• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Game 1 Australia vs New Zealand - 18 August

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Game 1 between NZ and Australia?

• The Men in Gold - The Wallabies

Votes: 50 45.9%
  • The Darkness - The New Zealand Rugby Team

Votes: 59 54.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I'm trying something different tonight, I've put away my new QANTAS Wallaby jersey, dug to the back of the cupboard and found my Vodafone Wallaby jersey. I'm going old school. The last time I wore it when we played NZ, we beat them in the 2003 RWC semi-final. This jersey saw many Wallaby victories over the ABs. 10 Years since we held the Bledisloe, let's see if this jersey can help.

bledisloe_cup,0.jpg

Disclaimer: None of my superstitions have ever helped the Wallabies win a game in the last 10 years, this will probably fall short unless everyone performs their pre-game rituals. Lucky Red underware must be worn.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Aside from all that, Quade Cooper has spent the best part of two years practising, in full view, the same sort of gamesmanship on Sir Richie by srcapping, shoving, and kneeing in the head but apparently that's all ok.

Yes it is ok, because McCaw does exactly the same sort of things. Prime example is just prior to genias try in the Brisbane game. I suspect McCaw couldn't care less about coopers niggle and that the abs have it as part of their plan to niggle him. It is part of the game, so get over it.

S

Snow

I'm trying something different tonight, I've put away my new QANTAS Wallaby jersey, dug to the back of the cupboard and found my Vodafone Wallaby jersey. I'm going old school. The last time I wore it when we played NZ, we beat them in the 2003 RWC semi-final. This jersey saw many Wallaby victories over the ABs. 10 Years since we held the Bledisloe, let's see if this jersey can help.

bledisloe_cup,0.jpg

Disclaimer: None of my superstitions have ever helped the Wallabies win a game in the last 10 years, this will probably fall short unless everyone performs their pre-game rituals. Lucky Red underware must be worn.

It's OK everyone. I'm wearing my green undies. We're a shoe-in!

M

Muttonbird

Yes it is ok, because McCaw does exactly the same sort of things. Prime example is just prior to genias try in the Brisbane game. I suspect McCaw couldn't care less about coopers niggle and that the abs have it as part of their plan to niggle him. It is part of the game, so get over it.
So you are saying it was an ABs plan to have Cooper knee Sir Ritchie in the head? All Black skullduggery knows no bounds.

W

Waylon

Gerrard was in some purple form. Agreed

Would have loved AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in 13 and Gerard on the wing. Would have provided some real menace in attack.

Horne will predictably fade on the outside and with his lack of speed and get nailed. he won't offload because he has tunnel vision.

It's frustrating to put up with Deans' backline selections

Deliver or get sacked

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Reading the last couple of pages, one thing has become very clear. We have "discussed" tonight's game as much as we possibly can, and now we're getting bored and antsy. I thought it'd gone far enough when we merged the Graham Henry thread into this one, but seriously, McCaw vs Cooper? Again? ;)

On the Gerrard thing, a couple of months ago, I suggested this to a Rugby mate of mine and he was disgusted. I suggested AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13 and Gerrard at 14 (Mitchell was still a long way off at this stage). The more I think about it though, the more I like it. Don't get me wrong but, I've been supportive of Horne staying where he is as I don't think he's done anything worthy of dropping him and also for consistency's sake. The Gerrard thought is simply a fanciful ponderance to pass the time until kick off.

Hmmm what else can I do? :rolleyes:

M

Moono75

The Schmoo was in some rare form prior to his injuries. I hope he returns to some of his best tonight. Couple of hours to go. Time to don the jersey and hit the pub. Go the Wallabies!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Gerrard was in some purple form. Agreed

Would have loved AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in 13 and Gerard on the wing. Would have provided some real menace in attack.

Horne will predictably fade on the outside and with his lack of speed and get nailed. he won't offload because he has tunnel vision.

It's frustrating to put up with Deans' backline selections

Deliver or get sacked

Gerrard?

Attack?

M

Muttonbird

We have "discussed" tonight's game as much as we possibly can, and now we're getting bored and antsy. I thought it'd gone far enough when we merged the Graham Henry thread into this one, but seriously, McCaw vs Cooper? Again?

Too much thread merging occurs here, apparently in the name of keeping the front page tidy, but it actually makes more of a mess, I think.

As for Quade vs Richie, that is a recent historical incident and perfectly legitimate to bring up when discussing illegalities and bad sportmanship in Bledisloe Cup matches and this was the exact point Dingo brought up in his-influence-the-ref-via-the-media stunt. Here's more in the same vein from Gatland and Wayne Smith.

Both he and Gatland zeroed in on Genia as the man to control the tempo of Wallaby fortunes. "He is a very smart player," said Gatland.

"We had the referees come to us [in the Wales series] and tell us they got caught out by his positioning because Genia used the referee as a shield close to rucks and mauls."

World Cup final referee Craig Joubert was another who noted the scheme and felt the pace of the tests was up another level from much of the Super 15.

He was sure the All Blacks had noted that tactic and would have alerted tonight's Irish referee Alain Rolland to the ploy.

Another pearler from the same article...

The Australian sports propaganda machine led the cheerleading about the Wallabies' merits and they were champions at convincing referees of their virtues.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/article.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=10827744

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
God loves New Zealand, he gave us boiling mud,
God's the full quid, because that isn't all he did,

God gave us rugby, you can't kick boiling mud,

God gave us sheep, you can't sleep with boiling mud,

God gave us Australia, you can't live in boiling mud...

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Anyone else watching last year's Brisbane test and thinking Coopers unlucky? Yes the forwards muscled up but he is so much more complete than Barnes.

Come on boys.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Finally the day is here! Since the Olympics I've been counting down the days this week until this game. If it even half lives up to my anticipation then it's going to be a cracker of a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.