• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

This has been discussed and explained. They will say nothing because they have a conflict of interest and will benefit from the axing. Do not expect altruism from anybody involved in Professional Rugby management in this country.

ARU had already signed the new contracts with SANZAAR when they took the option to the table at the EGM.. ARU signed away the rights to 5 teams before they ever conferred with the members unions, is be interested to see the hole the ARU had dug themselves into when they presented it to the other unions.

B

BLR

I think what he means is we are rubbish and the Saffa's are better so we should be cutting two teams. But the SARU are good blokes so took the fall and 'cut' two of their own.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Then you have nothing to moan about. You were suppose to lose two teams on merit.

SARU drove the whole 18 team expansion, NZ and AUS were happy with the 15 team comp.
They also drove the 2 conferences in SA to guarantee 2 SA teams in the finals.
The reason we are in this mess is because of SA politics, and it looks as though the only country to lose a team because of it is Aus.
The largest responsibility for arranging this mess lays with SA.
The second is with NZ and Aus allowing it to happen even when all the advice was that it would not work well.
Aus being weak willed allowed themselves to be shafted at every step and are still doing it.
We don't have to even go with it now, but Clyne is too stubborn to change direction for the good of Aus rugby, players and finance.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
SARU drove the whole 18 team expansion, NZ and AUS were happy with the 15 team comp.
They also drove the 2 conferences in SA to guarantee 2 SA teams in the finals.
The reason we are in this mess is because of SA politics, and it looks as though the only country to lose a team because of it is Aus.
The largest responsibility for arranging this mess lays with SA.
The second is with NZ and Aus allowing it to happen even when all the advice was that it would not work well.
Aus being weak willed allowed themselves to be shafted at every step and are still doing it.
We don't have to even go with it now, but Clyne is too stubborn to change direction for the good of Aus rugby, players and finance.

You mean Sanzar, your ONeil drive this shite.

moa999

Bill Watson (15)
Do we know what agreement the ARU has with SANZAAR and what penalties they ARU may be up for if they fail to cut a team??

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Do we know what agreement the ARU has with SANZAAR and what penalties they ARU may be up for if they fail to cut a team??

I doubt there is anything at all, I think it is just that Clyne probably guaranteed it, too stubborn to back out. If there was I'm sure we would have been shown it by now or at least told of its existence.
I also imagine, maybe Derpus can help us here, that they can not do it retrospectively because Aus could veto any new penalty.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
have you read that article?

"We really understand the desire for that from South Africa," Peters said. "The Kings have 32% of the playing population, and 72% of that is coloured. We understand the need for six teams in South Africa."

I have read that and hate the increase of teams in SupeRugby during that time. Some of the Aussie posters on this thread actually love the idea but now are moaning.

Edit: See now your are a newbie on the board.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/s18-on-its-way.13275/page-30#post-814217

B

BLR

I have read that and hate the increase of teams in SupeRugby during that time. Some of the Aussie posters on this thread actually love the idea but now are moaning.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/s18-on-its-way.13275/page-30#post-814217

Putting this kind of comment out there smacks of 'I told you so mentality' and pretty juvenile. We get it, you're super smart and we're all dummies.

As for the newbie comment in regards to Killer, us Force fans have our own very active forum. Most of us, including myself, would lurk here and there but mostly stick to ourselves on our own forum.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

The expansion to 18 teams seemed like a very positive thing, especially after the success of Argentina and Japan in RWC 2015...........

But the format that has been arranged is bollocks (SA teams not playing any NZ teams, Japan in the SA conference, 2 SA conferences etc), and interest in the competition has dramatically fallen off..........

Now is the time for a proper shake up of the format - reducing a few teams isn't going to do much.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
There's likely no penalties.

But the invitation for next year will be for 4 Australian teams in a 15 team comp with an agreed split of broadcast money.

To change that will require unanimous agreement from all 4 SANZAAR nations. Would they do it, what concessions they will require from the ARU and what can the ARU do if they don't? Who knows?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
As an example, if the sunwolves make way for the force, who do you reckon will have to cop most of the loss of Japanese broadcasting fees?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.