening.

@zer0 if that bloke is due back at work Monday (& assuming you can be bothered turning up) I'd be investing in some air freshener & ostentatiously spraying it in his direction at every opportunity.

Getting in earlier than him & leaving a tin of tic tac or Eclipse on his desk would also count as hilair-wious, eh wot.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
@zer0 if that bloke is due back at work Monday (& assuming you can be bothered turning up) I'd be investing in some air freshener & ostentatiously spraying it in his direction at every opportunity.

Getting in earlier than him & leaving a tin of tic tac or Eclipse on his desk would also count as hilair-wious, eh wot.

Remote working setup :cool:

Hasn't been active on messenger for a few hours so the lads must have built up a respectable head of steam for kickoff.