• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Australia vs New Zealand - 20 Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.

tic

Herbert Moran (7)
Thought Palu had a good game. Always got over the line in contact. We've missed him. Phipps was shocking. Douglas was awesome. Hooper was very average. TPN was crap as it gets. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) did nothing but drop the ball.

Perfect summary. Cannot fault this.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
It really looked like no-one had practiced it at all - seemed to be no initiative to get in there.

I actually think the wallabies had the right idea playing for the penalty.

The all blacks were too scared to try anything and we were making pretty easy metres trucking it up.

The vibe was with us. If the player cleaning out had have been a second slower he probably would have hit a defender instead of diving over.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
More positives-with Deans not actually losing this game, guess you are stuck can enjoy his coaching style for another year?

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
I actually thought Joubert was excellent.

Fair enough. I think he's one of the better referees around, but tonight I thought he just made some unusual rulings. It is partly a problem with the laws though, like in the scrums.

Does anyone know why the game wasn't played under the new trial laws? I believe both teams requested them to be used.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Fair enough. I think he's one of the better referees around, but tonight I thought he just made some unusual rulings. It is partly a problem with the laws though, like in the scrums.

Does anyone know why the game wasn't played under the new trial laws? I believe both teams requested them to be used.
Wallabies said no

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
OK, one gone, another gently warned.
No more provincial, off-topic bullshit baiting.
Walk away from the argument, don't start a new one.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)

I believe NZ requested them and then the Wallabies rejected the idea.

On the breakdown situation, any game involving the AB's and Wallabies is going to be on the edge of the laws. They both contest this area of the game so effectively. If a ref let's it run, then he is freezing and letting the (insert AB's or Wallabies depending on who you support) get away with murder. If he polices it closely he ruins the flow of the game. The middle ground is non existant at this level. I would prefer they just call everything and put the onus on the teams to comply.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)

I think Australia turned it down.

Great test match. But I think NZ should have been awarded that try.

Possibly he means Conrad Smith inferring that Harris maybe didn't plant the ball? Aaron Smith's he just knocked it on. Cory Jane's would have been nice, foot on the line though.

Maybe someone will get a video of Harris planting the ball? In real time it looked like he did.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Pretty weird sort of feeling. If someone had offered me a draw at the start of the game, I would have taken it in a heartbeat. But the ABs were there for the taking, but we just lacked the skill and composure to put them away. Which I suppose is predictable given the inexperienced team we fielded.

The main positive for me was the fact that everyone just got stuck in. It wasn't pretty but they never stopped trying. TPN dropped it a few times but ran like a cannonball for the 70 he was on. Sharpie put everything in, as usual. Palu looked good. Douglas was a real bright spark, and why Robbie took him off I'll never know. Higgers gave a bit of niggle which got me right fired up.

The negatives are all as they were in previous games. The backline didn't fire a shot, not even on counter. Tapuai looked ok and deserves another shot. Cummins battled hard. Harris kicked well but can't help feeling he just isn't up to it in attack, so it's a tough one. KB (Kurtley Beale) good with not much support. Phipps very average, even though the forwards didn't offer him much in the way of options. We badly miss JOC (James O'Connor) and Digby, but most of all Genia.

So I'm not sure what to think. I'm happy. It was all in all a gutsy effort. Well done guys.

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
Wallabies said no

Ah ok, can't help thinking the crouch-touch-set call might've made the scrums a bit more stable. They seem to be reducing the number of penalties/resets.

The Harris/Conrad Smith incident definitely deserved a look from the TMO, I think Harris forced it but it was certainly closer than everyone first thought.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
So was there any reason why Joubert conveniently forgot that knocking the ball on to your team mate is a penalty, when I think Reid knocked on to Nonu after a kick off but pulled Phipps up for claiming one of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) dropping the ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.