• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

All Blacks & All Blacks XV EOYT 2024

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Peter Lakai and Josh Lord have been called up to ABs, with Papali'i , Jacobson and (surprise) Balckadder out with injury. Seems he hoping one will be ok for a bit later, hence only 2 replacements.

KiwiM

Arch Winning (36)
The 7 players from the ABXV called up to ABs for Japan week

Slated
Bower
Holland
Haig
Lio-Willie
Plummer
Lam

A Crusader selected instead of Hoskins. Colour me shocked....

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Some elite players have to knock themselves out in Super Rugby and NPC just to get a sliver of attention from the Cantab Crony Cartel while others often of a more red and black persuasion can lose all their Super Rugby matches - or even not bother with the comp at all - then swagger back in, high off their own stash, to resume this AB generation's "50% wins is fine" splatoon of brandshitting.

KiwiM

Arch Winning (36)
The form 12 of Soup Rugby just there to fetch cups of tea and hold the tackle bags for "Dave" who doesnt even need to play Super Rugby any more.

David Havili was arguably the worst player on the field for Tasman in their humiliating loss to Canterbury in the quarter final on the weekend.Certainly the worst amongst those in the ABs/AB XV mix

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Hearing rumours Sotutu might be pulling out of the AB XV due to injury.
Injured fucking soul if you ask me.

Can't even get a call up ahead of Cantab Christian Lio-Nothing? Biased Cantab c*****s, why the fuck even bother.

Half hope Hoskins hoists RWC trophy for the pomgolians and gives an ashen-faced Razor up in the coaching box the big King Carlos f*** you Cantab c****s flip off.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
oops sounds like Hoskins, Paps, Jacobsen and Bladders are all out injured and out of the tour.

Lakai, Cane, Finau, Sititi and Ardie are about to play a shitload of rugby.

If 3 of them can really own the jersey on this tour then old man Bladders, Nothingburger Jacobsen and the hated Blues Paps and Hoskins might not be seen in black again.....

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
oops sounds like Hoskins, Paps, Jacobsen and Bladders are all out injured and out of the tour.

Lakai, Cane, Finau, Sititi and Ardie are about to play a shitload of rugby.

If 3 of them can really own the jersey on this tour then old man Bladders, Nothingburger Jacobsen and the hated Blues Paps and Hoskins might not be seen in black again.....
Surely we can rule Cane out after this tour?! Ardie and Sititi aren't going anywhere, that just leaves Finau and Lakai.

I have never been a fan of either Blackadder or Jacobsen but Blackadder actually played a couple of good Tests this year - can his body hold up to the rigours of it though? Jacobsen has been exactly what he has always been in a black jersey...nothing to write home about. Reminds me of Razor as an AB.

Hoskins looks like he'll never get another chance. I haven't watched any NPC this year but I have seen comments on social media saying that it doesn't look like he has done much to change the AB selectors mind about him or it doesn't look like he is doing much to play the way they are wanting their 8 to play. I've said it before - I think he deserved another shot at least. I always thought Luke Braid wasn't given a proper go over Cane....Hoskins could be another Blues loosie not given a lot of chances.

It's a shame Papali'i isn't touring. I want him to be a real good AB but he hasn't really shown anything special or different in his outings. I don't think he has played any better than Cane unfortunately. He is starting to look like a guy who fills the gap between Cane and whoever the next long-term 7 is. Hopefully more like McCaw than Cane LOL

It makes me wonder - what is the difference between guys like Akira, Hoskins, Papali'i etc and Sititi. The former guys get a number of games and don't really make an impact while Sititi has played 4 Tests and looks undroppable.

Last edited:

Tomthumb

Chilla Wilson (44)
It makes me wonder - what is the difference between guys like Akira, Hoskins, Papali'i etc and Sititi. The former guys get a number of games and don't really make an impact while Sititi has played 4 Tests and looks undroppable.
The biggest difference is Sititi came into a deeply flawed back row with 3 opensides and no damaging ball carriers so his point of difference became so obvious

Akira has all the talent in the world and none of the drive. Dalton tries hard but just isn't good enough IMO & Hoskins never really got a chance for any period of time to earn the jersey

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
The biggest difference is Sititi came into a deeply flawed back row with 3 opensides and no damaging ball carriers so his point of difference became so obvious

Akira has all the talent in the world and none of the drive. Dalton tries hard but just isn't good enough IMO & Hoskins never really got a chance for any period of time to earn the jersey
Both Hoskins and Akira had opportunities to show this and just didn't. If wikipedia is correct, Hoskins has 14 caps and Ioane has 22. Neither one showed anything like what Sititi has in just a few games.

Last edited:

Tomthumb

Chilla Wilson (44)
Both Hoskins and Akira had opportunities to show this and just didn't. If wikipedia is correct, Hoskins has 14 caps and Ione has 22. Neither one showed anything like what Sititi has in just a few games.
I'd disagree that Hoskins had much of a shot. He's started 7 Tests, 4 of which were against Fiji, USA, Italy & Japan. All Blacks won all of them and he played pretty well

KiwiM

Arch Winning (36)
Both Hoskins and Akira had opportunities to show this and just didn't. If wikipedia is correct, Hoskins has 14 caps and Ione has 22. Neither one showed anything like what Sititi has in just a few games.

Have you just chosen to completely ignore certain games?

Akira's first proper test start came against Argentina following the test where Argentina beat ABs for the first time with Frizell was at 6 (Akira's first actual test start vs Wallabies he had to come off after 20 minutes as a front rower got red carded so when a scrum happened they had to replace someone else when bringing a front rower):
Ioane carried strongly, punching through Pumas defenders to clock up the most metres of any All Blacks forward on the night while completing nine of 10 tackles and winning two turnovers.

The Blues loose forward came up with two critical steals in the tackle, ripping away possession in contact from the Pumas as they were pressing into All Blacks territory.

Or perhaps vs the Wallabies in Perth from Akira:
The blindside flanker ran 88 metres, beat nine defenders, made three clean breaks and 10 tackles - as well as assisting in tries for Will Jordan and Anton Lienert-Brown.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
3men.png

"Oh shit the pom coach talked to Hoskins Sotutu."
"We need to get out in front of this shitstorm so it makes it look like we were going to pick him."
"I agree. If we say nothing then we will look like the biased idiots we are in not picking the best player in Super Rugby."
"Release a statement saying 'We were going to bring Hoskins in, but he is injured....."
"Excellent. Now we can say "oh Hoskins gave up on the AB's" meanwhile of course we were never going to pick him cos we prefer our Cantab mates like Bladders and Lio Willie."
"Excellent work guys. Looks like we're in the clear now."

"Yep, no one will suspect a thing. We are PR geniuses."