• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

If Mafi does go the Force will need to look for a quality winger. It was mentioned by the Force that the Badgers knee condition was something that needed to be managed so who knows if he will be a reliable starter week in week out. Wonder if we could get David Smith back.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
There is no way that Fa'ainga is a better hooker than Charles. As has been said, Charles is 4th, and I agree with that.
I have also heard the Morahan rumour. Thats good news.
Didnt know about Zac Holmes or Prior, they would be good to get as well, especially bringing Zac Holmes home.

I had thought that Mafi signed with a Japanese club some time ago?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
O'Connor hints at Force return

Western Force are set to make a shock bid to bring Wallabies star James O'Connor back to the Super Rugby club.

Club representatives will talk to O'Connor after he told friends and Force associates during his time in Perth last week that he would be happy to return.

A highly-placed Force source said management had been made aware of his comments and would be talking to O'Connor to see how serious he was about a move.
Read More: http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...-force-return/

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
It makes sense to bring O'Connor back into the fold. He left because he thought the joint was headed in the wrong direction and no one was making changes.

He was right, a lot of changes have been made. Maybe he's keen to head back to where it all started.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
He also wouldn't fit in cap wise at the reds and probably waratahs depending on who re-signs. The brumbies don't seem too interested.

I think he'll wait and see who the new rebels coach is and how the force go in the second half of the season and then sign a new contract in 3 or so months time.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
i would welcome him back with out a second thought.

This would be my backline next year if all targets sign.

9 Mathewson
10 Zack Holmes
11 Mafi
12 Godwin
13 Cummins
14 JOC (James O'Connor)
15 Morahan

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
If JOC (James O'Connor) comes back he will play 12 or 10 because he will stipulate that's where he want to play. If Beale goes it will be hard to get him because he will be inline for playing 10 at the rebels

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
If JOC (James O'Connor) comes back he will play 12 or 10 because he will stipulate that's where he want to play. If Beale goes it will be hard to get him because he will be inline for playing 10 at the rebels
beale is out now and they still have him playing 15

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I have always felt JOC (James O'Connor) should be a 13 or 12 but i think it all depends ont he type of players you have around him. One thing is for sure the next move he makes will define his career

In regards to a 2014 team i wouldnt mind seeing

9.Matthewson
10.Holmes
12.CTM
13.JOC (James O'Connor)
14.Morahan
15.Godwin

never will happen but a man can dream......but i really do feel that Godwin would be an immense 15 with his skills and running ability

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I have always felt JOC (James O'Connor) should be a 13 or 12 but i think it all depends ont he type of players you have around him. One thing is for sure the next move he makes will define his career

In regards to a 2014 team i wouldnt mind seeing

9.Matthewson
10.Holmes
12.CTM
13.JOC (James O'Connor)
14.Morahan
15.Godwin

never will happen but a man can dream..but i really do feel that Godwin would be an immense 15 with his skills and running ability
Im hoping nay praying that CTM get a run very very soon. Im not sure why he hasnt already because from what i saw at the trials he was impressive

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Madness Re-Signs until 2015!!!

Rampaging lock Hugh McMeniman has committed to the next stage of the Emirates Western Force’s relaunch by re-signing with the club for a further two seasons.

McMeniman, who is yet to complete negotiations with the Australian Rugby Union, has been a star performer in the Emirates Western Force pack this season, starting in the second row in all but one of the Emirates Western Force’s seven matches.

The 29-year-old returned to Super Rugby this season after three years with Japanese club, the Kubota Spears, having previously spent five seasons with the Queensland Reds.

The powerful, hard-running forward – nicknamed ‘Madness’ – earned 21 Test caps for the Wallabies between 2005 and 2009, including four appearances during Australia’s 2007 Rugby World Cup campaign. McMeniman began his Test career with his debut against Samoa in Sydney in 2005 after progressing through the ranks of Australian rugby with the Australian Schoolboys (2001) and Australia A (2005).

McMeniman’s re-signing follows that of captain Matt Hodgson, who has also recommitted for a further two seasons.

McMeniman says his preference was to stay in Western Australia with the Emirates Western Force.

“I’ve loved playing my rugby here with the Force and in Perth; I’ve really enjoyed being part of the program and being a part of this playing group,” he said.

“The direction we’re heading in is very positive. Already this season we’ve taken a number of big steps as a side; there’s a clear direction in terms of where we want to end up and we’re on our way to achieving that.

“Foles [Michael Foley] and the coaching staff have been fantastic for me and my development, and having Joycey [Head of Athletic Performance, David Joyce] here has been a big bonus for me as well.

“While there was interest elsewhere, I was always keen to stay with the Force. My partner Georgie and I really like living in Perth, we’ve got some great friends here now and I know it’s the best place for me to continue my footy.

“There’s no doubt that we’re building towards some good results in the future and it’s exciting to know I’ll be a part of it.”

Head Coach Michael Foley says McMeniman’s signature is an endorsement for the direction of the Emirates Western Force.

“It’s fantastic to have Hugh re-sign with us and it’s testament to the culture that’s being created within the team,” he said.

“Anyone who’s watched Hugh play will know how competitive and ambitious he is and it’s a ringing endorsement for the blokes he plays with that he wants to continue his career with us here at the Force.”

Meanwhile, Emirates Western Force Forwards Coach Nick Stiles will join the Queensland Reds for the 2014 Super Rugby season.

Stiles informed the club that a desire to return his young family to Brisbane after seven years in Japan and Perth was the key factor for the move back to Queensland.

Stiles, who joined the Emirates Western Force for the 2011 season, will continue his role within the club’s coaching staff through until the end of the 2013 Super Rugby season.

Name: Hugh McMeniman
Born: 01/11/1983
Position: Lock/flanker
Height: 200cm
Weight: 114kg
Representative Rugby: 2005-2008 Wallabies, 2005-2009 Queensland Reds, 2005 Australia A, 2001 Australian Schoolboys

http://www.rugbywa.com.au/NewsEvents...9/Default.aspx

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Im hoping nay praying that CTM get a run very very soon. Im not sure why he hasnt already because from what i saw at the trials he was impressive

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

All very strange i am starting to think its because the coaches only see him as a 12? but Godwin has this position nailed down.

And due to people like Hayward's versatility they are better suited to the bench.

But i am seriously wondering why two of the form player sof trials Stubbs and CTM are yet to get game time.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I'd love to see:

9. Prior
10. Holmes
11. Mafi
12. Godwin
13. JOC (James O'Connor)
14. Cummins
15. Morahan

Good mix of size, speed, pace and control. Multipul kicking options as well. And two local products!

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'd love to see:

9. Prior
10. Holmes
11. Mafi
12. Godwin
13. JOC (James O'Connor)
14. Cummins
15. Morahan

Good mix of size, speed, pace and control. Multipul kicking options as well. And two local products!
I like the look of that back line JOC (James O'Connor) could be Australia’s answer to BOD

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I'd love to see:

9. Prior
10. Holmes
11. Mafi
12. Godwin
13. JOC (James O'Connor)
14. Cummins
15. Morahan

in a perfect world this is the backline i would want. The only reason i didn't suggest this, is that i question the defensive integrity of such a centre partnership.....I don't doubt their individual technique but such a light weight combination would struggle to contain larger centre partnerships

Status
Not open for further replies.