• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 IRB Junior World Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
When does the comp end? Are they back in time for super rugby to commence? Would love to see some of the contracted guys get done super time especially godwin was good to hear he had a good warm up and am hoping he has the goods in years to come. The West Aussie Adonis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Interesting days coming into SA Rugby. Handre Pollard, Paarl Gyms flyhalf have been picked to replace Johan Goosen in the Bokkie squad.
http://www.dieburger.com/Sport/Rugby/Theron-kies-tiener-vir-o20-uitsoekgroep-20120529

Cant get the english version, but grew up with his dad and watched him since his u13 days. Look like a lock in his own age group, 96kgs and 1.9m tall. Kust be the first time a schoolboy in SA get picked for the Bokkies. Outstanding talented, kicked it since his u16 from everywhere in his own half and these days love to attack. Looking forward to see him in the WC and know he wont disappoint me.

22052012115253Handre-Pollard.jpg

Handre is Paarl Gyms captain and will also captain WP in the u18 Craven Week in July.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Here's the Ireland squad for the championships. Stand out name would be Paddy Jackson, who although he had a poor HEC final was very impressive in Ulster's semi final. Other than him there are maybe 6-7 players who've had Pro12 game time this year.

The team finished 2nd in the 6-nations and only lost to England in the grand slam decided in the final game.

Tadhg Beirne, Shane Buckley, Jake Cawley, Jordon Coghlan, Sam Coghlan Murray, Jack Conan, Aaron Conneely, Barry Daly, Chris Farrell, Tadhg Furlong, Conor Gilsenan, J.J. Hanrahan, Iain Henderson, Foster Horan, Paddy Jackson, Shane Layden,Kieran Marmion, Cathal Marsh, Luke McGrath, Des Merry, Peter Nelson, Alan O'Connor, Stuart Olding, James Rael, Peter Reilly, Niall Scannell, Mikey Sherlock, Josh Van Der Flierk.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
That's pretty damn impressive Paarl, I don't think I've ever heard of that happening in Australia or NZ either. Must be one to watch for the future, potential 3 or so years of u20's.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
That's pretty damn impressive Paarl, I don't think I've ever heard of that happening in Australia or NZ either. Must be one to watch for the future, potential 3 or so years of u20's.
Been a roller coaster ride for Pollard in a week. last week he was still fighting for a spot in WP Craven Week side. Lead his team this weekend to a very close win against Wynberg and myself just hope he'll play in this years Paarl Interschools. Have the perfect mentor in Louis Koen who is head of sport at Paarl Gym and now part of Meyers Bok coaching staff.

Again in afrikaans but their thoughts

http://www.paarlpost.co.za/22462/news/article/skoolseun-n-baba-bok

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Here's the Ireland squad for the championships. Stand out name would be Paddy Jackson, who although he had a poor HEC final was very impressive in Ulster's semi final.

Yeah - Paddy has been a revelation to me in the 2nd half of the season but had an unhappy HC Final - wasn't the only one in the Ulster team, mind. He was good in lead up games but the occasion was a bit much for him on the day. Humphries should have come on earlier IMO.

ASAP he should be the backup for Sexton in the national team IMO. I don't think it does much good trotting ROG out these days.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)

I believe that Oz Schools players can't be chosen for anything but schools rugby. I don't have a link to that info any more but I think that is right, or it used to be. The link I had related to the IRB U/19 tournament when that used to be held.

Anybody know anything more definite?

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I believe that Oz Schools players can't be chosen for anything but schools rugby. I don't have a link to that info any more but I think that is right, or it used to be. The link I had related to the IRB U/19 tournament when that used to be held.

Anybody know anything more definite?

Well you simply couldn't. To play at Oz Schools you have to be at School, to be at School you can't take 3 weeks off in the middle of June.

In theory if you were an excellent school aged player that didn't see school as the path they wanted to take you could probably go this route, otherwise probably not.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I believe that Oz Schools players can't be chosen for anything but schools rugby. .
Pollard had to get special permission to play. Our June holidays is just around the corner but knowing Paarl Gym well, they'll do anything to help him to reach for his dream. We are not nr1 in SA rugby for nothing.
PaarlPost Qoute
Pollard het vandeesweek aan Paarl Post gesê dat hy ongelooflik verras was om die nuus te hoor.
Natuurlik moes ek eers by almal toestemming kry om in die oefengroep ingesluit te word,” vertel Pollard wat vanjaar reeds 118 punte vir Paarl Gimnasium se o.19A-span aangeteken het.
Pollard, wat vanjaar in verskeie wedstryde as Speler van die Wedstryd aangewys is, het seersekerlik bygedra dat Gimnasium nou die nommer een rugbyskool in Suid-Afrika is.
“Wat in my guns tel, is dat ek groot is en kontak kan maak, op die aanval en die verdediging. Ek is glad nie bang om kontak te maak nie,” vertel hy.

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
I know this has probably been answered previously but when is Australia's first game and is it televised?

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
ah sorry, apparently they aren't doing a live stream this year. Looks like the IRB are making good money of exclusive TV rights and streaming would take away from this.

http://www.irb.com/jwc/news/newsid=2062306.html#jwc+2012+record+tv+coverage

They say they are doing live updates and highlights though.

Anyway, there still will be ways to watch it for people without fox. Send a PM to me if you need a way to watch the games...

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Can anyone else see anything when you click the link for "a full list of broadcasters" it's coming up blank when I click it.

G

Grandstand

Jock Merriman a late inclusion in the Oz squad. Hard to see where he is going to fit in and how he rates above Donlan given his form with Uni colts this year. Dargaville on the wing? Big calls by the selectors, lets hope they got it right.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Australia​
Australia v Scotland​
4 June​
14.45​
New Zealand v Samoa​
4 June​
16.45​
South Africa v Ireland​
4 June​
18.45​