• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2010 QLD Club Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

runsonrum

Allen Oxlade (6)
TOCC said:
gotta say i was disgusted with one of the GPS players the other day at Sunnybank, after the game he had a go at the touch judge, what amazed me even more was the fact that there were GPS club officials just standing right there, they witnessed the issue and they didnt step in.

Its against the ethos of rugby, and lowered my opinion of the GPS club as a whole.

I can assure you that the player who gobbed off at the touch judge has been well and truly "spoken" to regarding his unacceptable behaviour.

And I think it is a bit rough to expect those club officals to have stepped in, because it was 5 words said, so hardly time to step in; I was there and I also saw the look on their faces, they were not impressed at all.

I don't think it is against the ethos of rugby to sledge the ref or the touchy from the sidelines at club footy. It certainly is when said with such vitriol as in this instance to which you refer though.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Tell you what just had a look through those teams can't imagine Turinui burning blokes for speed at his new role as fullback :lmao:

unsub god

Herbert Moran (7)
gotta say i was disgusted with one of the GPS players the other day at Sunnybank, after the game he had a go at the touch judge, what amazed me even more was the fact that there were GPS club officials just standing right there, they witnessed the issue and they didnt step in.

Its against the ethos of rugby, and lowered my opinion of the GPS club as a whole.

Sounds fairly typical of a jeeps crowd to me :yay

D

Doc

unsub god said:

Sounds fairly typical of a jeeps crowd to me :yay

Still no where as bad as that time the Sunnybank player accosted the Souths coach post game.

T

TOCC

interesting that UQ have Johno Lance playing at 15, maybe the Reds requested he play there to test the water for 2011.

G

Geronimo

just got back from the Breakers game. We got up 24-17. Pretty scrappy game but in the end breakers enthusiasm got us home. The Sunnybank scrum ripped us a new one, but we got our own at the breakdown. I was dissappointed that Gill didn't play, was looking forward to seeing him go round. Butler held his own but will need more size. Salmon worked hard. Overall we deserved our win but both backlines showed a fair bit of disorganization. Steve (pretty boy) Lesneski(?) was a pain as usual and gave out 3-4 yellows, mainly to the Sunnybank boys. Anae was OK and while Lucas made a few mistakes he showed that he has good skills and courage to burn. He is actually quite stocky. But a wins a win and we'll take it

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
That's stuffed up my tipping. Good effort by the Breakers, and a good result for all the other teams as well.

C

chief

Week 6 results

Gold Coast 24 bt Sunnybank 17 (Friday night)
Brothers 41 bt Souths 12
Easts 22 bt GPS 5
Norths 24 bt Sunshine Coast 22
University 42 bt Wests 24

Norths are looking the real deal this year, Brothers caning Souths, Sunnybank bought back to reality.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Looks like the Filth are getting their mojo back. What a big win!

I went to Yoku Park yesterday and witnessed a massive defensive effort from the Tigers. They were down a man at one stage with Josh Parry in the bin but refused to let GPS over. The only GPS try came from an intercept.

Sam Satui at 15 for GPS looked very dangerous everytime he had the ball, very elusive broken play runner.

Had to laugh when Johnny Wilder, the Easts winger charged down the conversion attempt. Haven't seen that too often.

T

TOCC

runsonrum said:
TOCC said:

I can assure you that the player who gobbed off at the touch judge has been well and truly "spoken" to regarding his unacceptable behaviour.

And I think it is a bit rough to expect those club officals to have stepped in, because it was 5 words said, so hardly time to step in; I was there and I also saw the look on their faces, they were not impressed at all.

I don't think it is against the ethos of rugby to sledge the ref or the touchy from the sidelines at club footy. It certainly is when said with such vitriol as in this instance to which you refer though.
fair enough, was a pretty cowardly act from the player though, standing up on the terrace amongst a crowd of people yelling at a touch judge on the sidelines by himself..

yeah real tough dickhead

D

Doc

Noddy said:
teams here:

http://qru.com.au/verve/_resources/Round_7_file.pdf

Brothers v Norths should be a cracker!

as should Sunny Coast v the Bank - note Morgs is on the bench and Greg Holmes is back playing club straight away! Well done spud.

Ezy E Taylor on the side of the scrum for Uni v Souths (yet another great game. What a comp!)

Agreed about the comp. Surely year in year out one of the best rugby comps worldwide.

Disagree with souths uni being a good one. Uni should cake walk that in. Weakest Souths pack in last 3 years.

T

tranquility

Ex Western Force lock Pat O'Connor playings for Geeps this weekend.

If anyone gets out there take a few notes on the big fella, their were massive wraps on him when he made his debut about 4 season back.

T

tranquility

Please, Chappo should have been playing lock his entire career. Captain'd ozzy schools from lock, some experiment with him at 6 with Queensland stuck and he never took off anywhere.

He is one of the big disappointments in Australian rugby.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
They're back..!!

I ventured down to Crosby Park today to watch the Filth gt up over Norths 27-17, in hat was a great match. I think Donelly bagged a hat trick and Connor got a brace for Norths. Pretty exciting stuff and a game that Brothers only secured in the last minute.

Norths has a big pack and they really took it to the bretheren. Will Genia's older brother Francis played at 10 for Norths. Has the same sweet pass as his younger brother.

Brothers scored the sweetest try I've seen all year in club land. I hope someone has the video for the comp.

I have heard Easts got up over Wests and Uni downed Souths. Uni skipping away at the top of the ladder?

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
Let's hope the margin (+20) held for the Dogs...I'm looking at 5/5 in the tipping comp if it did assuming GPs got belted

R

rugbywhisperer

I left the Breakers Game v GPS a teeny bit early but Breakers got the bonus point and were ahead 24 - 3 Ithink.
James Slipper played really well and it was great to see Jarad Butler get a start at 8. He has come along very well and looks solid and secure in himself at 8.
Brett Stapleton is still fast and that is it - no clue at all, but when you have someone that fast surely you would want to get him the ball every now and then. Breakers #10 was content to kick away reasonable good posession time after time.
GPS tried hard but just couldn't crack it. It appears they are sheltering Matty Garland a bit as he was starved of ball and seemed lost at times. The kid has potential but I think tries too hard to make gain when security and basics are more important.
All in all a far better game for the coasters that the colts affair where GPS won 22-19 after taking a big try lead very early.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Looking forward to seeing the lineups for this weekend given the return to Club of a fair number of Reds. You would imagine that sides like Sunnybank and Souths will be a lot stronger.

Might head out to Shaw Park this Saturday to see top of the table Uni take on Norths, who had their chance to win the game against Brothers last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.