• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs vs Brumbies RD 14 Saturday 18th May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
It's all moot really, since Phipps will almost certainly start next season and Cheika has made it clear he'll persist with McKibbin for this season (unless, presumably, the wheels come off entirely).

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Last season I felt McKibbin was one of the better performers for the tahs. Has he really dropped off so much this season?

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I'm far from a McKibben fan, but the last few weeks he has really upped his game and I don't have too many issues with him starting. Lucas is almost the ideal guy to bring off the bench as well, he is quick and can speed things up. If only he didn't take two steps before he passed...

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)

Yeah PB - it's good to see that Ruan Smith is getting to an age when we can have a good look at him, though he played from the bench a couple of times for the Force last year.

I don't know if he has the goods or not as I haven't seen a lot of him since he came back to Australia, and I don't even know what side of the scrum he plays on these days (was a destructive running LHP at school.)

There is a preview of the match as part of a blog I wrote here:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/preview-aussie-matches-in-round-14/

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
Lucas does have a far superior pass to McKibbin but he also takes longer to let go of the ball, taking steps before he passes.

Personally I think McKibbin has improved a lot in the last few weeks. The time to drop him in favour of Lucas has certainly passed. McKibbin is a better footballer in other areas of the game.

I'm not sure if I'm looking at the same game as you but I agree with the commentators on this one: Lucas gets the ball out quicker and sharper. I'm not bagging McKibbon though, I feel he plays his heart out and is a great team man. Every team needs at least one of these. He's also a QLD'er

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Lucas does have a far superior pass to McKibbin but he also takes longer to let go of the ball, taking steps before he passes.

Personally I think McKibbin has improved a lot in the last few weeks. The time to drop him in favour of Lucas has certainly passed. McKibbin is a better footballer in other areas of the game.

Except for his goalkicking. And in a close derby game that will be crucial. I think that unless he plays up to his best, goalkicking included, then we are starting behind the eight-ball.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Maybe its through tartan-tinted glasses but I dont think McKibbin is that bad - yes he is not world-class and not the quickest ball but I dont think he causes any real weakness in the side and if anything he is made to look worse by Foley, who I think is the real weakness in the side.
Lucas is too small for Super 15 - Hart is the better bench option for me.
Either way hopefully its a great two games on Saturday.

McKibbon is terrible. his service is not great, with poor passing, and his habit of picking up the ball, running backwards 3m and THEN passing is really hampering Foley, who is a seriously promising young player. I really like the look of him. Folau is getting the credit, but Foley is the one creating all that space for Folau to exploit.

Once McKibbon stops starting, the Tahs are going to be really dangerous.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Perhaps, but while it's in Sydney Homebush isn't the same as the SFS in terms of home ground advantage.

I certainly think that the Waratahs are in with a reasonable chance, but the Brumbies aren't on top of the comp for nothing. The week off could just freshen them up after the loss and an average performance.
Fardys back watch are pack destroy you

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Saturday night: ACT BRUMBIES v NSW WARATAHS at ANZ Stadium, 7.40pm
BRUMBIES
1. Scott Sio
2. Stephen Moore
3. Ben Alexander
4. Scott Fardy
5. Sam Carter
6. Peter Kimlin
7. George Smith
8. Ben Mowen
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Joseph Tomane
12. Christian Lealiifano
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg

RESERVES
16. Siliva Siliva
17. Ruan Smith
18. Fotu Auelua
19. Colby Fainga'a
20. Ian Prior
21. Pat McCabe
22. Robbie Coleman
Andrew smith as well fantastic super player

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
McKibbon is terrible. his service is not great, with poor passing, and his habit of picking up the ball, running backwards 3m and THEN passing is really hampering Foley, who is a seriously promising young player. I really like the look of him. Folau is getting the credit, but Foley is the one creating all that space for Folau to exploit.

Once McKibbon stops starting, the Tahs are going to be really dangerous.

I try to ignore your posts as best I can, but I can't ignore this one.

McKibbin is not terrible. I hate it when people call top-line footy players 'terrible'. McKibbin has played a few ripper games for the Tahs this season. Was very good against the Blues and Kings, also very solid against the Chiefs.

I do think overall he is serviceable at best. I would strongly consider picking Lucas, but that doesn't mean it is because I think McKibbin is bad. The backline has been operating well this year, and he needs to take some credit for that.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

McKibbin's last 3 or 4 matches have been a definite improvement on the start of the season. Cheika has made clear with words and deeds that he is going to keep picking him. I've assumed that he either doesn't rate Lucas or he thinks he's too small for Super rugby.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Haha - yes your right. Should have left it alone, shouldn't I.
You had a perfectly valid point, though, TSR, with the punctuation. I think the problem of lack of clarity of meaning will become more and more of a problem given the fact that a huge number of people now do most of their writing dashing off text messages.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
A little dark humour to get things started:

8569_273a.png

That said, am really psyched for this game. Com'on boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.