• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Game 1 Australia vs New Zealand - 18 August

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Game 1 between NZ and Australia?

• The Men in Gold - The Wallabies

Votes: 50 45.9%
  • The Darkness - The New Zealand Rugby Team

Votes: 59 54.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

What2040

We all have our "picks" some right some wrong - all in the subjective eye of the beholder

Time to forget the tribalism and bullshit and get behind the team.

Just hope OZ start well, provide plenty of agression and the game will be a beauty...

Reactions: TSR

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Ah, good advice to all for the duration of the game; put the plastic cover on your lounge chair and a plexiglass screen in front of your TV. Drink out of plastic cups and keep the kids out of arms length. :D

My goodness, it would appear we are nearly all united in our belief that this could be a very bad weekend. Is this the most pessimistic the GAGR members have been prior to an international tournament?

Actually I think most are saying that this team has been picked for the close result scenario. Hope for a close win, but more likely result is a close loss.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
The reserve scrum-half is trivial. Genia will play a full game. Phipps is just warming the bench. Although with the 5/2 split, he could end up on the wing.

It's a massive brain explosion. If Genia is injured we may as well just accept the loss. So whats the point of a reserve scrum half?

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
I don't know if anyone else has noticed it but Nick Phipps has been evolving into a nasty little so and so. Someone should pull him aside and tell him there is a reason no one really likes Brett Sheehan.

FTA bitch slapped him - epically. One of my favorite memories from this whole Super Rugby season.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
IMO, assuming White is indeed unavailable with his pending, all the alternatives to Phipps are equally unappealing.

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
If Barnes (after the Welsh series should we now call him Two MOMs?) is injured, which is a distinct possibility, we are basically screwed. Yes people can cover different positions, but our game plan is based around two moms. Anyone else in this pivotal role will throw what little cohesion we have out the window.

I have a deep sense of foreboding about this game.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
If Barnes (after the Welsh series should we now call him Two MOMs?) is injured, which is a distinct possibility, we are basically screwed. Yes people can cover different positions, but our game plan is based around two moms. Anyone else in this pivotal role will throw what little cohesion we have out the window.

I have a deep sense of foreboding about this game.

I'm sure KB (Kurtley Beale) has been swapping back and forth with him in training...

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
And yes everyone shuffles around. Would KB (Kurtley Beale) at 10 be able to play to the tight game required by the team selections and game plan? I don't think that is KB (Kurtley Beale)'s style, the same as it is not QC (Quade Cooper)'s natural game and Quade couldn't play that way in the RWC.

Actually I don't think it is the Wob's natural game, it is not how we play best.

Yes it may be that Robbie has a more subtle plan in mind, and Scotty has alluded to the possibilty that the team selection will change come game day, but I won't be holding my breath.

This is from someone who was excited when Dingo was originally given the appointment.

Not any more.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
On the pesimism note, I'm actually feeling pretty upbeat about this weekend. I reckon we have a good shot here. Maybe it's the boyish excitement that comes with the Test season starting, maybe it's the hint of spring in the air up this way. Fucked if I know. All I know is that I reckon that we could upset the AB's this weekend. If that happens though, fucking watch out at Eden Park - we all saw what they did to the Irish after they gave them a scare!! haha!

On the provincial side of things - move on people. We haven't picked x Tahs, x Reds, x Force, x Rebs and x Ponies players. We've selected 22 Wallabies. We're all on the same side - time to get with the program. :D

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
Ok - ill shut up. But perhaps you should just auto suspend me if we lose, because I may be forced to point out that sometimes analysis can be negative without being biased.

P

Paradox

If the Wallabies get flogged, this forum will go into meltdown. I think the forward clashes are going to be brutal in this match but the darkness will score points when on offer.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Ok - ill shut up. But perhaps you should just auto suspend me if we lose, because I may be forced to point out that sometimes analysis can be negative without being biased.
If the criticisms are justifiable and you keep it level headed then you will be fine.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Anyone expecting any surprises in the AB team?

I'd start Messam and have Vito reserve in the loosies. Savea and Jane on the wing. Most other selections seem pretty straight forward.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
If the Wallabies get flogged, this forum will go into meltdown.

Most folks will be saying "I told you so" but it will have little impact because their intended audience will be doing it also. It will be a contest to be the most sarcastic and virulent so others will notice what they are saying.

If we lose I may visit the thread come Tuesday to spot the winner.

Meantime I will be at the game and hoping to see what I saw in the first Bledisloe match with Deans as coach. It was an unexpected win at the same ground.

We have a bread and butter team with not much jam in it.

So many times we have seen the All Blacks play winning rugby with hard-nosed, no-frills play; just basic stuff and they beat us in small moments that can become big moments seconds later. They have flair but it is underwritten by about 15-20 years experience in each player working to gain small victories and being rugby-wise enough to do so.

I'm not sure if our players can contend man for man like that, especially in the forwards, but I will be looking for it on Saturday night. They played small moments well against Wales and ground out wins; if this lot can't do it there aren't a lot of grinders left to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.