• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Australia vs New Zealand - 20 Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Deans never ceases to amaze.
- I find it hard to fathom that Cummins is now perferred to Shipperley. Shipperley has looked the goods during the RC. The highest praise anyone will ever give Cummins is that he's "solid" (IMO). That just ain't gonna cut it against the All Blacks. Shipperley's form for the Reds show him to be a class finisher and he was warming nicely to test rugby.
- You'd go for Mitchell ahead of both if he's in form but you cant just come back into world class form straight away. Seriously have we learnt nothing over the last 12 months.
- I think everyone agrees Palu is our first choice no.8 but again he has 0 game time under his belt and we expect him to go in and out-play Kieran Read. wtf. Why not choose Samo. I thought he's did a pretty decent job at the back of the scrum during the RC.

My comment appears to be superfluous. Apparently Shipperley and Samo are both injured

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hooker Saia Fainga'a has a broken bone in his hand and will be replaced by fellow Reds rake James Hanson, while scans will reveal if winger Dom Shipperley requires surgery for an ongoing wrist complaint.

Read more: [URL='http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugby-union/australia-rugby/wallabies-set-for-riskier-all-blacks-approach-20121016-27oxr.html#ixzz29S2sBbDc[/QUOTE']http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugby-union/australia-rugby/wallabies-set-for-riskier-all-blacks-approach-20121016-27oxr.html#ixzz29S2sBbDc[/URL]

Hence the Honey Badger as first choice.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)

drewprint

Alan Cameron (40)
There is, it's in a new sub-forum called 'Rugby Matches.' Which begs the question - if threads now need to be approved by mods first before publication, how did this one slip by?

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
I don't think this is a high impact bench. So what will the substitution plan be?
I doubt Palu has 80mins in his tank. So looking at the bench you either out Dennis on and shift higgers to 8 or you put Gill on.
I'm betting Douglas see's no gametime unless there is an injury to timani or sharpe, gill will get his 8minutes probably.
Hopefully Robbo can last 50minutes. Or will we see the tactical sub again...
With Smoo on the bench there'll be a big reshuffle if we need to sub a back (unless it's a winger of course). And as he's injury prone right now, I wouldn't be surprised if phipps gets his third turn at wing.
Deans is sucha huge fan of reshuffling the backs to make subsitutions. Surely he should know that a game can come down to match ups - can you figure out what your man is doing, how to contain him, beat hime etc... over 80mins you can get the wood on someone. That's harder when you chop and change position, who you mark.
I can't think of a top 10 country that would include Harris as an international fullback. Do we really not rate the importance of that position. I know he can kick, but still.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
"<There is, it's in a new sub-forum called 'Rugby Matches.' Which begs the question - if threads now need to be approved by mods first before publication, how did this one slip by?>"

Many people still have the ability to post threads, which seems to be a major misundstanding.
Anyway there is a thread. So this one moved.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Best side we could have picked under the circumstances. Or very, very close to it. Don't mind Samo getting a rest, keep him a bit fresh as he will no doubt be needed on the EOYT.

Also nice to see HB and Taps hold their spots, give them another week to prove themselves after some good signs in Rosario.

We will probably lose, but stranger things have happened.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Not in Aus? Don't have a way to watch the game on TV?

An official stream...

SANZAR NEWS RELEASE
Third Bledisloe Cup match to be available online to selected territories

SANZAR would like to remind all that their online viewing service, available towards the tail-end of 2012 Super Rugby and throughout The Rugby Championship, will be offering coverage in most of the same territories for the third Bledisloe Cup match.

The fixture, to be held at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, will see the Qantas Wallabies take on the All Blacks on Saturday 20th October (local time).

Kick-off is at 8pm AEST (9pm AEDST, 11pm NZT).

The package will be available only in the following countries: United States, Romania, Italy, Russia, Georgia, Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Italy, Slovakia, Turkey, Croatia, Greece, Cyprus, Albania, Kosovo, Serbia, Slovenia, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro, Switzerland, Poland, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Iceland, Brazil, Mexico, Panama, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Honduras, Venezuela, Bermuda, Cuba, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Bahamas, Trinidad & Tobago, Barbados.

Please note the following: Pricing and packages will be available on www.therugbychampionship.livesport.tv If you are unsure of the availability of the package in your country, simply go to the site, and if you are able to access the payment options, the matches will be available in your territory.

The third Bledisloe Cup test is an international fixture between the Qantas Wallabies and All Blacks, and is not part of The Rugby Championship.

The online viewing packages will be available for the 2013 Super Rugby season and the 2013 Edition of The Rugby Championship.

The new service, successfully trialled this year, will allow viewers from many countries, especially in Europe and South America, to watch The Rugby Championship, featuring the top-three nations in world rugby – the All Blacks, Wallabies and Springboks – and new additions the Pumas.

PERFORM, who will work with SANZAR in delivering this service, has one of the largest sports rights portfolios for over 200 sporting codes, and last year delivered nearly 3 billion video streams, and has a reach of hundreds of million sporting fans.

The package is accessible by clicking on the below banner or online via

Ends

Fireworks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Not a fan of Mitchell on the bench... I mean at least go with a utility so there's no backline reshuffle.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Not a fan of Mitchell on the bench. I mean at least go with a utility so there's no backline reshuffle.

If Mitchell had played more I would have had less concern

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will do the shuffling.

My concern is how healthy is he? How long has he been in intensive training?

If he has been hitting every milestone at training then OK. I have the same query with Palu

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
If Mitchell had played more I would have had less concern

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will do the shuffling.

My concern is how healthy is he? How long has he been in intensive training?

If he has been hitting every milestone at training then OK. I have the same query with Palu

Especially when he is the sole non-halfback back reserve.

I would have thought you would need to pick someone you were happy to play close to the full 80.

If you're happy that Mitchell is up for close to a full game (how, I don't know?) you would start him.

If you're not you're playing roulette.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Maybe we should ask - who would you play in the centres if 2 backs go down? Higgers or Palu?

easy, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) & Cummins (a solid 13) Mitchell & Phipps on the wings or Harris & Cummins with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to 15

Status
Not open for further replies.