• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Australia vs New Zealand - 20 Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well I thought Joubert had a good game, and thought Wallabies would be pretty pleased. Personally thought it a bloody good test, good and tough, and though the consecutive test record not broken, I can actually handle that as I not a big worrier about such things, anyway All Blacks can still go for most tests without loss. I still like the way Beale playing at 10, think he answer for Wallabies. All in all will go to bed and think all is ok with world.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Beale kicked the ball half to much in the second half (i thought it was an insturction from Deans, Great tactics!) and half built any pressure. Could be a 10 for australia but will take a lot of work. I'd rather QC (Quade Cooper) atm.

Vanuatu Chiefs

Sydney Middleton (9)
Whilst there was not a lot to like about this contest as a spectacle, the closeness of the scoreline & both sides having to survive separate yellow card periods, created tension throughout. Chances were there for each to snatch victory after the bell. It really looked like the Wallabies were going to conjure up a loss at the death.

Composure was largely missing in both camps but there was much guts & gumption on display.

The Wallabies can take solace that their injury plagued side kept the ABs tryless. This was a vastly improved effort at the breakdown than the last up flaccid effort at Eden Park.

The Wallabies certainly lift their intensity at Suncorp even though there were many All Blacks chants.

Probably the best aspect from the Wallabies' viewpoint is the confidence that they are entitled to draw upon matching it with the world's best. Moving forward to the EOYT there's little evidence of a toxic environment and hopes afoot that Team Rehab can see more of its members return to the fray.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Tapuai is fucking class. He doesn't get involved enough, but every time he touched the ball he looked dangerous.

Cummins was strong in contact. Harris's boot kept us in the game.

I'd switch the centres around. You can't have McCabe crabbing around the mid-field in phase play, he doesn't have the feet for it. He looked far more dangerous running the outside line.

I wouldn't even take Phipps on the tour he was that poor. Might as well bring the next generation (prior, frisby or stirzaker) through. Phipps is slower than gregan was at the end of his career. Feel sorry for beale having to try and work with that.

R

randalf8

Tapuai is fucking class. He doesn't get involved enough, but every time he touched the ball he looked dangerous.

I'd switch the centres around. You can't have McCabe crabbing around the mid-field in phase play, he doesn't have the feet for it. He looked far more dangerous running the outside line.

I wouldn't even take Phipps on the tour he was that poor. Might as well bring the next generation (prior, frisby or stirzaker) through. Phipps is slower than gregan was at the end of his career. Feel sorry for beale having to try and work with that.

McCabe crossed the line every time he got his hands on the ball. Quit being desperate to insert one of your reds into the 12 jersey.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
* Although there were no tries and HEAPS or errors I still enjoyed the game.
* Wallabies played weel. Just the small errors - dropped balls etc at crucial times that let them down. Deserved 2nd world ranked I reckon.
* Nathan Sharpe is just a great guy. His game isn't quite what it used to be but jeez I'd buy the man a few drinks in a heart-beat.
* Kevin Mealamu - a loooooong time favourite player of mine. Thanks Kevvy.....well done iso.
* Dead-set Higgers is a bit of a scrub. This isn't the first time I've seen him try to sneak in a bit of a dirty play. I hope he gets a few weeks.....4 at least.
* I've been calling for KB (Kurtley Beale) at 10 for a while now.....I hope he gets to play there all year next year at the Rebels and then the Wallabies.

Finally, I think tonite could be the first step this young Wallaby team takes towards being consistently challenging at probably even beating the ABs over the next 5-10 years. Some very good players coming through and still to come back from injury......it's all good news for world rugby!!

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Thought Palu had a good game. Always got over the line in contact. We've missed him. Phipps was shocking. Douglas was awesome. Hooper was very average. TPN was crap as it gets. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) did nothing but drop the ball.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
McCabe crossed the line every time he got his hands on the ball. Quit being desperate to insert one of your reds into the 12 jersey.

Has nothing to do with the reds mate.

In the tight McCabe looks direction-less with ball in hand on anything other than first phase play. I reckon he'd benefit from playing wider with a bit more time and space.

R

randalf8

McCabe doesn't look directionless at all. He runs toward the friggen tryline and almost always gets us closer to it.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

I gotta agree. McCabe is strong, but not at all creative (well, not in Tests) whereas Tapuai looks to be more. It certainly couldn't hurt.

R

randalf8

Do you ever have anything positive to contribute?

Have complimented both Beale and McCabe in this thread.How that is less "positive" than suggesting that the guys that played tonight be pulled for ones that didn't, you tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.