• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2010 Wallabies End of Year Tour (EOYT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
I'd go by the ARU listing of Gill as 90kgs as his top weight at the minute.

Forget him as a back; his value is at the breakdown, linking and covering tackles; always has been, always will be. Let's all hope that he can put on weight because his rugby instinct is every bit as good as McCaw's was at the same age.***

[*** Near enough - by judging McCaw in the U/21 tournament in Sydney].

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What I was most impressed by Gill was that he didn't back down for an 18 y/o. Saw him giving some lip to the Kiwis and Saffers during the scrums and some niggle off the ball

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I've never seen Gill but you guys seem to rate him pretty highly for such a young bloke (makes me feel like I've done nothing with my life).

This was until qwerty's post and all I could think about was Tom Carter

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Sometimes, we all need a shoulder to cry on...

13880.2.jpg

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Yeah, looks at least 4-5 kgs of upper body muscle added. He could have a big year in the S15 next year.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I agree. Based on the form of the 7's team, I would take Gill and Morahan over Turner. Turner will probably get a spot based on his performance against the AB's in Sydney though.

BUT would taking Gill mean that Hodgson would miss out?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I would definitely still take Turner, and if it came down to Turner and Morahan, I'd still take Turner. But I'd take both over McCabe and Cummins. In fact I'd probably take Mozza over Davies too, as I don't think the pure speed game will suit those conditions up there.

I'd have to relook at the squad, but I'd take Gill. Not for Hodgo though.

T

TOCC

Id take Turner over Morahan, although Morahan has some bulk about him which seems to be a bit of a fetish of Robbie Deans.

As for Gill, well they might have to take both, it largely depends how big the squad is, Hodgson is the back up openside flanker behind Pocock but there is no other openside behind that. Since they are playing up to 3 games in 7 days, its might be necessary to include a bit more depth at openside so they can keep Pocock fresh and wont run the risk of overplaying Hodgson.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
One would hope Deans and the Wallabies brains trust don't even consider TPN and Chisholm unless they're 110% fit. Considering the importance of these two players they'd be of much more value to Australia completely fit and rested next year. On the other hand I'm itching to see how Simmons and Douglas go against NH opposition with the extended preparation of a tour. Fainga'a and Charles also have a priceless opportunity to show they're capable of competing against big burly NH forwards on heavy grounds.

Happy Birthday Lindommer!

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I'm a bit shocked by this sentiment to replace Hodgson with anyone from sevens.

Remember Hodgson's actual performances in Super rugby this year!

No performance by any sevens player in this tournament is in the same league, even against comparatively minimal opposition.

T

TOCC

I'm a bit shocked by this sentiment to replace Hodgson with anyone from sevens.

Remember Hodgson's actual performances in Super rugby this year!

No performance by any sevens player in this tournament is in the same league, even against comparatively minimal opposition.

what are you talking about, everyone has said that they wouldnt replace hodgson with gill

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
what are you talking about, everyone has said that they
wouldnt replace hodgson with gill

Joe Mac asked:

BUT would taking Gill mean that Hodgson would miss out?

I was responding to that. I'm pleased that everyone agrees with me, but felt it was due courtesy to answer the question. :)

T

TOCC

fair enough, i wouldnt say there was a sentiment towards replacing Hodgson with Gill though

Status
Not open for further replies.