• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Game 1 Australia vs New Zealand - 18 August

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Game 1 between NZ and Australia?

• The Men in Gold - The Wallabies

Votes: 50 45.9%
  • The Darkness - The New Zealand Rugby Team

Votes: 59 54.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
My take on the 1st half. For Aus Beale is having a nightmare, Robinson has been poor, Timani still doesn't look like test match grade. Although Genia has been one of their best players he's still had a mixed performance, some great break but some poor decisions. Diggers has been excellent and has looked a class above the other backs. Sharpe has put in a good performance.

In attack they are standing very deep and passes aren't going in front of the man so they're receiving the ball standing still. Not surprisingly it's lead to losing lots of ground when they have the ball.

NZ have used SBW & Nonu really well as decoy runners, not only are they fixing the defence, they're sucking in extra defenders, creating massive space out wide and quick passing is really making great use of that. Will be interesting if they switch tactics and have them bash it up the middle if Aus start to drift more in defence.

NZ have looked a lot fitter than Aus especially in the forwards. Aus have been very slow arriving at rucks. McCaw is definitely winning the battle with Pocock so far.

Defensively NZ are packing the middle of the park and leaving huge space out wide. Slow ball and poor passing means that by the time Aus get it wide they're outnumbered by the defenders. The way the ABs are defending would really suit Cooper with his long passes out to the wings. Barnes isn't able to do that and hasn't kicked much, when he has they've been poor and created counter attack opportunities for the ABs.

Carter is showing why Hansen kept faith with him over Cruden, he's still got a lot to offer at test level and it will be a real fight for Cruden to wrestle that 10 jersey off him. NZs back 3 have been excellent so far make the most of any chance to attack.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Would've loved to see Barnes pass there, looked like an overlap.

Pass it Timani!!

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
We get done for holding on because our fucking lazy forwards aren't there to support the man on the ground.

SteveMerrick

Allen Oxlade (6)
To be honest this is not a game that Cooper would revel in - forwards are struggling to get consistent front foot ball -

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The fitness of the forwards has really stood out for me. The ABs just look so more fit and precise, and they are winning the collisions.

What is worse is seeing them use their bench earlier too.

Our entire pack has been outplayed in my book.

P

Paradox

Timani you idiot. Any forward other than Pocock or Sharpe made the advantage line?

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
For professional athletes I'm sorry but the physical conditioning in the Wallaby forwards needs attention.

Booze and poor nutrition is where I'd start

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I don't get how we are only five points behind. Incredible. We've been so outplayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.