• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs vs Chiefs. Fri April 22, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
So where are NSFW on their annual timeline?

Just started the descent from False Hopes Base Camp?

Or still on the ascent from The Valley of Despair?

dunning-kruger-effect-curve(1).png
Urgh at one point TJ (was it TJ?) described their performance as 'inspirational'. Only fluffybunnys not already in the valley are the ones paid not to be.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
So, a view from the stands. That was hard to watch as a Tahs fan. We were our own worst enemies. Bell's tackle looked okay in real time but on replay definitely ugly enough for a red. He was visible furious with himself on the sideline. We ran thin on troops and we have serious issues with of wing defence. Marky Marky had a mule in defence and the last try came from a terrible read from Pietsch.

Gordon was very good, Gamble was excellent. Holloway worked his arse off. Hooper had a quiet one for him. Outside of that. Yeah.

The only replacement I was solidly impressed by was Archer Holz. Worked his respective off. We have the Chiefs too much room to run in the last 15 minutes.

The crowd was solid on the side the reserves were sitting. Yeah.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I also thought Holloway had a great game. Don't recall him making a mistake except for one lineout penalty. Ran pretty well, sacked a maul or two, defended well etc.

Harris and Perese were completely absent. Wanna see RWV at 8 next match.

Also, does that mean we are without Horton, Porecki, Bell and Harrison for the next match? Strike that one out.

RWV looked more dynamic. But he needs to invest in some longer studs. Slipped about three times out there tonight.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Tahs tahs tahs. What was going on ? When they needed to get izzy into the game they looked like they tried to throw away the game.
Interesting to see Gordan have such a great game for a guy that I don't rate. He had a blinder. Also gamble. Wow. Wallabies

Alex Ross (28)
Bella tackle should be contested at the judiciary. Not convinced first point on contact was the head. Neither was the TMO.
should have been a yellow for leg lifting stupidity. But not a red.
Roberts’ yellow as a penalty only. Plenty of cover coming across

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Bella tackle should be contested at the judiciary. Not convinced first point on contact was the head. Neither was the TMO.
should have been a yellow for leg lifting stupidity. But not a red.
Roberts’ yellow as a penalty only. Plenty of cover coming across
I thought it was yellow if it denied a goalscoring opportunity, not a line break. But that rule is just dumb period. Onus should be on the attack to not throw shit passes.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Tahs tahs tahs. What was going on ? When they needed to get izzy into the game they looked like they tried to throw away the game.
Interesting to see Gordan have such a great game for a guy that I don't rate. He had a blinder. Also gamble. Wow. Wallabies
Yep gamble was awesome and with the red and yellow cards and losing Harrison, bell and 2 hookers means realistically mission impossible to win after 80 minutes.

To me just confirmed tahs heading in right direction and with better discipline and less disruption in a game from injuries (oh and Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) not being the defensive liability he was) I reckon we could have beaten the chiefs.

Last edited:

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
Odd game to watch.

It's hard to fully gauge things for the Tah's with the two cards the HIA's, the injuries (I really hope Will Harrison isn't too injured poor kid). I also hope Bell doesn't get too long (isn't a grubby player), it did look shoulder contact first to my eye, but after all Cane's back issues you don't want to see the poor guy re-injured either.

Some of the Waratah's defense was really solid and then there was just some really poor lapses or soft phases.

I agree that Gamble, Gordon and Holloway all put in good shifts and are on a good trajectory if they can keep up these performance.

The kicking off the tee and the box kicks were decent, but some of the other kicking was really poor. Just continues to be an area so many of the aussie teams need to shore up. I assume they practice, but they just can't execute consistently in the game context/under pressure.

I concur with some of the grumblings about the breakdown. The side entries, flying over the top is really killing the contest and I wish ref's would really stamp it out. I'd also hope some of the contact that looked to possibly be a little high was duly reviewed by the TMO in the background. You just want consistency as much as possible.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Any vision of how Porecki got concussed? They never showed it, it must have been one of the first couple of rucks. Berry is pathetic, been reffing in NZ where side entry is the done thing week in week out. Considering the cards, Tahs did well. Dirty that both players did silly things, Bell’s was marginal red, first point of contact was shoulder, not that Berry wanted to see that, he was too busy getting the red out. The TMO wanted to give him another look, but he’d made his mind up. Idiot!

Alex Ross (28)
Any vision of how Porecki got concussed? They never showed it, it must have been one of the first couple of rucks. Berry is pathetic, been reffing in NZ where side entry is the done thing week in week out. Considering the cards, Tahs did well. Dirty that both players did silly things, Bell’s was marginal red, first point of contact was shoulder, not that Berry wanted to see that, he was too busy getting the red out. The TMO wanted to give him another look, but he’d made his mind up. Idiot!
Just an innocent knee to the head going low in a tackle for Porecki unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.