• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Not existing compared to playing against Japanese teams?

We'll take the Japanese teams thanks.

Maybe the hardcore fans of G&G would, but not any decision makers or the majority of the fanbase.

Keep in mind it'd have to be sustainable long term.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Has this become the most boring thread in the history of rugby, if not the most boring of any genre at all?

Must be right up there.

half

Dick Tooth (41)
Has this become the most boring thread in the history of rugby, if not the most boring of any genre at all?

Must be right up there.

Enlighten us then, how do we arrest the current decline or is their no hope and once the boomers are gone so is rugby.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Must be right up there.

Over 7200 posts and 361 pages suggests that it retains some interest. But boredom is very much in the eye of the beholder.

In fact, super rugby seems to be suffering from terminal boredom/disengagement. There were a few games over the weekend in case you missed them (most people did I suspect).

Anyway, in one match one of the teams that is to be chopped (the Kings) beat the Jaguares (in Argentina). The other game was an all SA affair and I caught about 15 minutes of a replay on the weekend. Seemed like a reasonable game - better than any Aussie game that I've watched. I only lasted a short time as I've lost all interest in the competition.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Has this become the most boring thread in the history of rugby, if not the most boring of any genre at all? Must be right up there.

Oh, so that's for you to decide alone is it, despite reams of genuine contributions in this thread that has been, by and large, quite constructive and thought-provoking and clearly yielded up by many good rugby fans with a sincere passion for the code and their local club or Super team.

If it's 'boring' by your definition, then, touché, I think you are in a tangential sense a bore-builder in this thread as you consistently do two things:

(a) over and over again you throw your ever-repeated hand grenade into the thread, namely, and essentially, that the code here is fatally doomed by exogenous factors over which we and the game's governors have no control, nothing can be done, it's all the laws' and not the governors' fault, let's just wait for the slow death and accept our impotence and the inevitability of it all, and

(b) when you make these statements and (sometimes) seek counters from others here, we make them politely and mostly thoughtfully in rebuttal and you...........never respond either at all, or, when you do, it's a dose of the deflecting, acerbic and patronising all rolled into one but, crucially, you never actually deal with the substance of the many good counter-arguments and supporting facts sent your way. In this, your request for respondents gradually appears less than sincere.

(a) + (b) = concludes = you have an near-obsessive point of view (in that it is not open to rational debate) a la that of the flat earth proposition, you want to assert it over and over again, but you don't desire constructive and meaningful dialogue with anyone else.

So, my point being, don't serve me up 'boring' when you don't help to make it less so.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Why hasn't it even be entertained, it's easy to dismiss such an option, but having a professional team and offering those pathways is still better then nothing

It hasn't been entertained because the people charged with running the game in Australia never have a plan B (and rarely in fact have a plan A).

Note the difference in the approach of the SARU - straight way thinking outside the square to get teams a run in Europe. South Africa would have far more ability that Australia to absorb those players into semi-pro local leagues, but they still think of better options.

Status
Not open for further replies.