• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 IRB Junior World Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Lee

I think Allan A is younger than McMahon. I believe he turns 18 this year the same as Mcmahon. As for Latu he is 19 this year having led Southern Districts to a NSW u15 title in 2008 and then played for Sydney Uni in the U16 side of 2009. Due to him going to a state high school (one from which the administration did not believe in sending their students to rep trials) he has played colts at Sydney uni last year and this year. Uni have played him everywhere from prop to hooker to a backrow position. I think we can all agree that it is in the front row where he will make his mark.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Two Easts boys in the starting side! Congratulations UJ and Pettowa, we're proud down at Bottomley!

On another note, Frisby is unlucky, but that really is a strong bench, good options if Argentina look like another upset. I'm interested to see how Crook goes, never seen him play before but have heard big wraps.

Watched Crook play for TSS during his senior year and he was a stand-out performer IMO. He has serious pace, not the most effective kicking game but it will do. He will have to perform well if he wants a starting spot come the money end of the tournament but he has huge potential. Has he been playing much 7s? Lee?

A

Aunt

Hey just checked with Fox and they are not putting on viewers choice!:(
Any ideas on how to get it live on my computer??

A

Aunt

Trying set up the live stream but it keeps asking for a DSTV number any ideas on what I should enter

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Lee

I think Allan A is younger than McMahon. I believe he turns 18 this year the same as Mcmahon.

As for Latu he is 19 this year having led Southern Districts to a NSW u15 title in 2008 and then played for Sydney Uni in the U16 side of 2009. Due to him going to a state high school (one from which the administration did not believe in sending their students to rep trials) he has played colts at Sydney uni last year and this year. Uni have played him everywhere from prop to hooker to a backrow position. I think we can all agree that it is in the front row where he will make his mark.

Allan A is older: he turned 18 in January this year. McMahon turns 18 this month. Both will be eligible for this tournament in 2013 and 2014. Not to the point, but I don't know where McMahon will end up as a senior player (outside of 7s) but I hope that it's not as a notter. Time is on his side though.

Thanks for the info on Latu - I had never heard of him before this year (what school did he go to incidentally?). Yeah, he will make his bones in the front row alright.

It's hard to say how he will go as a scrummager in senior rugby but his side of the scrum looks sound at this age level. He's a short arse LHP like a couple of the French no.1s and difficult for tall THPs because the short guys get under them. The payback comes when they have to lift in the lineout though.

Latu looks like a teenager who could be converted to hooker for which he has attributes, and he is in the right club to do so if they have a need. There is a lot of TPN in him - and Roach; but the thing I like most about his general play is his energy and the power he demonstrates in the ruck and tackle.

I am excited by this year's front rowers, except I haven't see Hoskins this year. I rate Makin now and last year's Schools front row ( the one against NZ) was the best for years as a unit and individually. We've had two promising players in a schools front row recently but to have all three already playing well in U/20s and all back in in 2013, and just 2nd stringers this year, should excite Oz rugby fans.

We'll have to see them play senior rugby first but the signs are good. Allan A will have to lose some weight though.

Status
Not open for further replies.