• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs vs Crusaders 2014 Super Rugby Grand Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
In the post match press conference, one of the journos said to Hooper that a month or two ago he saw him skateboarding down at the Manly Corso and whether he could have imagined being in the position he's now in.

Hooper: "I was on the skateboard this morning."

Cheika: "Don't tell me that."

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
In the post match press conference, one of the journos said to Hooper that a month or two ago he saw him skateboarding down at the Manly Corso and whether he could have imagined being in the position he's now in.

Hooper: "I was on the skateboard this morning."

Cheika: "Don't tell me that."
Classic! Hooper must be braver than we even think to tempt fate with Cheika by telling him that!

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
.....And being a bit of an arsehole there was quite a bit of enjoyment had watching Ritchie being penalised to lose the match :cool:

I felt like a real arsehole too because I got more than a reasonable amount of joy seeing Richie be penalised to lose the match again, just like he did in 2011.

But seriously that was a cracking match and played in splendid spirits. Well adjudicated, played with great intent and the result going the way it did only added to my enjoyment. I was genuinely saddened to see Carter go off, I really felt for the guy. But credit to both teams, the officials and the crowd. Excellent advertisement for Rugby! That is the way you do it!

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Does anyone else think Read comes across like a rank sook and a sore loser? He lacked total grace in both demanding the pre game photo take place at the stadium as opposed to in front of the opera house, and then refused to hang around when Hooper was late coming all the way from Moore Park to accommodate his self request.

Then to top it off, after the match he made a smart ass bitter comment to Kafe about how he must be hating the result when asked how he felt.

Guy just has zero class. Made the win even better listening to his poor reaction.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
That's the first I have heard about the photo drama but if I were him, I would be trying to be as inconvenienced as I could be by a photo shoot on the eve/day of the big one.

But I don't know what you're talking about with his post match interview. The guy had just lost a GF at the death by conceding a marginal penalty. I thought he conducted himself well and was I was more endeared to him after that interview than before.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Nah. Listen to him again. Rod Kafer asks him about it being the wrong result and Read says "yeah I bet you're real upset". He sort of pauses realising he's being a dick and then tries to make out like he was talking about the Team.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Nah. Listen to him again. Rod Kafer asks him about it being the wrong result and Read says "yeah I bet you're real upset". He sort of pauses realising he's being a dick and then tries to make out like he was talking about the Team.

I think maybe you're being a bit precious mate. x2 what @Pfitzy said.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Does anyone else think Read comes across like a rank sook and a sore loser? He lacked total grace in both demanding the pre game photo take place at the stadium as opposed to in front of the opera house, and then refused to hang around when Hooper was late coming all the way from Moore Park to accommodate his self request.

Then to top it off, after the match he made a smart ass bitter comment to Kafe about how he must be hating the result when asked how he felt.

Guy just has zero class. Made the win even better listening to his poor reaction.

Someone has to take over from McCaw as Aussie enemy number one.
Every interview I have seen with him he has been humble and gracious.

But then again, he isn't on the losing end very often.
So maybe he is a "rank sook and a sore loser" with "zero class" -:)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

No.
I'd expect him to be gutted and pissed off. Nothing wrong with showing the emotion after a tight loss.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
The fact that he could muster a smile impressed me.

He doesn't really smile... More a permanent wince.

But whatever, I reckon he was a dick in the lead up to the game and a dick after. So maybe the bloke is just a "duckhead" as they say in NZ ;-).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
@TahDan, It does appear as if you have decided that Read is an unlikeable fellow and are seeking evidence to support that position.

On the contrary, I think he performed with grace on and off the field, as I would expect any Team Captain to do.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Wasn't looking for evidence of anything, but that pre game photo thing was dickish of him for both demanding the home team accommodate him and then refusing to wait when Hooper couldn't get there on time. The post match thing just sealed it for me on his petulance.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Wasn't looking for evidence of anything, but that pre game photo thing was dickish of him for both demanding the home team accommodate him and then refusing to wait when Hooper couldn't get there on time.

I disagree. I think the Crusaders were well within their rights to say that we're staying at Homebush, the game is at Homebush and we're not dedicating 2+ hours of our captain's day on the eve of the grand final to head into the CBD for a photo that no one could give two shits about.

I also think the Tahs were within their rights to request that the photo was in the CBD because it would have looked awesome in front of the Opera House and also to not make the captain leave the captain's run because it went over time.

Shit happened and Hooper was late. Hooper missed the appointment and I don't think the onus was on Read to delay the plans he was part of for the rest of the day to hang around waiting. He waited 20 minutes and left That seems reasonable to me.

At the end of the day a time and place were arranged for the photo and Hooper didn't turn up within 20 minutes of that time (I'm not sure exactly how late he ended up being). It doesn't seem unreasonable for Read to leave after having a photo by himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.