• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs vs Cheetahs Super Rugby-R5 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
...... what looked like a double movement
There's no such thing as a double movement In union. When AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was tackled he is allowed to play the ball which he appears to do backwards. He then needs to release and take no more part in the play. He doesn't and then places the ball over the line which is one or both of, not releasing the ball and/or playing the ball on the ground.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
There's no such thing as a double movement In union. When AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was tackled he is allowed to play the ball which he appears to do backwards. He then needs to release and take no more part in the play. He doesn't and then places the ball over the line which is one or both of, not releasing the ball and/or playing the ball on the ground.
that was my view of it too: not sure the ref really gave the TMO the option of calling it that way

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
To be fair to Timani, I will clarify my criticism. Been watching him and the guy is plain lazy. Does a hit up then stands mid field and lets the other forwards work for minutes before the ball comes back him way for a hit up.

Timani hits rucks late and is ineffectual by flopping in from the side.

The guy can do so much more but he is just too plain lazy. You can't carry those players at this level.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well, clearly he did not release it, as he played the ball on the ground

Putting the ball forward in the ground counts as playing the ball. Perfectly legal and always has been.

Only question mark was the obstruction.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Turner off, Volavola on. Lopeti on as we'll for Cutch.

Yes, Peter Betham. Looked very dangerous running the ball but he's dropped it a few times too.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Good to see the Tahs tiring the opposition for once. Maybe someone at Tahs HQ has been getting tips from Bruce Ross, fitness looks much improved so far this season.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You can really see how much Timani adds to a scrum, not really as dominant ever since he went off.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I see little change since Timani went off to the scrum, it had settled to parity beforehand. Either way he's not worth carrying for whatever he adds to the scrum. Douglas is a fi e TH lock and decent scrummaging LH locks shouldn't be hard to find.

Volavola is at 10, so Foley must be fullback and Folau on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.